Your best £1-£100 van investment

You could also be heavy handed
never had an issue with mine.....and I'm definitely not heavy handed! From what I can gather, size and accurate fitting are crucial. I've had them on a T5 and my T6.....best 20 odd quid I've spent on my vans.

Hmm, I've ordered mine from Ebay, £11.39...

Edit: Haha I've been done up like a kipper, that was only for 1! :laugh: I've only just noticed when I went on now so I've ordered another one, so make that £22.78

How do you split the screen on the ipad!! That's handy!

Kev
I use the Brodit too, but instead of the phone specific cradle, fitted a generic magnetic holder instead. I used to mount my phone here but to be honest, taking or making calls was getting done through the head unit, so unless it needs charged, the phone pretty much stays in my pocket most of the time. But for longer journeys, this is handy for mounting a tablet. Can split the screen so that Spotify and Google maps or Waze are on at the same time. Its about as close to fingers tips as you can get without taking your hands off the wheel.

View attachment 33744

View attachment 33747

never had an issue with mine.....and I'm definitely not heavy handed! From what I can gather, size and accurate fitting are crucial. I've had them on a T5 and my T6.....best 20 odd quid I've spent on my vans.

Im tempted to chop it so its only at the side as thats where the tinny noise cane from.

Im tempted to chop it so its only at the side as thats where the tinny noise cane from.
Did you follow an L shaped profile or did you allow the seal to "kick up" (more of a J shaped profile) at the leading edge of the door to follow the profile of the wheel arch? Quite a few seem to have done it that way but I positioned mine as per the caravelle style.....on both my T5 and T6 and never had an issue with closing.:thumbsup:

Did you follow an L shaped profile or did you allow the seal to "kick up" (more of a J shaped profile) at the leading edge of the door to follow the profile of the wheel arch? Quite a few seem to have done it that way but I positioned mine as per the caravelle style.....on both my T5 and T6 and never had an issue with closing.:thumbsup:

Yes Im a J idiot ha

Yes Im a J idiot ha
I'm not saying doing it that way is wrong @PukkaT6....it's just that I photographed a caravelle in the showroom and did it the same way....just figured that must be the best way to do it. The other thing is, before I saw the light and used to frequent a lesser forum, I bought some from a guy in Germany who reckoned he was the world's leading expert/supplier of door seals.....oem profile blah, blah, blah. When I tried it, it was puckering up where I curved it around the door profile.....I'm sorry but that ain't right! When I contacted him, he said I was the first to complain.....whatever? The stuff I've had on both of mine has been bang on and looks the part too....so size is a factor here. I think a millimetre or two can be the difference between something that looks right and something that most certainly doesn't.:thumbsup:

I did mine on the T5 just straight at the bottom copying a pic of someone else's. It was standard on my T6 and looks exactly the same, I would imagine that kicking it up at the front would mean too much material in the way

Got these lights from Costco today. £13 for four. Rechargeable, with two USB leads included. They are magnetic, and the metal plate (with 3M tape) has notches on so that they locate positively. About the size of the key. Just remove to recharge.

They can be set to constant or auto. There is a proximity sensor on the front which turns them off when something is close. Nice warm white colour, and they last for 3 months, used for a minute a day apparently.

I’ve used one in my gas cupboard so I don’t have to hold a torch at night when connecting the gas.

BC42B9F1-60BC-4CF4-9FB2-B2943F156B1B.jpeg

1FE77706-A625-4B9A-AD1B-1163D36896D3.jpeg

Sub £100. It has to be interior LED light bulbs. I got mine from Transporter HQ, quick and easy to install (I'm no mechanic), but makes such a difference. I can see what I'm doing now.

30DC55B7-7433-48D4-9B2F-5EEF4C25E2C0.jpeg Just a few pounds for an ‘automatic’ light for the lower cupboard and even less for a press on/ off light above; transforming our ability to find things. Both from Wilco

Another gap filler - fits suprisingly nicely into T6. Just need to see how it behaves in summer temperatures... will update in October if there are any issues...:rolleyes:
---> LINK to Aliexpress

Another gap filler - fits suprisingly nicely into T6. Just need to see how it behaves in summer temperatures... will update in October if there are any issues...:rolleyes:
---> LINK to Aliexpress

Thats great, looks better than the one I got. Did it come from the states for under £5?

Back