No coding will fix aftermarket LED bulbs fitted into factory headlights. You need resistors so it does not trigger canbus faults

Actual long coding of BCM is:
62 A0 30 38 0A 21 20 32 00 20 09 F4 2C 29 8C 54 F0 00 60 F0 60 46 4D 60 32 04 00 22 08 00
Please post the original coding - before any modifications were done
Please post adaptation map of the BCM.
faults still remain in unit when I read it by VCDS.
Please post full VCDS log of the faults - the BCM section.

I'm not the person to ask on that try @Robert Or @mmi Just to name a few who have a wealth of in depth technical knowledge far beyond mine. But, even if it would, is it necessary?
No coding will fix aftermarket LED bulbs fitted into factory headlights. You need resistors so it does not trigger canbus faults

No, its not so important. I had on my mind it could be fixed as on Octavia Mk3 where it worked like a charm. But there is most newer generation of BCM.

Thank you for clarification.

Please post the original coding - before any modifications were done
Please post adaptation map of the BCM.

Please post full VCDS log of the faults - the BCM section.
Original coding: 62A030380A212032002009F42C298C544000600060464D60320400220800

BCM map attached. Its in Czech so I hope its no problem.

Attachments

• adpmap-09-7E-20230528-1958.xlsx
    16.7 KB · Views: 10
Original coding: 62A030380A212032002009F42C298C544000600060464D60320400220800

BCM map attached. Its in Czech so I hope its no problem.
Thanks. Nothing obvious to tweak neither in coding nor adaptations - all the known modifications seem to be in place.

Have you disconnected the starter battery after the coding changes (for a few minutes)? Sometimes the changes don't work without cycling the power (known issue in this BCM but the root cause unknown, seems to be a bit random).

What were the fault codes?

Thanks. Nothing obvious to tweak neither in coding nor adaptations - all the known modifications seem to be in place.

Have you disconnected the starter battery after the coding changes (for a few minutes)? Sometimes the changes don't work without cycling the power (known issue in this BCM but the root cause unknown, seems to be a bit random).

I didnt try to re-connect battery. I only reset the BCM after coding via VCDS. Will try.
Car is now gone so when it comes back I will check fix with the battery and post the faults.

Thank you for verification.

I've run into a little problem...i hope!
Last week i had a bulb out warning light come up on the dash, now I've retrofitted T6 Leds to the front and T6.1 leds to the rear so i was puzzled, checked round the van and noticed a side light was out.... ah ha methinks quick change and we'll be sorted!
took side unit off to find out that the bulb had just fallen out, popped it back in all ok.
Warning light went off on its own.
Great!
Yesterday it comes back on again, i walk round the van testing lights, all working, so run vcds to get the below faults.
I want to add that i also changed the starter battery last week, went up to 80amps (varta) all coded correctly, the main beam fault has been there since i installed them.
Today cleared the codes, started van, turned lights on, immediate bulb warning light. Only happens with dipped beam.
Apart from that all lights have been working fine since install 2 years ago!
Any ideas??

Code:
Saturday,26,November,2022,19:35:59:00009
VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 8.1 x64
VCDS Version: 21.3.0.0 (x64)
Data version: 20210226 DS325.0
www.Ross-Tech.com

VIN:    License Plate: 07/06/23

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 09: Cent. Elect.       Labels: 7E0-937-BCM-V1.clb
Control Module Part Number: 7E0 937 090 B    HW: 7E0 937 090
  Component and/or Version: BCM PQ25 Max4 H81 0744
           Software Coding: A0AC39BA0AF3341193284F747EEB9E74C08C730F60C97940320400230840
            Work Shop Code: WSC 02737 022 167554
                      VCID: 2A5BB7AF45FF20DBBD-807E
3 Faults Found:

00978 - Lamp for Low Beam; Left (M29)
            010 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00101010
                    Fault Priority: 3
                    Fault Frequency: 26
                    Reset counter: 207
                    Mileage: 90222 km
                    Time Indication: 0
                    Date: 2005.14.14
                    Time: 14:26:01

01495 - Bulb for High-Beams; Left (M30)
            010 - Open or Short to Plus
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 01101010
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 166
                    Mileage: 90159 km
                    Date: 2005.14.13
                    Time: 12:39:49

