Think before buy !

My van is on 20” wheels and lowered it’s a Kombi day van with pop top, Van King bed and sliding tray fitted, we have a 3 metre air awning that we do all our cooking and lounging in, porta potty which goes in the awning tunnel and Pat and I love it.We have a few rallies booked and a month booked on the Isle of Wight in July ( can’t wait ).
We Have tented with motorbikes, trailer tented, caravaned, 6 motorhomes and now our T6.1 which we love but not the same luxury as our motorhomes were. We’re old farts now at the age of 74 but still enjoying the outdoor life with friends, also still ride my 750 Triumph Bonneville and my 900 Triumph Thunderbird.
Age is just a number.

John.

Really interesting post and replies. After having dipped into savings that were earmarked "for the future" I've definitely been sat wondering if this was a sensible purchase on more than one occasion!

I turned 40 last year (just a pup on here I reckon :whistle:) and have two young boys, and decided that I'd rather enjoy life while now, especially while they still want to spend time with their old man. :laugh:
Whether I needed to buy a van or not remains to be seen....we do love camping so hopefully I won't be flogging it come the end of the season.
As a “late boomer” (ie I was well into my forties before sprogs arrived) I can assure you that you made the right choice. My boys love the “party wagon” and regularly have sleep overs with school mates who just want the fun of sleeping in the van. Absolutely harmless fun and something of an adventure for them

My van is on 20” wheels and lowered it’s a Kombi day van with pop top, Van King bed and sliding tray fitted, we have a 3 metre air awning that we do all our cooking and lounging in, porta potty which goes in the awning tunnel and Pat and I love it.We have a few rallies booked and a month booked on the Isle of Wight in July ( can’t wait ).
We Have tented with motorbikes, trailer tented, caravaned, 6 motorhomes and now our T6.1 which we love but not the same luxury as our motorhomes were. We’re old farts now at the age of 74 but still enjoying the outdoor life with friends, also still ride my 750 Triumph Bonneville and my 900 Triumph Thunderbird.
Age is just a number.

John.
We have tented; then inherited a family trailer tent; and then various caravans! Now we are on our second California and have bought our last caravan that we tow with the Cali! I hope we still enjoy the buzz when we are 74!!!

By the way, if you ever fancy a stopover on your way to the ferry, we have loads of room!

We have tented; then inherited a family trailer tent; and then various caravans! Now we are on our second California and have bought our last caravan that we tow with the Cali! I hope we still enjoy the buzz when we are 74!!!

By the way, if you ever fancy a stopover on your way to the ferry, we have loads of room!
Thank you for the lovely offer @JOG as you never know if it’s needed.

John.

Actually, that’s not a bad idea….Forum members who are within an hour of ferry ports offering an overnight to fellow members……break the journey nicely. A bit like “forum delivery service”!!!

Reactions: CAB
Actually, that’s not a bad idea….Forum members who are within an hour of ferry ports offering an overnight to fellow members……break the journey nicely. A bit like “forum delivery service”!!!
:mexican wave: Forum Ferry Facilitators! :mexican wave:

Deserves a new profile badge!

Back