Welcome new members

Hi Everyone,

Newbie here. I bought the van about three weeks ago, and I love it. By far the best Vehicle I've ever purchased. So versatile. I'd welcome any top tips and recommendations for getting even more out of it. Couple of things I'm considering right now:

1) Dog cage/cargo separator - Would welcome any advice for the forum members?

2) Modifications - I'm considering changing the coils/suspension for a more comfort/less roll and upgrading the brakes to 8 pot callipers. Again any recommendations are welcome.

3) Seat covers - We're back and forth to the beach, kids in wetsuits getting in and out. Anyone recommend good seat covers?

I look forward to contributing to the forums.

Ta.

IMG_1023.jpeg

New member here with a ex AA T6.
Managed to find one with only 40k on the clocks. 2017.
Has front radar too for emergency breaking etc.
Its a t32 so has the punchy 150 engine I believe and is good for towing.. not that I do any of that.

Initially I was looking at ordering a new van. I found a way to go direct to factory rather than through a dealer but the build times as we all know is ages. I was being told march 22 so basically a year.

I've done up a caddy maxi before 2011 ex British Gas so know their pretty good vehicles and there's a great mod scene for the VW's.

I'll be using for work & play. Work is flying drones for film & tv.
So I'll will be moving over my heavy duty leisure battery system over.

I'm undecided about windows at the moment. Probably keeping the bulkhead at the moment for extra security & privacy.
I was looking at ambulance seats but I think I want a minimal setup.
May add some kind of rear folding bench seat against the bulkhead.

In my old caddy I got the kombi seats fitted but it cost so much and doesn't quite suit my needs. Really I want seats that can face the bootway so you can park up and open the tailgate to the view.

In the rear I'm copying a friend who has basically used upholstery material to cover the ply panels rather than fit carpet everywhere as the carpet looks a bit cheap and tacky. Been there done that. Theres the alcantro stuff too so maybe I'll weave in some of that but basic plan is to leave some metal exposed and have fabric on ply side panels. So full right panel, left door panels, then left rear panel & 2 panels for the tail gate.

Anyway here's what I've been up to.

So here's Lola as bought:

220177749_10160286820377494_3472821478531928850_n-2.jpg

So far I've added:
- Transporter HQ front drl headlights & rear LEDs.
- Electric tailgate kit from hansshow.
- Black 16" alloys.
- RCD330 headhunt for CarPlay.
- Vibe plug & play micro amp & speaker kit.
- Pioneer underseat subwoofer.
- VanX glovebox.
- Piano black dash surround pieces. (I bought the outer air vents then DIY sprayed the rest to match)
- Deep kombi door step with led.
- Black roof bars.
- Black spoiler.
- Black side bars.
- MFSW with cruise control.
- Black air vent trim.
- Soundproofed floor.
- Wooden floor in.
- Rear camera.
- Rear parking sensors.
- Gearstick chrome cover.
- Passat W8 lighting.
- VCDS coding for auto lock & unlock, dial sweep, large mph, dipped beam stays on with headlight, rear camera coding

Still to do:
- Fit the rest of the soundproofing
- Fit the heated seat kits
- Fit the seat covers
- Fit led lighting
- Fabric the rear panels
- Fit the side ply panels.
- Wire up the leisure system 3x 120ah batteries with inverter.
- Fit in my pull out draw for building kit on etc.
- Build in some storage on the side
- Build some fold down laptop table.
- Dashcam.
- Fit the aftermarket blindspot sensor system.

226534618_10160303980367494_8687768437657597552_n.jpg

Loving it so far.

The only thing I miss from my previous 4x4 was the way when selecting reverse gear the left mirror would dip down so you can see the kerb.
Anyone every seen a way to code for that?

