What are your top 5 things you’ve bought for/fitted to your van?

The Flying Scotsman

VIP Member
T6 Guru
What are your favourite things you have bought for or fitted to your van?
Can be modifications to the van itself to camping equipment.
Anything that improved your enjoyment when using your van.
Pics would also be great.
My top 5 in no particular order are.

Swivel drivers
Has totally opened up the front of the cab. Feels much more spacious.
IMG_6053.jpeg
Popclips.
For the pop top. Miles quicker and neater than the straps.
IMG_6054.jpeg
MFSW.
Activating cruise control and controlling my stereo with my steering wheel has made a big difference to driving my van.
IMG_5915.jpeg
Poty poofy
Having that extra moveable seat is fantastic. Especially for cooking or doing the dishes in the sink or for sitting on at the other side of the table. Also handy for the girls if caught short during the night. Number 1’s only though.
IMG_6047.jpegIMG_6048.jpeg
These cheap collapsible cup holders. 2 for £7 off eBay and are superb.
I’ve screwed one on the b pillar for use when the passenger chair is turned. And one in the back which is used when the rear seats are in use or when the bed is folded down.
IMG_6052.jpegIMG_6055.jpegIMG_6056.jpeg

'POPCLIPS' ? where do you get those? Ta.

Extension lead from EHU inlet- allows elictrickery in the awning without worrying about shutting doors
Silicon collapsible kettle
Romeska cooker
External windscreen shield ( I think ours is a silver screen - 10yo and still going strong)
Panda bamboo mattress topper
Wee oscillating fan.

This is very good for a novice like me.
Thanking you.
All new purchases must be “sanctioned” by the Overseer.
We will hopefully get a thread full of things members have tried and tested and think are great.
More inspiration on whats going to empty your wallet next
:slow rofl:

1 Koni shocks fitted by CRS,
Makes the heavy Camper T32 enjoyable to drive
2 VW tailgate bike rack ( in black..)
We actually use it for the bikes too, not just for show, but also helps make our van look more like a camper than a standard panel van
3 Ghost immobiliser for peace of mind
4 rear view camera
5 upgraded speakers and door deadening kit , all fitted by Dav-tec
So all the usual things, nothing exciting, , but certainly adds a few comforts to our Startline Spec van

Last edited:
Ordered - but have to wait to the 14th May - Still what a great idea. I hate those long straps that endlessly fall on your head when you are driving!

1. Solar Panels. Makes such a difference for weekends away. Not having to worry about the leisure battery 'running out' is a game changer.
2. Tailgate Bike Rack. Saves an age when taking bikes away. No need to get the towbar one from the garage and attach it. Also is a great clothes line when away.
3. Cadac Safari Chef. Great bit of kit that doesn't take up a lot of space. Morning sausage sandwiches, yum!
4. Portable WiFi dongle. Keeps the kids and Mrs RosscoPCole entertained on long journeys and on rainy days on site.
5. Rainbow Screens Thermal Cover. Helps keep the bus dark and warm when spending nights away. Also having eyes makes me smile.

My 5 things
Koni sport shocks and evotech springs (-60)
THQ LED headlights
Replace tyres, (A lot of converters use cheap awful tyres and put 275/40/20 on 8.5j rims at the front. Bad idea and not safe)
Shuts like a golf door strips
Tailored carpet in cab area

Oh go on then..
1.. CRS suspension upgrade
2.. THQ Headlights
3.. Ablemail 12-2 Trickle charger, no worries now on starter battery getting low.
4.. Cross Climate 2 suv tyres
5.. Upgrade from Webasto nasty rheostat diesel heater controller to Webasto multicontrol nicely controllable diesel heater.
5a .. Startline dogbones and grille eradicated for Highline frontage with foglights.
5b.. Still hasn't happened, but a Norn upgrade on bench waiting for a dry day when the Mrs is working, and I'm home alone!
Here endeth the lesson on just a few things that have kept me in the red...

Last edited:
So far my top five could be these:

Big chunky winter tyres on steel wheels
Lazer Lights
Hoping new Koni rear shocks from CRS - currently in my garage
Hoping a new engine by Retro Resus going in next month
Finding Retro Resus and getting a list of todo's and their advice in sorting my van

Back