Thanks for the quick reply
I am a good handyman ‍ sure I can figure something out…..
The front level sensor bolt is FT, the manual says it, and the nut (21mm) should be replaced as it is torque angle AFTER the initial over 100 Nm torque. Would need to look the actual figures up.
Rear sensor will be tricky unless on a four poster ramp as tension will be on the roll bar. One option would be to use a second Jack to raise the hub with a block of wood to get the bolt holes to line up. Do not just wind the bolts in as you will cross thread them. Wind them in finger tight, adjusting the second Jack up and down to allow the bolts to go in without tension. If you think you will struggle with this, ask your local garage to fit the sensors.

More questions
400£ is it a good price for headlight?
On this website discount is going up and down during the week like the petrol price
For £150 odd more you’d be buying new, so I’d say no. There are two lights on eBay at the mo, at £250 and £300 respectively - granted the £250 needs some scratch-marks polishing out, but that’s the ball park I’d say.

Thanks
I am from Australia and if I am buying new from onlinecarparts website I don’t pay vat….I can buy it for318 £ exc vat
At the moment I have thq v2 headlights and hopefully somebody can tell if oem led headlights are much better or similar….

Thanks
I am from Australia and if I am buying new from onlinecarparts website I don’t pay vat….I can buy it for318 £ exc vat
At the moment I have thq v2 headlights and hopefully somebody can tell if oem led headlights are much better or similar….
You will be scratching your head and asking yourself why you didn't go for OEM LED in first place.

Reactions: mmi
Is that much difference?
I do have vw Tiguan as well with oem led headlights and of course is slightly better than thq lights…..
Thq headlights are not bad but somehow the light is not even on road

You will be scratching your head and asking yourself why you didn't go for OEM LED in first place
How can I check if my van BCM is compatible with led headlights?
My van is MY19 204 hp

Keep in mind if you buy genuine LED lights from TPS, they DO NOT come with the LED modules which are needed. Each headlight has two. If buying off eBay, make sure they can be seen fitted in the photos, you may bag a bargain.

Last edited:
Non of these part numbers come with the modules from VW ( unless they are previously enjoyed lights off eBay or from a scrap yard.
You will have to order them separately.

Reactions: mmi
Hi
I know is no ballast and power modules….vw
I did ask a quote from local vw for this headlights
But here in Australia they did ask aprox 1500£…..

CB783D68-1246-4301-9EDF-89EBC9C5F23A.png

Yup, they are not cheap. They will not work without the additional modules numbered 7 and 11, you also need to order the retaining screws looks like No.18 but haven’t got my glasses on.

Yup, they are not cheap. They will not work without the additional modules numbered 7 and 11, you also need to order the retaining screws looks like No.18 but haven’t got my glasses on.
This my first Vw van….
I didn’t know about the candle lights….
I had Ford transit custom before had no problem whatsoever with the standard lights but with 125 Hp was to slow for me….

It should be illegal to sell vans with H4 and H7 lights as poor as they are.

Does the custom not have projector lights though?

Cheers for the link @StudleyGlass. Hazzydayz do some great mods for the T6, if only my pockets were that deep! I was hopeful of other companies out there offering the same service at competitive prices? I can't seem to find anyone but Hazzydayz who retrofit the LEDs?
Try googling advanced technologies, they advertise a lot of retrofits

What is your location?
I’m doing retrofits got another T6 to do tomorrow, full front and rear LEDs, range sensors, front and rear PDC Multi function steering wheel with cruise control. Make my own looms using genuine plugs and terminal pins.
Only fitting genuine parts though so most of the cost will be on parts.

Back