mines as below
t32 150 manual mapped to 197 swb combi in midnight blue ( 17 plate)
short average( 1) and average over 3k (2)
60mile each way trip every day, a roads and dual carriageways
300 mile round trips every weekend fishing on all sorts of roads
(34k on the clock, but only 3k on the engine , turbo, and various other important bits as the original died after dropping the oil out the loose sump plug on the m1 @ 80mph !!!) non waranteed :( !!!! ( work by non dealership garage)
i dont drive sensibly or slowly lol :)
very expensive few weeks :(

IMG_2211.jpg IMG_2212.jpg

T28 SWB 102 Panel van 2016 48k
25 mile commute twice a day mostly motorway
avg 50mpg
I've had 58mpg on one commute
it does drop in town though.

I am really struggling to get 500 miles to a tank. I try and drive as carefully and eco as possible because I’m tight and dislike putting fuel in.
I done a long run last weekend and at one point the fuel range reading on the dash combined with distance I had already done was estimating around 670miles. But then as it does a regen it knocks off 60-80miles off that each time. Now fuel light is on at 450miles :mad:

I use supermarket fuel because around by me bp or shell is over 10p per litre more and I can’t justify that at the moment

I've never had less than 500 on a tankfull! Generally I find I fill up at 530 miles and there's a few litres left in the tank

Rarely get to 400 miles before the light comes on.
Don't go above 62mph and van is always empty.

Shocking.

Genuinely dont know how people are getting 150/200 miles more to a tank.

As I've said before, the 1.6 biturbo Renault engine on my Vivaro returns over 40mpg driven the same way but with a 400kg load.

I’m getting 280 - 320 max on a full fill up I’m putting £80 + a week in fuel but mine is a 204 dsg and I’m carrying around 800kg of gear 500kg of which is water and being a Window cleaner I’m stopping and starting all day long :mad: However on a run I’m getting 450 but very rare am I doing long runs

This totally baffles me. It’s a 68plate 150 manual Kombi, drive 25miles each way to work on the motorway, max I have in the van is a bicycle so no weight there and like I said I drive like your grandad. I even free wheel down hills. Hopefully it will get better with time but not hopeful

Some on here have a 70 litre tank, and others have an 80 litre tank. Maybe that explains why some (me) get 600 miles to a tank, and others are struggling to get, say, 500.

This totally baffles me. It’s a 68plate 150 manual Kombi, drive 25miles each way to work on the motorway, max I have in the van is a bicycle so no weight there and like I said I drive like your grandad. I even free wheel down hills. Hopefully it will get better with time but not hopeful
Not like my grandad, he was done for speeding in 1931, I still have the newspaper cutting :D

I have the 70l tank on my 150 Kombi. When I filled up yesterday the range was showing zero but it only took 64 litres with the filler clicking through several times so definitely full. I’d got 490 out of the previous tank so it’s giving me 34.5mpg.

It does feel like the guage is dropping before your eyes though but I’m pretty sure it’s just a perception thing given the numbers.

Had mine since new (150 manual Euro 6 spec) Never had 30 mpg out of it and i don't drive like an idiot believe me, most of my work is within 30/45min drive i know but i would love to be part of the 30 + mpg group!!
As far as I'm concerned VW are a bunch of lying shysters with their sales crap. Most other similar vans are returning far more mpg.
I wouldn't swap the driving experience for another van any day of the week as vw have got it sussed on that front but they've definitely conned most of us owners with their very over inflated mpg figures.
SHAME ON YOU VW

So I tried a wee experiment today on a trip to Edinburgh. Basically I stuck to the speed limits give or take 5mph and used acc as much as humanly possible.
My fuel economy jumped from 24 mpg to 36 mpg!
Granted that's a longer run than I usually do but even so.
Fully laden 4m 204 Dsg kombi work mule.
If I slow down the money I'll save will pay for my summer hols! :D

I usually go to Manchester from Coventry every week. I got the below coming back today, mainly doing the speed limit on the M6 due to the speed cameras and road works but did realise I was doing a steady 88mph on the M6 toll road. A certain member on here will say I drive like a granny but today I gave her a good old run

2016 t32 180 manual....

20190221_171018.jpg

Well it’s not rocket science. We’ve just done a run down to the French alps, fully loaded, winter tyres, 140 Eu5 dsg kombi. First day mainly in the UK so never really over 70mph then a couple of hours in France, not in a hurry so 70 ish again. 42.5mpg. Second day, foot down, French autoroute speeds and heavy traffic. 36mpg ....Simple really. Much over 70 mph and you pay for it, literally. And that’s brimming it and getting the calculator out, before you cry foul.

400 - 500 miles on a 70ltr tank

24-32mpg avaerage

204 DSG PV running heavy-ish.

Screenshot_20190221-190842_Fuelio.jpg Screenshot_20190221-190857_Fuelio.jpg

Had mine since new (150 manual Euro 6 spec) Never had 30 mpg out of it and i don't drive like an idiot believe me, most of my work is within 30/45min drive i know but i would love to be part of the 30 + mpg group!!
As far as I'm concerned VW are a bunch of lying shysters with their sales crap. Most other similar vans are returning far more mpg.
I wouldn't swap the driving experience for another van any day of the week as vw have got it sussed on that front but they've definitely conned most of us owners with their very over inflated mpg figures.
SHAME ON YOU VW
Yep I feel cheated I wish I never got a bloody Euro 6 and still kept my T5 , it will prob be sold by the summer

Been down to see my Mum in Sheff today, 80 miles at 60-ish, 46mpg on the MFD.
I know some dont trust it but I've checked and its always been within a few percent for me.

Back