What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

The final straw in a sh1t rainy week in France when the steering rack failed, lost oil and ruined the pump.

but earlier in the week received a front bumper scuff from an idiot who overtook me in a village 20 zone and had to pull in front hitting me in the process when another car came round a bend towards us!

As long as you are fine that’s the main thing. As said above the VW can get repaired ready for another (drier) adventure...

The final straw in a sh1t rainy week in France when the steering rack failed, lost oil and ruined the pump.

but earlier in the week received a front bumper scuff from an idiot who overtook me in a village 20 zone and had to pull in front hitting me in the process when another car came round a bend towards us!
Oh that’s just awful and hope things get better for you, I have nightmares about breaking down in France so try to insure myself to the hilt .
If we can help in any way just pm me.

Spent the guts of 2 hours routing a cable through the rubber grommet from the van to tailgate to power up my interior led's I've mounted in the tailgate.
I found that vaseline has many uses.......good for my chapped lips and for lubing the cable to slide through the gromet......:thumbsup:
I used an old net curtain rod bendy but stiff enough to push through then taped the wire on and pulled back through might help you next time lol

I used an old net curtain rod bendy but stiff enough to push through then taped the wire on and pulled back through might help you next time lol
It was the size of the cable.......I used a BBQ skewer to get through the gromet.......cable needed lubed or there was no chance of pulling it through.
I'll keep your net rod idea in the memory bank for another day.:thumbsup:

This is my first ‘mod’ since we picked up our new van last week.. fitted CTEK Bluetooth battery monitor. Anyone noticed any interference to the DAB signal from these? BF80F9A5-A710-4686-B954-345D9CB78478.jpeg

Last edited:
New seats ordered from captain seats, looking forward to the change and planar gets fitted on Monday.

Oh that’s just awful and hope things get better for you, I have nightmares about breaking down in France so try to insure myself to the hilt .
If we can help in any way just pm me.
Thanks, we came back in a hire car Cali gets repatriated to my dealer next week..

OMG an electric roof!!!. I booked the van in to fix a tow bar relay problem. Un be known to me . My better half also ordered a change from the gas strut pop top to electric actuated as early Xmas press. The van was booked in for a week since I could only drop and collect on a Saturday had it been a drop and collect same day ,she would have been rumbled. well chuffed....

9969E7D3-5C3A-44E9-945C-CEFF4602E534.jpeg

I feel almost crap after my none eventful dry week over there just before you.
If it's any consolation, I have neck ache from constantly turning my head to the left every time a T6 went past on the opposite side of the A26, but didn't see you :( though I was genuinely looking. I wanted to try and grab a shot as you passed to pop on our 'spotted' thread.

Fitted footwell lights to the ambient circuit, they are fair boudoir spec right now though, need to dim them a bit I think!

20191027_170354.jpg

Just connected my engine battery to battery 2 on my mttp pro solar controller so now I can capture even more free energy...

Screenshot_20191029-121951.jpg

We have a vamoos fitted roof . Not sure if they can do other models?

Seems Vamoose convert their own roofs only, which involves replacing the frame, corners, tent and struts. Major conversion...

Back