Wind deflectors... which ones?

I had the VW OEM ones on by T5 no issues with them as VW price listed included fitting when I asked they wanted it most of the day for glue to cure this time of year so on looking went for the Heko ones on my t6 which worked out about 1/2 the price. Comparing them both I am glad I went for Heko as I think the slimmer look looks better. I have 2 left hand and found the fitting very simple which was my main worry.

Hi all, will hopefullly be picking up my Kombi tomorrow afternoon and was looking to get some wind deflectors as a present for my birthday, can anyone recommend any wind deflectors?

I thought the HEKO ones look good?

Thanks for your help

Steve
I have ordered a set from VW they cost
£55 including vat & fitting.
Easy enough to fit your self tho

I've got the Dubflecta sleek, they are fine but took some bedding in. I removed the drivers side and repositioned the clips not had any issues since. Make sure that if you fit the internal ones have the clips only on a straight edge.

...message ends...

Hi all, will hopefullly be picking up my Kombi tomorrow afternoon and was looking to get some wind deflectors as a present for my birthday, can anyone recommend any wind deflectors?

I thought the HEKO ones look good?

Thanks for your help

Steve
Hi. I got the VW adhesive ones. Only took a couple of mins to fit. Main thing is to make sure the paint is clean and warm the adhesive strips up with a hair drier before you stick them on. They look good and work great.

Hi. I got the VW adhesive ones. Only took a couple of mins to fit. Main thing is to make sure the paint is clean and warm the adhesive strips up with a hair drier before you stick them on. They look good and work great.
I thought the vw ones were OK function wise, but after a month they had to come off, just because the aesthetics were pants imo. The stepped line of the grey plastic against the van's door frame just annoyed me. I've got the "climair" deflectors now, which are about 1000 times better again, imo.

I've gone for the HEKO wind deflectors in the end which are being delivered today, will let you know what I think of them.

I have a set to come off mine as bought replacements that go in the channel, if you want them can bring to Bala ?

If anyone has a set of Factory stick ons they don't want let me know ;)
Mine went straight in the bin, removing the other side of the double tape from the plastic wind deflector in order to re-use could be a real pita.

Despite trying to be gentle removing the VW stick on ones from my thy both shattered with spectacular force sending shards everywhere.

Ok, so mentioned above are the Heko, the VW, Climair and the Dubflectors. Obviously this question will get a lot of biased answers but which ones are the best looking?

Ok, so mentioned above are the Heko, the VW, Climair and the Dubflectors. Obviously this question will get a lot of biased answers but which ones are the best looking?
Climair are the best in every way, absolutely no doubt about, and anybody who says anything else are either stupid or blind (you do have to drill a little hole in the plastic wing mirror surround). There you go, that's put that one to bed, and I don't think you'll get any more comments on this subject!!!!;););):whistle::thumbsup:

Back