01499 - Bulb for High-Beams; Right (M32)
            010 - Open or Short to Plus
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 01101010
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 166
                    Mileage: 90159 km
                    Date: 2005.14.13
                    Time: 12:39:49

Last edited:
Do they come back immediately after you clear them ?
I had something similar on mine first when I did the retrofit but only on one side (with limited coding info at the time) and disabling lamp monitoring cleared it but it came back after a year or two and ended up being a faulty/twitchy module that errored sometimes and replacing it sorted the issue
I also saw a headlight delay on one side (main and dip)

I had something similar on mine first when I did the retrofit but only on one side (with limited coding info at the time) and disabling lamp monitoring cleared it but it came back after a year or two and ended up being a faulty/twitchy module that errored sometimes and replacing it sorted the issue
Yep. Straight back on as soon as dipped beam comes on.
Which module was that mate, the one on the side (7PP941571AC)?

Also, should note that after the van has been switched off, the fault light will clear itself and only come back on when the dipped been comes on.
Not a supply issue though. IMG_7836.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes the headlight module screwed to the headlight
As you only have low beam fault on one side then I guess you have the option of swapping the module side to side to prove it ?

Yes the headlight module screwed to the headlight
As you only have low beam fault on one side then I guess you have the option of swapping the module side to side to prove it ?
That's my job for tomorrow buddy, will post results:thumbsup:

Hello, car has returned so I have tried disconnect battery. No change. Should it be caused by BCM itself ? Its strange that faults are related only to H4 bulbs. Not DLR, parking lights or reverse lights (all are also LED). I am thinging about trying of another unit with same part number. Or can you recommend another one with a different part number ?

Faults overview is attached. Thank you.

Attachments

• Faults_VW_T6.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: mmi
Its strange that faults are related only to H4 bulbs. Not DLR, parking lights or reverse lights (all are also LED)
I guess it's just internal fault detecting tolerances are different on different circuits.
Should it be caused by BCM itself ?
Seems more to be working per design? I do not expect another BCM to behave any differently.

Fault has come back now on opposite site so definitely and fortunately a replacement module needed.
QUESTION... I am seeing modules available online with 7pp941571 (AC) / 7pp941571 (AB) / 7pp941571 (AE),
Is there any difference or should i stick to the same as my previous module (A) or (AC)?
@Robert

tempImageNQMKnc.png

Last edited:
I would stick to the same type as you have used before.
Some day I will try to post some details on my findings comparing different variants of power modules.

Fault has come back now on opposite site so definitely and fortunately a replacement module needed.
QUESTION... I am seeing modules available online with 7pp941571 (AC) / 7pp941571 (AB) / 7pp941571 (AE),
Is there any difference or should i stick to the same as my previous module (A) or (AC)?
@Robert

View attachment 202872
Confused and scratching my head here!?
I swapped modules as @Pauly suggested which then gave me the error code originally from the Left over to Right. Thought that was problem solved, replacement module needed, didn't swap them back as right hand side (offside) is easy enough to change in situ.
Purchased a module, type (A), cleared codes with VCDS, run through a light test and a VCDS output test, all seemed to work ok.
Was out in the van at 5 this morning and the fault light appeared again. Got home plugged in VCDS and I'm getting a fault warning on the LEFT??
Question; Does left on VcDS mean nearside or offside?

So I'm really scratching my head as to where the fault lies.
I should note that all this seems to have started since i upgraded my starter battery a couple of weeks prior (Varta 80ah), all coded correctly, not sure if that would have any effect though?
Have also installed lower grille Drls, but they were running for months before this happened and have disconnected them with same fault appearing.
Have checked for loose connections, can see anything obvious.
error code below, not bothered about the high beam faults as i know from @Robert i need vag can to sort that one.
Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you:thumbsup:

Update: Have cleared codes and tried to get the bulb warning light to come up while sitting on the drive, can't do it, no fault codes nothing.
Output tests read OK except for High Beam.
Starting to think the error code i got when i swapped the modules might have been because i disconnected the lights...i'm old i can't remember!
Am considering there could be a faulty wire (earth) possibly and the motion of the van on the road is causing movement, thus triggering a fault but only when the headlights are on?
Stumped!o_O

Attachments

• Log-03-07-23.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back