Cheers

Hi all, just put a deposit down on a T6, will be my first having been thinking hard about it for 6 months or so.

it’s a 2017 150bhp Kombi, DSG T32 HIGHLINE. Its pretty loaded spec wise tbf. I wanted something that hadn’t been converted as I ride motorbikes so wanted to be able to put bikes in the back. Hopefully pick it up in a few weeks

E35768B1-3415-4340-9195-E8D023910EDD.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Indeed it is....any plans on mods? ;)
In order of priority…

- cambelt, a mates gonna do it regardless for piece of mind, he’s a VW tech
- speaker upgrades, I like the look of the alpine plug and play kit for the front,not sure on rears
- will insulate the front door cards at the same time
- bulb upgrades in prep for winter
- fit blinds
- maybe some interior lighting tweaks

New member here with a ex AA T6.
Managed to find one with only 40k on the clocks. 2017.
Has front radar too for emergency breaking etc.
Its a t32 so has the punchy 150 engine I believe and is good for towing.. not that I do any of that.

Initially I was looking at ordering a new van. I found a way to go direct to factory rather than through a dealer but the build times as we all know is ages. I was being told march 22 so basically a year.

I've done up a caddy maxi before 2011 ex British Gas so know their pretty good vehicles and there's a great mod scene for the VW's.

I'll be using for work & play. Work is flying drones for film & tv.
So I'll will be moving over my heavy duty leisure battery system over.

I'm undecided about windows at the moment. Probably keeping the bulkhead at the moment for extra security & privacy.
I was looking at ambulance seats but I think I want a minimal setup.
May add some kind of rear folding bench seat against the bulkhead.

In my old caddy I got the kombi seats fitted but it cost so much and doesn't quite suit my needs. Really I want seats that can face the bootway so you can park up and open the tailgate to the view.

In the rear I'm copying a friend who has basically used upholstery material to cover the ply panels rather than fit carpet everywhere as the carpet looks a bit cheap and tacky. Been there done that. Theres the alcantro stuff too so maybe I'll weave in some of that but basic plan is to leave some metal exposed and have fabric on ply side panels. So full right panel, left door panels, then left rear panel & 2 panels for the tail gate.

Anyway here's what I've been up to.

So here's Lola as bought:

View attachment 127498

So far I've added:
- Transporter HQ front drl headlights & rear LEDs.
- Electric tailgate kit from hansshow.
- Black 16" alloys.
- RCD330 headhunt for CarPlay.
- Vibe plug & play micro amp & speaker kit.
- Pioneer underseat subwoofer.
- VanX glovebox.
- Piano black dash surround pieces. (I bought the outer air vents then DIY sprayed the rest to match)
- Deep kombi door step with led.
- Black roof bars.
- Black spoiler.
- Black side bars.
- MFSW with cruise control.
- Black air vent trim.
- Soundproofed floor.
- Wooden floor in.
- Rear camera.
- Rear parking sensors.
- Gearstick chrome cover.
- Passat W8 lighting.
- VCDS coding for auto lock & unlock, dial sweep, large mph, dipped beam stays on with headlight, rear camera coding

Still to do:
- Fit the rest of the soundproofing
- Fit the heated seat kits
- Fit the seat covers
- Fit led lighting
- Fabric the rear panels
- Fit the side ply panels.
- Wire up the leisure system 3x 120ah batteries with inverter.
- Fit in my pull out draw for building kit on etc.
- Build in some storage on the side
- Build some fold down laptop table.
- Dashcam.
- Fit the aftermarket blindspot sensor system.

View attachment 127499

Loving it so far.

The only thing I miss from my previous 4x4 was the way when selecting reverse gear the left mirror would dip down so you can see the kerb.
Anyone every seen a way to code for that?

Cheers
That’s a long list!

Welcome to the forum, would be great to get some pics of what you are doing.

Don’t forget to join your Team!

