What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I’ve fit the coilovers myself.
I also have STX coilovers on my van and to get it low enough I have also wound the adjusters down on the front as low as they will go.

I think that having the coilover on its limit reduces ride quality slightly as it doesn’t have a lot of damping.

On the rear I have fitted an adjuster delete.

Pleased with it, but with hindsight I would have bought SoLow NSL.

I also have STX coilovers on my van and to get it low enough I have also wound the adjusters down on the front as low as they will go.

I think that having the coilover on its limit reduces ride quality slightly as it doesn’t have a lot of damping.

Live and learn I guess.

They drive alright, better than the worn out dampers they replaced in my case.

Have you got a pic of the bus from the side? I’ve got the same but isn’t low enough for me

I’m prob mm’s off that, I think I’d prefer the h&r,s to get another 20mm such a shame my stx don’t go that bit further cheers for pics tho bud
I like the way my van sits, but it’s a compromise being at the limit on the front and needing adjuster deletes for the rear. The SoLow NSLs will lower between 70-95mm out of the box.

The STX are supposedly 35-65mm and I’m down nearly 70 at the front and 75 at the back.

My thoughts are it would be better to be at 85mm down on the NSLs and therefore still right in the middle of the range which would be working efficiently e.g. comfortably.

I doubt I’ll be changing it though unless they fail - spent too much on my van lately :rolleyes:

I like the way my van sits, but it’s a compromise being at the limit on the front and needing adjuster deletes for the rear. The SoLow NSLs will lower between 70-95mm out of the box.

The STX are supposedly 35-65mm and I’m down nearly 70 at the front and 75 at the back.

My thoughts are it would be better to be at 85mm down on the NSLs and therefore still right in the middle of the range which would be working efficiently e.g. comfortably.

I doubt I’ll be changing it though unless they fail - spent too much on my van lately :rolleyes:
Agreed, you’ve got to know when enough is enough.

Whilst it was sunny, I fitted a BM2 monitor to the T6 starter battery terminals this morning, kindly delivered yesterday by the big red coated man wearing a white beard.
It's nice to know that the Chief Advisor very thoughtfully remembered that a Ablemail AMT12-2 trickle charger was installed a week before Christmas by the good folk @AJCConversions, so this little box of tricks will show me state of charge etc.
I have 4 of these now on different flavoured batteries and they are a brilliant, cheap bit of kit.

This 1:

1703611409651.png

Fitted here:

BM2 to starter battery 2.jpg

To monitor this:

I know some electrical gurus may suggest that nothing should be bolted to the battery negative post, but if @Loz & @Dellmassive both advise that it's ok, then that is good enough for me... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I know some electrical gurus may suggest that nothing should be bolted to the battery negative post, but if @Loz & @Dellmassive both advise that it's ok, then that is good enough for me... :thumbsup:
The electrical load of a BM2 is negligible but seeing one without a fuse (having seen a picture of the rather minimalist separation and cable relief inside) makes me twitch a little. On the upside if anything lets go the thin wires are likely to act as fuses before things get too carried away but still...

Having said that mine is still sat in my to-do pile as I can't settle on the best way to fuse it, so there is that.

caseoff.png

Whilst it was sunny, I fitted a BM2 monitor to the T6 starter battery terminals this morning, kindly delivered by the big red coated man wearing a white beard yesterday.
It's nice to know that the Chief Advisor very thoughtfully remembered that a Ablemail AMT12-2 trickle charger was installed a week before Christmas by the good folk @AJCConversions, so this little box of tricks will show me state of charge etc.
I have 4 of these now on different flavoured batteries and they are a brilliant, cheap bit of kit.

This 1:

View attachment 223520

Fitted here:

View attachment 223521

To monitor this:

I have one of these, but didnt bother putting on leisure battery since the fogstar app is pretty good. Didnt think to fit to my starter battery. Good idea!

I have one of these, but didnt bother putting on leisure battery since the fogstar app is pretty good. Didnt think to fit to my starter battery. Good idea!
I really like the Fogstar app - apart from when switching between it and the Renogy app it doesn’t remember the BT device I turned on e.g. the Drift 105. It’s as if the app fully closes rather than stays open behind the scenes.

I really like the Fogstar app - apart from when switching between it and the Renogy app it doesn’t remember the BT device I turned on e.g. the Drift 105. It’s as if the app fully closes rather than stays open behind the scenes.
If you're on a Samsung phone you could try creating a routine which when you open a certain app it connects to a certain device

In iOS you can select the app to auto connect to the battery by sliding left on the battery details on the initial Bluetooth list (in the Fogstar app). Unfortunately it doesn’t stay connected in the background as far as I can see.

In iOS you can select the app to auto connect to the battery by sliding left on the battery details on the initial Bluetooth list (in the Fogstar app). Unfortunately it doesn’t stay connected in the background as far as I can see.

Thanks - a definite improvement though :thumbsup:

If you're on a Samsung phone you could try creating a routine which when you open a certain app it connects to a certain device

Thanks - iPhone user here :whistle:

Back