Hey folks. Does anyone know where I can source some CAD files or even a PDF of the standard VW T6 side panels for the rear quarters? I'm after the full rear quarter template which goes from the curve of the rear arch up to the roof.

Cheers

I think its extremely unlikely that anybody will have gone to the effort to drawer up the panels unless they are a converter/bodybuilder. It took us ages to plot the nodes on our CNC machine and tidy up the vectors in CAD for our database of lining panels. We worked really hard to make sure they were perfect and obviously we would never just give away or sell this info. Why not just buy a good quality set from someone? The cutting cost with us for example is around £40/50 plus the price of the ply (at cost)

I think its extremely unlikely that anybody will have gone to the effort to drawer up the panels unless they are a converter/bodybuilder. It took us ages to plot the nodes on our CNC machine and tidy up the vectors in CAD for our database of lining panels. We worked really hard to make sure they were perfect and obviously we would never just give away or sell this info. Why not just buy a good quality set from someone? The cutting cost with us for example is around £40/50 plus the price of the ply (at cost)

Nice one, thanks for the info. I’m wanted to do some additional design work based on the original panels, hence why I’d like the vector files. If I could supply you with a vector of the additional cuts I want adding could you do me a cost for producing them? Or could you sell me the CAD file for these?

Nice one, thanks for the info. I’m wanted to do some additional design work based on the original panels, hence why I’d like the vector files. If I could supply you with a vector of the additional cuts I want adding could you do me a cost for producing them? Or could you sell me the CAD file for these?
Send me over the additional vector in a .dxf and I will take a look at it and pricing it. Im sorry but the CAD files for our panels are not something we would sell.

hi.
I'm just Starting my conversion plan to start building next year. I have started to create my interior furniture3d plans in Autocad and would be happy to share. I would also be happy to create bespoke drawings for a small fee. so ask away.

Hi!
Is there any chance someone managed to get a nice 3D model of a T5 or T6 including the interior?
I would greatly appreciate if someone could share it!
I'd happily pay for the file.
Cheers!

Hey folks. Does anyone know where I can source some CAD files or even a PDF of the standard VW T6 side panels for the rear quarters? I'm after the full rear quarter template which goes from the curve of the rear arch up to the roof.

Cheers
Hi Adaptive. Would you be able to send me the CAD files you downloaded please? It doesn't seem to let me do it via the link above. Cheers

Following on from this thread - has anyone on here had success in finding a 3d interior of a T6? I'm using Sketch Up to design (now very detailed!) interior, and getting a fried with a CNC machine to cut. Having endless double and triple checking between the real van and the 3d version, especially for fitting into curves over wheel arch and tailgate etc.

That commercial version on Hum3d looks like it is €700 euros for the interior, which is way beyond what I can afford!

Got excited to find the technical drawings as dxf (thanks @hodgo10 ) but then realised they are just flat technical drawings rather than 3d model! Although i guess if I had another year I could create it on sketch up. Lockdown v6.0 perhaps?

If anyone can help let me know, I would pay if I could find something workable, just not 700 quid.

Will post some screenshots as it all progresses anyway...

Yeah 3d doesn't seem to be possible really. I enquired at Hum3d but didn't get anywhere in glad I didn't spend any money. In the end I changed what I wanted to do and didn't need it in the end. Best bet is I'm afraid to measure. Or know someone in VW Germany who could get you a step file.. but I doubt it..

I was going to 3d scan the rear at least and then model it up in Solidworks but didn't..

I am currently creating a 3d cad model of the interior of a T6.1 in Autocad inventor. Will take some tome though. I am using the flat CAD drawings on Body builder base and picing up every detail to make several slices which will be joined together. Should be very accurate when done. But not any time soon.

Yeah 3d doesn't seem to be possible really. I enquired at Hum3d but didn't get anywhere in glad I didn't spend any money. In the end I changed what I wanted to do and didn't need it in the end. Best bet is I'm afraid to measure. Or know someone in VW Germany who could get you a step file.. but I doubt it..

I was going to 3d scan the rear at least and then model it up in Solidworks but didn't..

Is it not possible to model it up from the dxf files ? I know they’re flat but a combination of them and some physical measurements (although I’ve not seen them obviously)

I’ve got an iPhone 12 Pro with the LiDAR Scanner and ‘3d scanner app’ in the App Store is pretty good should be okay for scanning a large area without too much detail and you can spit out IGES and PT cloud data. I’ve done it with other stuff and imported it into Catia V5 and Fusion 360. We’ve a Leica scanner at work but I’d never get permission to scan my van
Really quick scan of my bog whilst reading this

1C1B571E-03E6-4C37-992E-1F0815AA8A7F.png

Is it not possible to model it up from the dxf files ? I know they’re flat but a combination of them and some physical measurements (although I’ve not seen them obviously)

I’ve got an iPhone 12 Pro with the LiDAR Scanner and ‘3d scanner app’ in the App Store is pretty good should be okay for scanning a large area without too much detail and you can spit out IGES and PT cloud data. I’ve done it with other stuff and imported it into Catia V5 and Fusion 360. We’ve a Leica scanner at work but I’d never get permission to scan my van
Really quick scan of my bog whilst reading this

View attachment 103089
This is a revelation! And not just of your bog!
May have to go for one of these, need a new phone anyway and this is going to be a real asset for other work stuff too. Looking at the various integrated apps available, looks like canvas.app is maybe the one to go for, free and then charges you $30 for a sketchup export. Will have more of a dig. Thanks for that!

I am currently creating a 3d cad model of the interior of a T6.1 in Autocad inventor. Will take some tome though. I am using the flat CAD drawings on Body builder base and picing up every detail to make several slices which will be joined together. Should be very accurate when done. But not any time soon.
let me know when you've done it, would be a cool think.

If you need a hand with anything i can help, I've used Autodesk Inventor since Release 6, currently using 2021 Professional.

If you need a hand with anything i can help, I've used Autodesk Inventor since Release 6, currently using 2021 Professional.
Thanks.
I'm using 2021 also. In fairly new to it but I enjoy the challenge of learning.

Back