U Shape furniture self built from CAD

Hi , I am just a click from ordering U shate for SWB from vanfurniture and after finding this thread I am thinking about CNC cutting and fitting myself, I found this U shape layout (probably you have seen in on Ebay for £99 ) . I have spoke with local company which can cut it for me for 75pounds/h and man sait it will take 3-4 hours. I do not knowhow many boards do I will need and most important if drawings are good enough to go fo it. U shape from van furniture with top cabinet locker are 2080 plus 120 delivery that's £2200. Thanks for any help.

HI Kuleszko. why not have a go at cutting it yourself? Its not as scary as you might think. I did all my furniture using Morland lightweight furniture board (I used two whole sheets (2500 x 1250) and still had a few bits left over. Once I had the design nailed I made all the parts out of cardboard first then used them as basic templates (with endless measurement checks). And hours of YouTube vids.... From what I read of van furniture is seems like good stuff but you still need to make adjustments and put it all together anyway, the only bit you avoid by buying the kit is actually cutting the bits up, which with a bit of practice on some scrap bits I bought wasn't too bad. I had no previous experience, but I have quite a bit now... And you get to buy loads of tools as well:)thumbnail_IMG_1731.jpgthumbnail_IMG_1735.jpgthumbnail_IMG_1765.jpgthumbnail_IMG_1769.jpgthumbnail_IMG_1786.jpgthumbnail_IMG_1788.jpgthumbnail_IMG_1814.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1766.jpg

HI Kuleszko. why not have a go at cutting it yourself? Its not as scary as you might think. I did all my furniture using Morland lightweight furniture board (I used two whole sheets (2500 x 1250) and still had a few bits left over. Once I had the design nailed I made all the parts out of cardboard first then used them as basic templates (with endless measurement checks). And hours of YouTube vids.... From what I read of van furniture is seems like good stuff but you still need to make adjustments and put it all together anyway, the only bit you avoid by buying the kit is actually cutting the bits up, which with a bit of practice on some scrap bits I bought wasn't too bad. I had no previous experience, but I have quite a bit now... And you get to buy loads of tools as well:)View attachment 236176View attachment 236177View attachment 236178View attachment 236180View attachment 236181View attachment 236182View attachment 236183

View attachment 236179
thats looking good ! How long took you to made it?

thats looking good ! How long took you to made it?
Not sure how many hours, but I had to fit in around work, mainly weekends and evenings. It was intimidating to start with but just took it step by step. Finished it last August and took the van to France for three weeks to test it ;)

Back