Have you been able to get hold of CAD drawings? I’m also hoping to get some panels CNC made so keen to hear how you’ve got on, thanks

I haven't! I did a LIDAR scan using an iPad Pro, which was useful for visualisation but not really accurate enough to take measurements from. So yes, am still looking for CAD drawings as it would make everything so much easier when it comes to cutting and fitting.
I have designed using SketchUp, had a lot of fun doing it, and learned a lot. Currently waiting for my friend's CNC machine to be up and running, will post pics when it is in the van!
!Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 13.06.18.pngScreenshot 2021-02-18 at 11.46.10.pngScreenshot 2021-02-18 at 11.46.00.pngScreenshot 2021-02-18 at 11.45.03.png

I haven't! I did a LIDAR scan using an iPad Pro, which was useful for visualisation but not really accurate enough to take measurements from. So yes, am still looking for CAD drawings as it would make everything so much easier when it comes to cutting and fitting.
I have designed using SketchUp, had a lot of fun doing it, and learned a lot. Currently waiting for my friend's CNC machine to be up and running, will post pics when it is in the van!
!View attachment 108543View attachment 108545View attachment 108546View attachment 108547

It looks really good and like you say helpful to visualise. I’ve found a company that will make wooden roof panel if I can provide the technical drawings, this part is proving difficult

I started my CAD drawing but As I stated it is very time consuming. Unfortunately the Tech Drawings I'm working from dont include all the internal stiffeners to.model from. It is the shell really. Mine is now covered so I can't take measurements. I could do with help is taking some detailed measurements if anyone can help.

Hi guys,
I’m driving a T30 swb at the moment (not sure if this is T5 or T6). I’m planning to convert into a camper. I could do with finding a cad file to build the interiors from - does anyone know where I can find one for free or cheap?

!View attachment 108543View attachment 108545View attachment 108546View attachment 108547
Wow this is impressive !

Hi guys,
I’m driving a T30 swb at the moment (not sure if this is T5 or T6). I’m planning to convert into a camper. I could do with finding a cad file to build the interiors from - does anyone know where I can find one for free or cheap?
I've been after CAD file for a LWB T6 for a while but have drawn blanks so far. Still looking!!
Glad you like the SketchUp/Lidar visuals. The units are going in next week, exciting! i should make a post about the process, it has been very interesting (and good lock-down therapy!).

Hi I'm new here it seems as though it has still been a struggle to find CAD files. I've been hunting around as I have a T6 and im also wanting to convert my van to a camper.
I've just come across a site that may be handy for some but it is for the T6.1. I'm hoping that the data is similar at least for those wanting a guide.

this website has diagrams in PDF, TIF and DXF format:

Hi,

Has anyone got CAD files they could share, 3D and or 2D?
I'm looking to design some furniture for my LWB T6.

Many thanks

Hi, did you manage to find these files? I'm also looking, found them via ebay however looks like those need a slight adjustment. Could possibly split the bill if you want?

Hi,

Has anyone got CAD files they could share, 3D and or 2D?
I'm looking to design some furniture for my LWB T6.

Many thanks
2D plans are available for download on VW’s site. Not the most helpful plans but a decent start. I used them as a basis and built them up from there.

Clipping from site and hyperlink:

IMG_5104.png

Hi, did you manage to find these files? I'm also looking, found them via ebay however looks like those need a slight adjustment. Could possibly split the bill if you want?
I got some basic info from the drawings from @CJW
How much are the 3D files from eBay?
Do you think they are any good?

If I was going to do this again, I’d use Scaniverse iPhone LiDAR Scanner on an empty shell.

I got some basic info from the drawings from @CJW
How much are the 3D files from eBay?
Do you think they are any good?
Hi GF, well one review said the file for U shape bed needed adjusting by 50mm. But they do fit, I think someone else on this forum purchased the plans and took them to their CNC friend to cut. They worked well but he wanted to go further and adjust the drawings to fit the curvature of his tailgate more/better.

The problem with these plans are, the right side bench is 500mm whereas it should have been 547mm I believe? Meaning the fold out bed slat area was almost 100mm short.

I think the asking is £350 - but looks like they have also sold/sent offers out in the past for less.

I have thought about a different design for now but I'd still be interested in acquiring the files to be honest

Back