Wheelchair Shuttle to Camper build

Steved55

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all - just thought I'd introduce myself as it's likely I'm going to be quite active over next few months! I have owned and converted to camper a t5.1 over the last 5 years. I have just purchased a 2016 150 dsg shuttle with the same intention. Biggest initial problems are going to be getting it back to standard as it's been converted for wheelchair access - much mech and electric work.
I have spotted an anomaly on the v5 tho and wondered if anyone else can advise? I bought it advertised as a t32, front struts confirm this. On the description on v5 it's Vw transporter t30 dsg bmt, but it's listed as 3200 kg gvw! Do I have a problem?

Probably just an error from what you describe. When my new 6.1 arrived it listed 3 seats on the V5, despite being a factory order with 2 singles.So I assume an error at dealers when first registering. In my case it didn’t matter as I was having it converted to a camper so simply updated once conversion complete.

Yours sounds like an error too, but may be a bit more complex to resolve as it’s weight/plate related. First thing I’d do is ask @Pauly for a factory build sheet.

This will tell you what it came out of the factory as and whether it should have been registered as a T32 in the first place. DVLA can be pedantic at times and may insist it stays as what it is currently, but the fact that it has 3200gvw on the V5 might be crucial here and may just tip the balance if you can prove it was built as a T32 and that someone simply put it down as a T30 in error.

Thanks Ozi. Pauly - am I ok to pm you my vehicle reg for a build sheet?
Many thanks
Steve

Hi,
Sorry to jump on this thread but I have a similar kind of question…

Bought a 18 plate T6, advertised as a 150bhp, online reg plate checks/recall checks/mot status etc also said 150. Printed VW Service record the dealer seller gave me showed it as a 110… I questioned when booking a service but VW told me not to worry, that it was a 150. Have since checked the V5 which also says 110.

I’m confused as to why these things don’t line up… but am hoping it’s a typo/error somewhere… (sounds possible judging from the above posts)

Do these things happen and is there a way to confirm (without a rolling road!)?

Thanks

Hi,
Sorry to jump on this thread but I have a similar kind of question…

Bought a 18 plate T6, advertised as a 150bhp, online reg plate checks/recall checks/mot status etc also said 150. Printed VW Service record the dealer seller gave me showed it as a 110… I questioned when booking a service but VW told me not to worry, that it was a 150. Have since checked the V5 which also says 110.

I’m confused as to why these things don’t line up… but am hoping it’s a typo/error somewhere… (sounds possible judging from the above posts)

Do these things happen and is there a way to confirm (without a rolling road!)?

Thanks
Bbp and KW outputs are different. A 110KW, is a 150 BHP

Hi all - just thought I'd introduce myself as it's likely I'm going to be quite active over next few months! I have owned and converted to camper a t5.1 over the last 5 years. I have just purchased a 2016 150 dsg shuttle with the same intention. Biggest initial problems are going to be getting it back to standard as it's been converted for wheelchair access - much mech and electric work.
I have spotted an anomaly on the v5 tho and wondered if anyone else can advise? I bought it advertised as a t32, front struts confirm this. On the description on v5 it's Vw transporter t30 dsg bmt, but it's listed as 3200 kg gvw! Do I have a problem?
My T30 2 seater, was first registered as a T32 3 seater on the V5.
Took a lot of emails from myself / Vw / supplying dealer & DVLA to change.
16 weeks approx.
Painful, but do-able.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks Ozi. Pauly - am I ok to pm you my vehicle reg for a build sheet?
Many thanks
Steve
sent you the build sheet for it, shows as 3200kg so must just be a mistake/anomaly when it was registered, not sure i would be too worried about it

Hi all, the next phase of my t6 wav de conversion continues. All hand controls and extra dash switches and wiring now removed and van running perfectly thanks to Dav tec.
The next phase is to prepare for removal of the tailgate ramp. The tailgate is power open/close with power latching. I can get it to open close ok from the buttons on the tailgate itself. There is also a hand held unit inside the rear of the van on a flying lead. This has four buttons, two control the tailgate, up and down, two control the ramp - up and down. The ramp appears interlinked as it won't operate with the door shut. The tailgate control works at all times. Inside the nsr panel is a large control box into which all the control cables disappear - is this a standard fitting or aftermarket? I wish to retain the tailgate controls but remove the ramp but am out of my depth - can see me calling Dav tech soon!

Hi mate I would think it's aftermarket. I doubt it's OEM. If it's like the previous disability kit removed it's more than likely got a CANbus pair (probably orange/green and orange/brown) that tells it when the door is open and closed and interlocks it. Would imagine you could just uncouple the external controls and ramp electrics and leave the internal tailgate stuff in place. But again I could be wrong

Cheers Chris

This is the control box in the near side rear panel - the relay is an obvious addition - does anyone recognise the rest as standard for a power tailgate with power latching?

IMG_1302.JPG

No mate that's aftermarket. the factory one looks like this

1641645831203.png1641645872731.png

Reactions: mmi
I doubt there will be much to do with the conversion that is factory VW stuff to be honest mate

Good point just checked. According to the scan I did previously he has got module 6D but I don't think the one in the photo is it going off the tech drawing

Reactions: mmi
Back