Welcome new members

Signed up a few months back but did not get around to an intro post. Currently waiting to be a T6.1 owner (ordered March 21 before finding the bit on this forum about delivery delays....). Van will be a LWB Kombi 4Motion 150 Manual Highline with a long list of options - hence likely too many chips and no build date in sight!

Once I get my hands on it, the intent is to convert it to a two berth overlander so in addition to the roof there will be a Seikel lift, under-body protection, snorkel, recovery points and so on. Fingers crossed for a Spring 22 delivery!

Signed up a few months back but did not get around to an intro post. Currently waiting to be a T6.1 owner (ordered March 21 before finding the bit on this forum about delivery delays....). Van will be a LWB Kombi 4Motion 150 Manual Highline with a long list of options - hence likely too many chips and no build date in sight!

Once I get my hands on it, the intent is to convert it to a two berth overlander so in addition to the roof there will be a Seikel lift, under-body protection, snorkel, recovery points and so on. Fingers crossed for a Spring 22 delivery!
Welcome to T6F @SimonCB...ordered the same as you but 204 DSG a few days after you and just been told my build date has come forward to beginning October....that WILL change of course though...surely....almost disappointed in a weird way if it doesn't lol! :laugh:
Interested to see your 'Overlander' when you get sorted. Best of luck!:thumbsup:

Hi All, new member here!

Just upgraded from my old 1979 T2 to a 2016 T6T28 LWB, i have to say it's a completely different experience actually expecting to get to your destination without pushing at any point! Wife appreciates it - as she did the pushing :)

Hi all,

About to place an order for a new Kombi. Moving from a caddy I've had for the past 10 years.

Just specing it up right now.

My Spec is so far is:

T32 SWB 150 DSG Highline in Indium Grey

Split rear bench

Swivel seat in front both sides

Heated washer nozzles / fluid level indicator

LED headlamps with LED daytime running lights (Tailgate) with red tail lights

Mudflaps

Trailer Assist - Including Park Assist, front and rear parking sensors, rear view camera and side protection

Towbar - removable & lockable (incl. trailer stabilisation)

Power sliding doors, left and right.

Iam I missing anything?

Thanks,

Leon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jlo
Hi All,

Thought I'd register and say hi. Currently planning for our first T6.

Long term we want to get in to a Grand California, but, short term we're going to get a day van to use as a second car.

I'm still not decided between a Transporter/Kombi/Caravelle. I'm just doing the research now.

I don't want the bed or pop-top, I want to use a frontrunner rack and a James Baroud roof tent. I'm thinking a transporter with caravelle rails fitted or a caravelle with the third row removed (not so keen on all the windows if I'm honest!). We need just two single seats in the back and I like the idea of being able to swivel them towards the back of the van when parked up. I'm also thinking about a slidepod kitchen fitted at the rear.

Andrew

Welcome Andrew. You'll never be short of advice and suggestions here, so just ask away and someone will be along soon enough to offer help and experience

Hi all,

About to place an order for a new Kombi. Moving from a caddy I've had for the past 10 years.

Just specing it up right now.

My Spec is so far is:

T32 SWB 150 DSG Highline in Indium Grey

Split rear bench

Swivel seat in front both sides

Heated washer nozzles / fluid level indicator

LED headlamps with LED daytime running lights (Tailgate) with red tail lights

Mudflaps

Trailer Assist - Including Park Assist, front and rear parking sensors, rear view camera and side protection

Towbar - removable & lockable (incl. trailer stabilisation)

Power sliding doors, left and right.

Iam I missing anything?

Thanks,

Leon.
I would ditch those over priced mudflaps, they screw them into the bumper and they are not good, leave them off and fit some when you get the van for a quarter of the price

Morning all. New member signing in. We've decided to jump in and join the VW Camper van community and have already found this forum a mine of valuable insight and information to help us decide what we need / don't need. As an EV driver I paused for a bit to see how realistic and practical it would be to hold on and wait for a fully electric camper, but it looks like that is years away to get something with a decent enough range and affordable price.

So rather than wait and do nothing for years, and who knows what can happen in that time, we've decided to just do it and live for now. Now in full research mode to learn and define what spec we need and which converter to use. It's a minefield out there! Please excuse my daft questions that may be posted as I work through this :)

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you want to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forums.