Hi all
Finally a transporter owner
Pure grey, t6.1, 150 swb with led lights
Had vanstyle splitter fitted and painted, rear roof spoiler, gloss side bars and 20inch alloys, just needs lowering and trim sprayed gloss Black now

Hi all,
Well i would like to say i have the Transporter but it’s not due till February 2022 ordered in May 21. It is through the company i work for so wont be able to do any mods to it. It’s an T6.1 Idium grey, 150 DSG, swb, highline. It will be my first van ever so looking forward to it even if it is a while away for delivery

Last edited:
Hi. Back in the VW van fold after a 25 year gap and a dalliance with narrowboats. Picking up a brand new T6.1 next week. Looking forward to it.

Morning all,
First post for me. Collected a 2016 T32 LWB highline Kombi at the weekend. Twin sliders and barn doors. The configuration that I wanted and not common, fell really lucky with one an hour away. It’s completely standard, using it for house move/renovation.

Priority work is sound proofing, insulation, carpet lining, reversing camera, new head unit and speakers. The kids are in their late teens/early 20s and are already fighting over who will try and steal it.

Really enjoying the forums, thanks to the organisers/mods.

MP

Hi folks , just purchased my 1st VW . 102 LWB was panel van but converted to a 6 seater . So many things I'd like to do and probably stupid questions just don't know where to start !!

Reactions: CAB
Hello all, just joined, but have had a T6 converted by Camper King for about a year - My Wife has christened her Daisy (waveydaisycamper on instagram).
I have joined to share info and to be able to ask questions/gain from other's experience of modifications etc.

Looking forward to interacting :)

Hiya! Just bought (a month ago now....just getting into the forum...) a 2017 T6 LWB 204 DSG T32 Highline Kombi in Indium Grey, 95000 miles. Phew, not going to be typing that very often!!!
Full VW service history and then Mercedes Benz Truck and Van who sold it changed the timing belt and water pump and sent it over to VW Van for a DSG oil change before they would let it go with a 1 year warranty. Sweet! £4-5k of options- lights, carpet, heavy duty mats, reversing camera, top infotainment system with nav, large screen etc whatever it's called, comfort dash, towbar and electrics etc. etc. either this van was a demonstrator or someone went down the order sheet and ticked almost everything!
Being in Northern Ireland where everybody knows everybody, one of my pupils (yes, I'm a teacher) knew the guy who had the van before us- he services dairy parlour equipment, and said "yeah, he always kept his van clean and tidy sir" which was great to know!
- Removed VW glazed bulkhead and ply lining to find basically a new rear interior which was good plus I got myself about 15 new drill bits and 100 rubber grommets from under the previous ply floor! I have started the deadening/ insulating process and will carpet afterwards... fitted luggage rails from an Audi A6 avant on the rear sides for storage as detailed in Kombi Luggage thread.
- Fitted smoked LED side indicators (van came with VW LED front and rear lights- AWESOME) and debadged followed by black VW badges and front grill trim. Fitted "sounds like a golf" extra doors seals and with trial and affort the driver's door closes easily and still sounds good.
- Next job is to add Rial 18x 8.5 X10X black alloys (load rated for T32 and direct fit for Transporter centre bore) with all season tyres to complete the blacked out look.
Loving the T6 forum, SOOO helpful. Can't wait to post some more...

Welcome to the T6F buddy:waving:...your among friends here! Van sounds awesome mate and gratz on the purchase...sounds almost like my new 6.1 which I ordered in March and still currently on oder with VW :rolleyes:.

Photos if you please or its a dream?!:thumbsup:

Welcome to the T6F buddy:waving:...your among friends here! Van sounds awesome mate and gratz on the purchase...sounds almost like my new 6.1 which I ordered in March and still currently on oder with VW :rolleyes:.

Photos if you please or its a dream?!:thumbsup:
Thanks! You can see the van in the background in my profile pic but here’s another one because we all love pics! Last night after reading discovered my van is a 2018 model because a long hold on the remote and hey presto- mirrors fold up!!!

6162B402-53AD-4A00-8D4F-CA8F05AB0790.jpeg

DFF951A5-1995-42A2-9667-79B1774DC176.jpeg

Back