T6 Midroof LWB Wheelchair Campervan Build

Well, its been a while since anything has happened, i've finally come good after being ill, so i've started back on the van.

Found a small little 6 litre 12 volt hot water heater that will fit under the RIB, so i grabbed that to give it a try.

Also picked up a ARB compressor to mount under the RIB as well, i'll have a remote plug plumbed in so i can access it from the back.

IMG_1722.JPG
IMG_1726.JPG
IMG_1725.JPG

It doesn't draw that much, i've got 280 ah AGM for now, and i don't tend to stay in the one spot for more than a day, so the Solar and DC-DC should keep the AGM's at 80%

I also started on the Cabinets, although i've spent more time drawing 1:1 scale drawings and details on the final design than cutting :(

IMG_1724.JPG

IMG_1730.JPG

Happy days :thumbsup:

Got the drawer carcass and drawers made up

IMG_1731.JPG

I used Blum Metabox 270mm with Blumotion, soft close runners and used extension Blum 250mm runners for the small top drawer.

Just have to put the fronts on after i finalise the black Evomotion handle location and router them.

I still can't get over how light this Ply is, even with it layered on both sides with .7mm laminate.

Still be working on the Cabinets.

cut the angled fridge sink unit, used dominoes in the angled joint for strength and then drilled out some adjustable shelfs for the angled shelf.

IMG_1732.JPG

Finally got around to gluing up the Angled fridge sink unit (the holes for the clamps are just there to clamp the joint until the glue sets)

IMG_1736.JPG IMG_1738.JPG
Just have to cut out the angled door and fridge opening (can't really see the pencil lines in the pic), so i can edge it and then start laminating it.

Got the top edging (im having a 9mm black shadow line between the cabinet and bench top and also a 9mm recessed black base)

IMG_1746.JPG

door edging sorted, filled the screw holes.
IMG_1750.JPG

Just have to get out the belt sander to tidy up the edging and filler, so i can start laminating the cabinet, hopefully ill get onto that early next week.

Still recovering from the recent illness, so only getting in a few hours each day :(

But hitting the road for a 3 day camper trip for this long weekend :)

Well, i haven't that much lately, but feeling a little better this week

So i started to do some laminating, after trimming and filing, i glued and screwed the 9mm shadow kick board on.

IMG_1800.JPG
IMG_1803.JPG
IMG_1804.JPG
IMG_1805.JPG

I need to fit the door, drawer fronts, and i'll look at laminating the fridge door as well next week if all goes to plan

Glad to see that your health is improving Bryn, good to read your posts again.

Keep the pics coming, the build looks fab mate. Tell us more about your ‘little’ trip, how many miles this time?

:thumbsup:

Glad to see that your health is improving Bryn, good to read your posts again.

Keep the pics coming, the build looks fab mate. Tell us more about your ‘little’ trip, how many miles this time?

:thumbsup:
Cheers Oldrat,

It wasn't a huge trip, just a bit over 1000km.

Just need to hurry up and finish this thing over our winter, so i can hit the road in spring.

haven't done much, although i've got the door on and fitted the drawer fronts.
IMG_1834.JPG IMG_1835.JPG

Just have to get around to fitting the handles and the top drawer unit panel, so i can fit it in the van.

Got a few hours in to router out the slot for the Evo handles.

IMG_1842.JPG

They seem quite well made, well worth the premium to have them shipped over here.

IMG_1844.JPG

Did a trial fit, just a little more scribing be done and then fit the bench top.

I really have to paint that fridge surround satin black or send it of to the powdercoater

IMG_1847.JPG

Well its been hard to do much, been watching the world cup, and the games start here at 10pm and last game is 4am, so the van has been on the back burner.

got the drawer plate cut and screwed on, milled, edged and fitted some 9mm ply battens for the bench top shadow edge

IMG_1858 copy.jpg

Ill start painting the fridge surround satin black tomorrow, as well as line the inside of the fridge cabinet with 10mm closed cell foam

gotta cram it in before the quarter finals start :)

Thanks for the kind words, it has been a challenge to get this far.

It's a lot hard than i imagined in regards to fitting out van as a paraplegic, compared to pre injury, everything seems to take four times as long.

I spend more time working out how i can do it than actually doing it :mad:

It’s really great to see you back again & hopefully over your recent illness.
Your workmanship is fantastic and as a paraplegic I find the work you do is amazing, real craftsmanship first class.
A fantastic read always.
When you have completely built and fitted out your van please please keep up with total reports on all the road trips that you do , as you certainly give hope and help to many more able bodied people who haven’t done half the work to their van that you have done.
Top man

Cheers, its really good to be back working on the van and not being ill.

I just need to hurry up and finish it, so i can hit the road.

Got the CRX 65 etched and painted in Satin black, time will tell how it holds, i might vinyl wrap if need be.

just need to wait for the expoy on the flush frame to harden over the weekend.

Now to watch some football :D

IMG_1869.JPG

Good to see you back online Bryn. Hope that your health is holding up fella.

Love the wood stuff. :thumbsup: Can’t wait to see it all fitted out, you are nearly there!

I echo Caulkheads sentiments, make sure that you keep us posted fella, it’s inspirational what you’ve achieved, the finish looks top notch.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Cheers Oldrat, health is good, spent a whole week at the workshop.

Trial fitted the fridge in the cupboard, it fits :), so tomorrow i'll refit the cabinets in the van and i'll finish of the benchtop and sink next week.

IMG_1872.JPG

Spend most of the week, refitting the cabinets, retrimming about 5 times unit they were spot on and parallel

Bolted them in to the rivnuts that i installed to hold the panels, refitted the template wardrobe and started on the bench top, i made a template out of MDF and once i was happy with it, i then used it to router out the lightweight ply. (i did think about using Corian substrate as my benchtop, but at $970 for a half sheet, i quickly changed my mind)

I went white for the benchtop, as i wanted a little brightness to all the grey and black in the camper, plus it's not a hard job to re-laminate it in the future if i change my mind.

I really like the shadow line below the benchtop.

The Smev sink fits, i just need to remove it all again and drill a waste hose and a waste tank level sender hole.

Now to start on making the wardrobe out of lightweight ply, i've decided to do it in two parts, as it'll be easier to fit, as the wardrobe goes to the the ceiling.

If i do it in one piece, i'm going to have trouble getting in in the van.

IMG_1881.JPG

IMG_1885.JPG

Back