The forum rules can be found by clicking here whilst FAQ’s on using the forum can be found here.

Hi All

Been reading with interest some of the threads. Not really found exactly what I’m looking for yet.

I’ve just bought a new high spec T6.1 to have converted (I’m so useless at DIY and won’t be doing any of this work). I’ve found dozens of companies and a huge array of prices and spec. It’s a tad overwhelming and I want to make the right decision of course.

The Van will be used for mostly weekends away for just the two of us. Occasionally 2 more guests I guess. It will also be out second car so I’ve gone for a SWB.

Anyone had high Spec conversion done recently and could recommend a company?

Really Interested to hear about “Must Haves” and “don’t bother” as far as the spec is concerned. Example Night heater? Blinds? 2 seat bed or 3 seem to be a theme.

Any comments are very welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Jlo
Hello all,

I have been a member of the forum for a short while now and new to the van scene (thanks to bug jam).

After much searching I have finally bought my van, a 2018 lwb PV t30 highline with tailgate. The only minus for me is its a 5sp box but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Like some i will be converting it to a camper but over many months if not years .

Cheers Mat

20210909_161939.jpg

Hi all, been a lurker for a while now having previously owned LR's and even a Vivaro, please don't hold it against me though :)

Finally joined joined the forum and the T6 club, with a 2016 '66, LWB 150bhp medium roof 4 motion in silver.

Not looking to fully convert, more a day van for camping, fishing and taking the bikes/paddleboards out.

Looking forward to getting to grips with all the variety of bits n bobs, that I need and the missus says we don't...

Starting with a front coil spring which snapped on Sunday - Argh!!!!!

Hi there
Just bought a new T6.1 yesterday....its been our dream to get one for a while...so excited!!:p
I've joined this forum to get ideas on accessories...the van needs a new mattress in the pop up...not an inflatable one but one that can stay there when down. Any ideas?
Sorry if Im posting in wrong bit..Newbie!

Reactions: CAB
Hi there
Just bought a new T6.1 yesterday....its been our dream to get one for a while...so excited!!:p
I've joined this forum to get ideas on accessories...the van needs a new mattress in the pop up...not an inflatable one but one that can stay there when down. Any ideas?
Sorry if Im posting in wrong bit..Newbie!
Welcome @LoobyLou

Depending on which pop top you have, you may be able to get a self inflating mattress in instead of the basic one. Personally I find the standard one too firm, so we use a seatosummit but it’s personal choice really.

Hi everyone
Been a lurker for a while , trying to join the t6 club but prices seem all over the place at the moment

Reactions: CAB
Hey everyone,
New to the club and put my deposit down on my new baby yesterday..
She's a 2017 T6 150 Highline Kombi (SWB) - planning on using for work and as a "semi camper" (with additional drive-away awning/tent).
It's had a bit of customisation done at the dealership but I'm already planning some subtle changes and minor additions.
First time van owner, third time VW. Pick her up on Wednesday, can't wait to join 'the crew'.
Have some questions already about the alloys and impact on towing, so hopefully speak to some of you in the discussions in the future.
Cheers :)

Screenshot 2021-09-16 at 19.56.53.png

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you want to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forums.

The forum rules can be found by clicking here whilst FAQ’s on using the forum can be found here.

Hi All,
Thank you for the add.
Just got a 2016 T6 camper. T30 102bhp
20210920_110300.jpg

Been Lurking for a while and eventually but the bullet and bought a van! The more I say we dont need so much space, the more the Missus fills up the car!

2.0 TDI Kombi, not sure what the UK derivative is . Building it for a dog van so would need to work on that first! The caddy had enough space until it just didn’t

19DD9254-8053-44CB-BF8B-C1F2B61E1EBC.jpeg

B2C747F9-70C1-44B6-9296-A53A6901A342.jpeg

19524E58-7546-428C-A227-D86C95E9C7F1.jpeg

Hi all - new member here at the early stages of research on moving from camping under canvas to a van, hence user name! Use will be mainly for 2 adults, an 8 year old and a gun dog.

Really looking forward to spending some time here as I’m a bit of a researcher and if there’s one thing I’ve already found - there’s a lot to research in getting a VW Transporter camper!

Very envious of all you existing owners. Look forward to learning from your experience and meeting some of you no doubt in the future!

Back