Your best £1-£100 van investment

Don't look too bad. I've currently got pressed plates. Are these legal?

Set of front seat covers from customs covers. Great quality, perfect fit and easy to fit in and out. Its keep the gungy, muddy mate of mine Ed the springer from wrecking the seats.

It's dirt season up here :speechless:. Loving clean van, but...:( To minimize cleaning work I installed a few strips of rubber seals. Of course, in addition to the extra dust seals. So price-wise this addition is hitting the lower limit of thread's requirement.

A_Fuel_door_outside.jpg A_Left_door_outside.jpg
Fuel door: google for D-type rubber seal small. Actually from the one I got, I had to cut the other half of "D" away so that the seal is "weaker" and won't push the door outwards. It's now more like "U"-shape (glue being on the left of "U"). The cut is not seen in the picture because the opening of "U" is down and left.
Front doorways: google for Z-type rubber seal.
A_Fuel_door_inside.jpg A_Left_doorway.jpg
Probably will add a strip to the bottom of fuel door to make it perfect. But already as it is now, the fuel and AdBlue caps stay clean. In dry season dust seems to be more challenging - but that, dry, doesn't happen too often :cool: up here.

I'm very pleased, they seem to keep (at least :)) 99% of dirt out - based on experience this far, having had them a few months on.

Last edited:
I believe it gets rid of the tinny sound, when closing the door, so it makes more of a thud.

I’m sure i’ve read on the forum, that some of the other guys have fitted these and there standard on the Caravelle ?
Anyone help out here who has them?

Thanks

SB

I believe it gets rid of the tinny sound, when closing the door, so it makes more of a thud.

I’m sure i’ve read on the forum, that some of the other guys have fitted these and there standard on the Caravelle ?

Thanks

SB
Hense the "sounds like a Golf" in the add!

Thanks

SB
Also cuts down on cabin noise and dirt around the inside of the doors.

They are standard on a Caravelle. I have factory fitted ones on my kombi as i ticked the extra door seals box on the extras list when i had mine built :thumbsup:

Door seals are my wish id never bothered mod, sick of the door taking two attempts to close and walking away from the van and not hearing the beep of my alarm sounding and having to walk back to shut the door properly.

Back