What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

It’s fantastic. Much better than stock. In an ideal world I’d have it slammed as I prefer that look, but at the end of the day this is my work van & realistically that just isn’t an option. Up & down kerbs & on all sorts of driveways/sites etc The STX gives a sensible drop, massively improves the handling & ride & loses the speedboat look I had from having all my kit in the back. I’m made up with it!

May have to treat myself, but keep it quite

Discovered another nail/screw in my tyre - this is the third one in about 5 weeks (after not having a puncture for about 10 years) :mad:

Not sure whether this is just (bad) luck or what. Do tyres get more prone to picking up things as they wear down?

Maybe I need new wheels/tyres now :whistle:

Discovered another nail/screw in my tyre - this is the third one in about 5 weeks (after not having a puncture for about 10 years) :mad:

Not sure whether this is just (bad) luck or what. Do tyres get more prone to picking up things as they wear down?

Ouch, that’s annoying. Tyres do get a little more prone as they wear as there is a few mm less protection and some tread patterns might be more susceptible than others. Has anyone had building work done nearby? My builders were awful at scattering nails and screws everywhere that then find their way into the gutter. Could you be picking them up like that at a regular parking place?

Last edited:

Unlucky set 'o wheels, defo get some new ones with a nice set of CC2's!

When you say unbelievable improvement, what are you comparing them to? What tyres did you have previously?
Previous were 20" with 275/40ZR20 106Y. The tyre itself probably not a good brand as it was a JoyRoad SportRX6 that the van can with.

Reactions: Bav
Previous were 20" with 275/40ZR20 106Y. The tyre itself probably not a good brand as it was a JoyRoad SportRX6 that the van can with.
Ah, okay - so you changed from 20s to 17s. I thought you were comparing the tyres in isolation. :thumbsup:

@borat - are those Canteras the original Vw colour or have you had them refurbished?
They look slightly darker than standard in your photo:

View attachment 223930

If they have been refurbed, can you advise what the new colour is please?

Cheers
They were refurbed in a satin ferrite grey. They look darker on some lights. The ceramic coating has given them more of a sheen, which I’m ok with!

They were refurbed in a satin ferrite grey. They look darker on some lights. The ceramic coating has given them more of a sheen, which I’m ok with!
@borat
Cheers for that.
Any chance of a couple of direct face on photos when time / weather allows?
I’ve looked at Ferrite grey previously but dismissed the colour as too dark, I wonder if there are different light / dark shade versions available?

Last edited:
Back