Has anyone had these THQ lights apart?

I'm weighing up options of how to get the best light output for sensible money and am considering swapping out the projectors for bi-xenon ones, fitting a HID kit and LEDs in the main beam chambers for flashing duties. That way I'll get a HID main beam without the warm up delay and a fast responding, white flasher for when the lights are turned off. From what I can gather, aftermarket bi-xenon projectors are fixed through the bulb hole on regular reflector lights, so I'm wondering if it would be a relatively straightforward swap.

Why xenon at all? If you want to go "value for money" way, I would consider installing original VW T6 LED units
https://www.t6forum.com/attachments/img_20171022_204922-jpg.42735/
inside of twin H7 head lamp.
@Morzze has done already something similar.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
That all looks pretty involved. Unless someone can tell me how THQ supplied headlights come apart, I shall be fitting bi-xenon projectors into my H7s. Something needs to be done as they are dire. Something along the lines of these
US $71.39 15% OFF|SINOLYN 2.5 inches HID Bi xenon Headlight Projector Lens LHD/ RHD Full Retrofit Car Styling Kit Lenses H4 H7 4300K 6000K 8000K-in Car Light Accessories from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Be aware that will be an MOT fail.

Why xenon at all? If you want to go "value for money" way, I would consider installing original VW T6 LED units
https://www.t6forum.com/attachments/img_20171022_204922-jpg.42735/
inside of twin H7 head lamp.
@Morzze has done already something similar.

Sie haben meine Beschreibung nicht verstanden, ich habe die Halogenscheinwerfer nicht verändert oder zerbrochen, ich habe die originalen FULL LED T6 Scheinwerfer GESTARTET. Ich habe ein Video gemacht und bin bereit zu erklären, wenn Sie Fragen haben. SCHEINWERFER werden vollständig von Einheiten gesteuert, die ich erfunden und mit meinen eigenen Händen hergestellt habe. Das Video zeigt die Geschwindigkeit der Leuchtweitenregulierung. Wenn es sich um einen Halogenmotor handelt, beträgt die Korrekturgeschwindigkeit ca. 5 Sekunden. 0-1-2-3, FULL LED-Motoren 1 Sekunde für alle 4 Positionen.

You did not understand my description, I did not change or break the halogen headlamps, I STARTED the original FULL LED T6 headlamps. I have made a video and am ready to explain if you have any questions. HEADLIGHTS are completely controlled by units that I invented and made with my own hands. The video shows the speed of headlamp leveling. If it is a halogen motor, the correction speed is about 5 seconds. 0-1-2-3, FULL LED motors 1 second for all 4 positions.

Video

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the THQ lights, apart from the sequential indicators is there any difference between V1 and V2?

Looking at the THQ lights, apart from the sequential indicators is there any difference between V1 and V2?
None I don’t think mate, I’ve just got the V2 fitted by THQ and there great, Jack couldn’t be more helpful

What's the difference between the THQ black and chrome versions on the V2.
Thanks

Cheers, interested in the lights but in the THQ Youtube video the DRLs are almost brighter than the indicators and don't appear to dim, whether that's due to being on hazards maybe but normally VAG DRLs dim down when turning to make the indicator appear brightest I guess.

They auto dim when lights come on ( auto ) and I’ve got mine to go offf when indicator selected. ( via Carista ). Great service from THQ.

Silver because I couldn’t see the point in having anything black on lights. Maybe I’m missing the point, I’ve seen cars driving about with grey rear lights.....WTF

Back