34 average and I drive it like it’s a sports car. I’m sure if I really tried I could improve but wheres the fun in that? (T30 140bhp)

I don't know what's up with you lot, this is what I get on a morning from cold, 4 mile journey to work. T32/180/dsg/4motion/M & S Tyres.
IMG_3928.JPG

Even forties would be good for me. I don't class myself as a fast driver but pretty much 75-80 on the motorway.
There's your answer...….I hate to state the obvious but they ain't the most streamlined of vehicles!!:whistle:

New to the club, and just stumbled across this forum, so Hi

Apologies if it’s been asked before but here goes.

We bought a 17 plate swb highline 2.0ltr tdi almost 6 weeks ago. It’s lowered 40mm on 20” alloys & remapped from 102 to 160ps. It’s a panel van to kombi conversion from Leightons in Sheffield, they’ve done a cracking job.

As pleased as I’ve been with it, I’m getting concerned about the fuel consumption! I see regularly on the Facebook forums about people getting up to 600 Miles from a tank.

Best I’ve managed yet was around 380 mile from a full tank!!

I do a lot of short stop start journeys but I absolutely do not thrash it before anyone asks or tells me I must do.

It just seems poor to me and I’m wondering if the remap may be to blame? If it is, I can live with a slower van for better fuel economy! Or are the 20’’ alloys a bigger factor.

Be grateful for your opinions & *admin* if this is in the wrong section please move.

Cheers Jay

Hello jay, welcome.
I have a standard 102 on 20’s and my Mrs uses it as daily driver doing school runs etc and it doing similar numbers to yours.

Short journeys are always going to impact fuel consumption adversely, compared to a longer journey.

See what it does on a longer trip at a steady speed first.

Also, has the overall diameter of the wheels/tyres been affected by the wheel change ? This could affect the accuracy of measurement.

Pete

Short journeys are always going to impact fuel consumption adversely, compared to a longer journey.

See what it does on a longer trip at a steady speed first.

Also, has the overall diameter of the wheels/tyres been affected by the wheel change ? This could affect the accuracy of measurement.

Pete

I’m not sure to be honest pal. I presume they’re slightly wider.

I did a long round trip a few weeks back of 360 Miles and I didn’t really notice a better mpg cruised at 70ish on the motorway.

Tbh I wouldn’t want to do away with the alloys, they set the van off nicely imo. But if someone were to tell me the remaps a factor then I’d “un-map” it lol

Hello and welcome to the forum :) also some people may have the 80 litre tank so they’ll get more miles.
Don’t forget to post some pictures of the new van up ;)

Back