@Dellmassive how smart is that app? Do you have to input a lot or can it scan receipts? Could be a good way of seeing how different fuels stack up to each other if you do fairly similar drives.

It's a great app, I've tried loads and like this one the best.

You enter data manually, I do it at the pump before driving off...

Mileage, ltrs, cost . . . . It does the rest automatically.

It's a great app, I've tried loads and like this one the best.

You enter data manually, I do it at the pump before driving off...

Mileage, ltrs, cost . . . . It does the rest automatically.

Have you noticed a difference? (I know there have been a few quite long threads discussing this!)

Anything noticeable between "supermarket" quality v "main supplier"?

Any standard v any premium?

I understand there are quite a few variables and is not 100% scientific but it would be interesting to compare the same van doing roughly similar routes with the same driver using a mix of fuels.

Or maybe not, could prove pointless...

I have Fuelio like @Dellmassive and as he says it's a couple of entries and job done. I've had my 150 Kombi DSG from new (10 months now) and have averaged 34.5mpg from new (9400 miles), this is a mix of town and motorway, pretty happy with that TBH though when I compare it to my last car it took a while to get my head round the relative lack of mpg's (59mpg average for the life of that one)!!!

Have tried both supermarket and 'main supplier' fuels and not noticed a jot of difference in mine.

Used to get 26 - 28mpg in the work van 204 LWB manual 4 motion until i got done for speeding
I now average around 32mpg with full roof rack and a load of gear in the back
Average around 20 - 25,000 miles per year so i should save a few quid now to pay the fine

Have you noticed a difference? (I know there have been a few quite long threads discussing this!)

Anything noticeable between "supermarket" quality v "main supplier"?

Any standard v any premium?

I understand there are quite a few variables and is not 100% scientific but it would be interesting to compare the same van doing roughly similar routes with the same driver using a mix of fuels.

Or maybe not, could prove pointless...
Nope, i go cheap and just use tesco.

It's all tested to the required specifications/standard, all the same if you ask me.

All stations are regulated by weights & Measure plus fuel standard and specs.

Derv is derv to me...... some cheap, some pricey..

I think the dearer ones may have more fancy additives.... but with my mileage at work I just want the best price per ltr.

Reactions: DXX
I Covered 475 miles yesterday, a mixture of A roads & motorways. Mine’s a fully converted 150 with 20’s. Add an extra 5 Sportline 18’s, tyres and a new hardwood door on the return journey, I reckon I was fairly loaded!
Note: the flexibility of the Cali bed system makes such a difference and carrying loadsa stuff:

Full tank to full tank was 64 litres, which equates to 37 MPG... very happy

150 t30 kombi manual

Over 4k miles, 40.6mpg according to the computer.

Van on 11k total mileage.

Was initially worse, oil change and shell diesel has improved the mpg quite a lot, regularly into mid 40s now. Expect the average to keep creeping up.

The van’s only covered a couple of K and the 1st service is now due so will cross fingers.

I’m only averaging 28.5mpg :(
It is mainly short journeys to and from work/school etc.
2017 SWB DSG T32 180 lowered on 20’s.

Last edited:
Euro 5, 180ps, SWB, full camper conversion, 32K miles - managed a displayed 40mpg on a 9 hour motorway run at 65 - 68mph on cruise control.
The fuel economy is definitely improving as the engine hours increase.

First week (for me) in my 150 DSG Velle, 42.1 mpg worked out with maths. That's up over 10mpg on my old Amarok.

Calais to the Alps in a 204 DSG 4motion, 34 mpg
Currently on our way back but only managing 32 mpg, must be uphill...

2018 sen 150 with full camper conversions, was fully loaded for a trip to Wales, 750 miles and got an 42.1 avg. Van only has a couple of thousand miles on it. Happy with that.

Managed 44.4 mpg in my converted and loaded 102 on a trip down to Devon last week. I reckon I could have easily hit 45mpg+ but a loud noise from the passenger seat kept saying "Can you stop poncing about and just get us there please".

First 3000 miles in my 150, I managed 40.1 … but it was hard going!
Reset the trip and got 45mpg in the last 1000 miles with little trouble.

Just done the Ad Blue at 4,100 with 1800 left to go.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the running costs, but do feel like I'm constantly trying to make it more respectable .. which is new ground for me.

I do hope you are all checking these figures with a calc and brim to brim, if not , the MFD is a work of fiction.

Back