Possible new T6.1 owner - Hi!

t61

Hi,
Hope all is well.

I was a loyal T4 owner till relatively recently but circumstances forced me to give up the old tractor.

So - here is the q....

I've been looking at vans and 'need' to be able to access the rear through side door and tailgate - so have to go for 2+1 bench seats in the back.
That is fine. Found a suitable T6.1
2 yr old, 20k miles, 150psi, T30, manual from a main dealer, so still (in theory) under warranty.

Took it for a test drive and found that whilst gears 1 and 2 are really responsive, above that when putting foot to metal it took about a second for the acceleration to kick in.
Is that normal?
I didn't get that on the old tractor - press accelerator and got instant acceleration that allowed 0-60 in about a minute or two - but it was responsive if not fast (if you see the difference).

Just to say, that also happens on a relatively new Vauxhall Combo 1.5diesel manual so wondering if this is just how it is with newer vans.
Any responses welcome as need to say yay or nay today.

Also, is the paint protection coating worth having at an extrra £500 in your opinion?
Thanks.
Looking forward to not being too much of a pita on this forum......

Ha - thanks for that. I did ask if it helps to protect against rust but they were adamant it doesn't.

OK - I think I am going to jump into the T6.1 world.
I've put the deposit down.
Looked up on the forums.
Now I'm shi**ing a brick. Seems to be a lot of problems here. I know - people only post when there are problems.
But there are a lot of them there problems and on some newer vehicles than the one that will be rehomed to me.

Ok - when picking up the van (after paying vast globules of gold of course), I want to plug something into the OBD port to check that it isn't going to change into a lemon on the way home.
I know Carista is recommended, but I have problems with Google Play on my phone so won't be able to get the subscription. (Or might be able to but it is going to a lot of shouting at the phone which I would prefer to avoid if possible)

I saw a standalone OBD scanner - Topdun OBD2 Code reader Scanner ArtiDiag500 on Am*zon (don't like to swear), and T6 is mentioned (at least I assume VW T6). Has anyone here used this for scanning and to change settings on their horse and carriage (for instance alarm beeps/kph to mph etc) ?

Thanks.

Reactions: CAB
Back