What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

If you have access to a router it’s worth putting a nice edge on the furniture to get rid of the sharp edges. I added some t trim as well, I’m also going to repaint mine this summer

View attachment 223713

That looks good! I have access to numerous routers/router table but I've never used one!

Do you know what trim/router bit? Combo I'd need?

That looks good! I have access to numerous routers/router table but I've never used one!

Do you know what trim/router bit? Combo I'd need?
I did it ages ago, for knocking off the edges I just tried various bits on off cuts until I found a profile I liked, for the t trim I think when you buy it it tells you the size groove you need to make

Finally binned the H4s for some H7s, fairly straightforward, just waiting for it to get dark now to try em out!! Desperately needs a wash but that’ll wait until tomorrow :)

View attachment 223732

View attachment 223733
Nice. Have you done the coding so the dipped stays on when you select main beam? If not it’s easily done with Carista Beta and essential to avoid having a black hole just in front of the van while on main beam.

Reactions: CAB
Nice. Have you done the coding so the dipped stays on when you select main beam? If not it’s easily done with Carista Beta and essential to avoid having a black hole just in front of the van while on main beam.
Yeah I had done that on the H4s and when I tried them before the bumper refit both were on, should actually be able to see where I’m going at night now :whistle:

Needed new tyres so after much research I went for the Fuel Zephyr with Falken 235/65/17. Unbelievable improvement in ride comfort.
Massive thanks to Elite Wheel and Tyres in Reading. Charlie opened up especially for me and had coffee ready when I arrived after a 2.5 hr drive from Wales. Top service from Charlie. IMG_1100.jpeg

Needed new tyres so after much research I went for the Fuel Zephyr with Falken 235/65/17. Unbelievable improvement in ride comfort.
Massive thanks to Elite Wheel and Tyres in Reading. Charlie opened up especially for me and had coffee ready when I arrived after a 2.5 hr drive from Wales. Top service from Charlie. View attachment 223760
When you say unbelievable improvement, what are you comparing them to? What tyres did you have previously?

Didn't see a thing, it's the most peculiar type of damage I've ever seen in a couple of decades of driving. Looks just like someone fired a punt gun of shrapnel at me.

Hopefully the crack will resin repair but the rest of the screen looks like it's done 100k in the blink of an eye.
Luckily I'm near an Autoglass depot and got this repaired Wednesday morning. Glad I didn't leave it as the technician said there was a crack spreading that was only visible once the glass was put under vacuum and he'd had to do the repair twice.

He was also mystified as to what I'd hit but described the screen surface as "looking like the surface of the moon mate"

Good tip he made clear though, Autoglass guarantee the repair for the rest of your ownership of the vehicle, if it fails then they replace the windscreen so claim off them not insurance. I missed this subtlety on the Volvo last year where a repair failed on a day of extreme heat followed by a cloud burst that shocked the screen - I claimed off the insurance which may have had something to do with the premium rise as it was 2 glass claims in the same year.

The ride on the new Cross Climates seems much more to my preference to the original Bridgestones.

Hopefully this is the end of shall we say unplanned work on BigTruckie :unsure:

Few things done during the Xmas Break. Dropped with STX by @BognorMotors Anthracite GP7s fitted (contemplating powder coating a different colour now, as not sure I’m keen on it all being so dark). Climair deflectors fitted too. New to the forum & picked up much (all) of my limited knowledge so far from here. So cheers for that! Great community. My wallet doesn’t say thanks though. He’s fuming. Happy New Year all!

IMG_4570.jpeg

@T6Plumber

Whats you thoughts on the STX set up
It’s fantastic. Much better than stock. In an ideal world I’d have it slammed as I prefer that look, but at the end of the day this is my work van & realistically that just isn’t an option. Up & down kerbs & on all sorts of driveways/sites etc The STX gives a sensible drop, massively improves the handling & ride & loses the speedboat look I had from having all my kit in the back. I’m made up with it!

Back