T6.1 H7 & H15 Bulb Upgrades

bluezie

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Has anyone upgraded to the Osram Nightbreaker +200% H7's, and the Osram Cool Blue Intense H15's? How do the colour temperatures compare, do the look ok?
I was hoping there would be some +200% Nightbreakers in H15, but it would appear the Osram cool blue is the only upgrade available.......

I’ve got both of these waiting to fit. More accurately waiting for me working out how to fit. Will give it a proper attempt at the weekend most likely and add some updates.

I’ve fit them to mine, first off what a ball ache of a job, secondly the h7 are a nice white light but the h15’s although advertised as white like led lighting they’re not at all, they’re yellow like standard bulbs, also when I put my high beam on the light out warning comes on the dash , it’s fine if you flash but not when on full beam . Hope this helps

I’ve fit them to mine, first off what a ball ache of a job, secondly the h7 are a nice white light but the h15’s although advertised as white like led lighting they’re not at all, they’re yellow like standard bulbs, also when I put my high beam on the light out warning comes on the dash , it’s fine if you flash but not when on full beam . Hope this helps
Strange, wasnt expecting to have an issue with warning lights after. See if I get anything.

Any tips for the actual changing? I’m intending to take the Air box lid out but still didn’t seem particularly easy when I started looking previously.

I didn’t remove anything , the h7 are easy enough they just pull out and clip back in , the h15 are another matter, you have to turn them anti clock wise as your looking at the back of the light, they’re really tight if they’re the original bulbs, I’ve changed mine several times since and I’m quite a pro now I know how, the first time I did them I used long nose pliers to get some leverage on them , I asked several places they told me I’d got to remove the headlights, but if you give them a good twist they will come out, you won’t break anything. Good luck let me know how you get on

Strange! I was expecting the H15's to be a blue white, not yellow, as they have blue filters, ie more blue than the H7 nightbreakers?

There shouldn't be any warning lights when using these bulbs, as they are the same Wattage as standard.

I know they’re proper blue but as you’ll see from the pic the light is definitely yellow D8E34C7D-38DF-41CE-8FDD-73A7BD802EE8.jpegD11BB4D2-635D-49CC-AB09-BEF7872559AB.jpeg260642FB-C41B-465B-AA69-2B434335638F.jpeg0C445405-4BD6-4582-8A0D-9F271C3BBFFC.jpeg

Makes me think something's not right with your H15 lights, they're as yellow as French headlights in the 1970's! This might also explain the warning light on the dash.
I'd take them out and double check the wiring, put an original back in and compare the colours etc.
A bulb advertised as cool blue should at least be whiteish, if not have a blue hue.

Personally I wouldn't bother trying to find white halogen bulbs. They don't exist. THQ will have their aftermarket LED lookalike headlights available in a matter of weeks.

Personally I wouldn't bother trying to find white halogen bulbs. They don't exist. THQ will have their aftermarket LED lookalike headlights available in a matter of weeks.
In my case, that's not what I was after, it's just better lighting. My reason to start this thread was to see if the 2 types of bulb match colour wise, as I assumed the H15 cool blue might be too blue due to their filters, and look like boy racer wally lights. My van is a standard work van, so I won't be spending £££££ on styling it!
I had H4 nightbreakers in my T5, and they were really good, this is what I hope to achieve, the H7 nightbreakers seem to do exactly as hoped, but the H15's are either total rubbish, or there is a problem with the lights pictured above, which seems to be the case as they are triggering bulb blown warnings.

Makes me think something's not right with your H15 lights, they're as yellow as French headlights in the 1970's! This might also explain the warning light on the dash.
I'd take them out and double check the wiring, put an original back in and compare the colours etc.
A bulb advertised as cool blue should at least be whiteish, if not have a blue hue.
Nope, I’ve had two lots of these bulbs now as I thought the same they’re definitely the cool blue ones, as for wiring I’ve gad the standard bulbs in for ages with no issues

Nope, I’ve had two lots of these bulbs now as I thought the same they’re definitely the cool blue ones, as for wiring I’ve gad the standard bulbs in for ages with no issues
I've just fitted some H7 +200 Nightbreakers, and the colour difference between the H7 Nightbreakers and the VW factory fitted H15 full beam is indistinguishable. Also the H15's 'look' a lot brighter as they are full beam with no cut-offs.
The pictures above seem to show just the DLR filament running, not full beam. The DLR's shouldn't be on when the headlights are on low beam, or high beam.
Something is definitely not right with those dim yellow lights in the pictures, and having DLR's running instead of full beam filaments explains the error messages, as they draw a fraction of the current!

I've just fitted some H7 +200 Nightbreakers, and the colour difference between the H7 Nightbreakers and the VW factory fitted H15 full beam is indistinguishable. Also the H15's 'look' a lot brighter as they are full beam with no cut-offs.
The pictures above seem to show just the DLR filament running, not full beam. The DLR's shouldn't be on when the headlights are on low beam, or high beam.
Something is definitely not right with those dim yellow lights in the pictures, and having DLR's running instead of full beam filaments explains the error messages, as they draw a fraction of the current!
the error only occurred when I put on the full beam, and it’s only happened since I swapped to these bulbs it was fine on the standard Phillips bulbs,

Can you put some pics of yours on here with drl only main beam and full beam? I’m just wondering if it’s because I’ve change my setting with vcds to keep both lamps on with high beam

Just the setting to keep both lights on when on full beam, as my main beam went off when I put the lights on full beam like they do on the h7’s on the t6.
What exactly did you change?

Reactions: mmi
Will do when I get a moment.
To clarify, you re-coded so the low beam H7 and the 15W DLR are on together? And does the 15W DLR stay on when the 55W filament (high beam) is on too?
I know you can't run a H4 lamp with both filaments at the same time, as they overheat, and as they share a common ground wire, more voltage will be dropped across this wire, so less voltage available to power the lamp filaments.

Will do when I get a moment.
To clarify, you re-coded so the low beam H7 and the 15W DLR are on together? And does the 15W DLR stay on when the 55W filament (high beam) is on too?
I know you can't run a H4 lamp with both filaments at the same time, as they overheat, and as they share a common ground wire, more voltage will be dropped across this wire, so less voltage available to power the lamp filaments.
I just changed the setting to keep the main beam on with the full beam as when the front end was first fit the main beam went off like it did with the h7 t6 lights.

Ah, I think I see now! So your van is a conversion from T6 to T6.1 front end?

Back