So suspension a minefield for those who don’t know what to get so let’s see who’s got what

• Bilstein B14

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • Bilstein B14 Komforts

Votes: 20 9.1%
  • H&R / Koni

Votes: 43 19.5%
  • Evo / Koni

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Plush ABP Air Suspension

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • VB Air Suspension

• Standard Springs

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Lowering Springs only

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • DCC

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Twin Monotube Projekt

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • SoLow

Votes: 19 8.6%
  • Stance+

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Van Slam

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • KW V1

• STX

Votes: 34 15.5%
  • Bluebird

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • H&R Monotube coilovers

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Seikel Desert HD +50

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • KW V2

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • STX-A

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
Their standalone coilover?
Yup. Even the Koni/H&R coilover is actually an H&R product, it just happens to use some components supplied by Koni.

I assumed that H&R/Koni on the list was for the lowering springs and separate Koni shocks option.

At the moment on KW V1 …..but since getting the van I’ve had 3 different suspension set ups ( in 4 years ) ….is this a record :rolleyes:
You could have gone with air for the cost of three suspension setups… maybe!

At the moment on KW V1 …..but since getting the van I’ve had 3 different suspension set ups ( in 4 years ) ….is this a record :rolleyes:
Mrs VanDamMan must be an awesome woman!

Reactions: Eli
Mrs VanDamMan must be an awesome woman!
I like setting records…:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:…..I’m on my 3rd tent and 4th canopy……not to mention changing the calipers…..You buy something then try it out and it’s not quite right …sell it on and start again…….i tell. Mrs @VanDamMan I’m still only on the first van….you should see the look I get:eek:

I like setting records…:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:…..I’m on my 3rd tent and 4th canopy……not to mention changing the calipers…..You buy something then try it out and it’s not quite right …sell it on and start again…….i tell. Mrs @VanDamMan I’m still only on the first van….you should see the look I get:eek:
Love it!

What do you think of this set up? Considering going for it myself. 17" wolfrace explorer alloys with AT tyres.
@Hamster67 - Looks better visually which was the initial reason for fitting them, but is crashy over any potholes / speed humps etc.
It's a good job I haven't reached an age where I wear false teeth yet!!
I would suggest a good set of new dampers with a matched set of lowering springs should be high on your list of improvements.
Even more so than new wheels and tyres.
Steve @CRS Performance is the man to talk to, although I see you are from Belfast, but I am sure he will offer carriage on any purchase

Koni Special Actives and standard T30 springs on my Caravelle. It's a family bus, driven on the speed bump ridden roads of London, so I wanted comfort and ground clearance. It's even got Devonports on. Flame me!

B14 but I would like to try SoLow as a replacement (they weren’t available when it got the B14’s)
As a very credible alternative look at the H and R coil over kit . It’s a proper coil over kit TUV approval , 50 to 80 mm adjustment with damping adjustment too, priced similarly to all the other. Sleeve over kits that the market has . This kit has stood the test of time and been around for a very long time and proved to be the most reliable kit in the market. .

You won't be disappointed in the Solow range. 5 years in the development and making. The range now covers every height of drop and even lift. From Solow AiR to Solow LFT. All with the ultimate in comfort and reliability in mind.

B14 but I would like to try SoLow as a replacement (they weren’t available when it got the B14’s)
You will love the solow as an upgrade on the B14’s. They now have many options in the range, for highs and lows and including air suspension. They also have the biggest, trusted dealer network in the UK. Try and get a demo / you won’t be disappointed, and can make your own informed decision on what’s best for you. Happy to talk through all options on the phone with you

Back