235/65/17 tyres but 215/60/17 spares a problem?

Cooper

VIP Member
T6 Pro
We are off to…… I don’t actually know…. Somewhere in Europe… next weekend. My T6 4motion normally wears 235/65/17 General Grabber AT3 because they look cool and the council owned country parks round here have some pretty extreme terrain . But the spare is a 215/60/17. If I got a puncher and put the spare on am I going to:

A. Kill the 4 wheel drive system.
B. Keep driving round in ever decreasing circles.
C Just have to take it slow?

Pull out fuse SC33 and then proceed with C

If you would like to experiment, it can be done just by removing fuse SC33 (engine/ignition off). Be aware, that besides 4-motion it shuts down also ESC, ACC, Front Assist, Start-stop, tyre pressure monitoring and rear differential lock - so it will be a nice light and warning tone show :geek: And bunch of fault codes for your serviceman. Just record the mileage so they don't need to dwell on these ones.

I just went back and the read the post which this quote was taken. I had to stop half way through and check if my translate button had not been switched on my phone as I had know idea what it was about!

I’ll probably leave fuse SC33 alone for now. Unless all of sudden I start pulling hard right like a man with one leg longer than the other try to run in a straight line.

Thanks though guys. I’ll proceed with caution if I have to use the spare.

Reactions: mmi
We are off to…… I don’t actually know…. Somewhere in Europe… next weekend. My T6 4motion normally wears 235/65/17 General Grabber AT3 because they look cool and the council owned country parks round here have some pretty extreme terrain . But the spare is a 215/60/17. If I got a puncher and put the spare on am I going to:

D. Change the spare from a 215/60/17 to a 235/65/17?

Then you don't have to as @mmi suggests:

or

Last edited:

Then you don't have to:

or

There is that!

Then you don't have to as @mmi suggests:

or

Oh that’s a good shout. Will a tyre that size fit in the spare wheel carrier?

Oh that’s a good shout. Will a tyre that size fit in the spare wheel carrier?
Mmmm, maybe not...
This thread may help but doesn't give a definitive answer:

I put forth option F (sack the whole trip off) but was overruled by my wife. Now at option G (swapping the original wheels back on because I’m pansy).

Back