Which Cross Climates? There are several and they get mixed reviews around longevity.

Which Cross Climates? There are several and they get mixed reviews around longevity.
I haven’t looked recently what’s new, at the time I was looking at the Agilis, but they weren’t available in my size. I’ve had Michelins in the past on other vehicles & never had a bad set tbh. I got 35k miles out of the last ones on my T5 4mot.

That's why I asked as the agilis don't seem to hold up well against the crossclimate2 but there are other versions too...

Just wondering what tyres people are using on their 4 Motions. In Australia, so I don't have as much choice down here.
Thinking of changing to a new 4Motion that comes with 16 inch pepper pots. I would like to put tyres with better grip for a bit of gravel and grass surfaces when needed.
I have Michelin LTX Trail on my T6 now, (not 4 Motion) and they are perfect when I do need them, but are 102 rating, which I think will not be enough for next van.
Any suggestions from your experiences please,
Cheers.

My front tyres are worn and need replacing but I must confess to being completely confused about the tyre rating. The tyres are marked 205/65 R16C, but when I look up tyres guides, it makes no sense as the C would imply a speed rating of 37mph and the load rating 16 doesn't even exist What am I missing? The van is a T6 T30 van modified as a camper.

My front tyres are worn and need replacing but I must confess to being completely confused about the tyre rating. The tyres are marked 205/65 R16C, but when I look up tyres guides, it makes no sense as the C would imply a speed rating of 37mph and the load rating 16 doesn't even exist What am I missing? The van is a T6 T30 van modified as a camper.
1698696040632.png

16" is tyre diameter

Further explanation:

They’ll be a load rating too something like 103 - particularly important to have the right load rating on a commercial vehicle!

205mm is the width.
65 is the aspect ratio 65% of the width.
R is radial.
16" is the diameter.
C is Commercial rated.

Thanks all. Yes sorry, I did figure that 16 was the diameter. I was expecting a suffix of the form e.g. 90V but I have a C as it started life as a van. Thanks for all your help

I have just changed from Continetal Vancontact 200 tyres 205 65 16 (very hard wearing but noisy and gave a harsh ride) Put on 4 Falken Van01 215 65 16 only driven short distance since but an immediate improvement in ride quality (comfort) and noise! It'll be interesting to see how they last!

Back