T6.1 What’s this live feed under my passenger seat? [Merge]

Hi there again. So do you think it is ok to take the feed,with its own fuse, from one of the spare feeds to my c-tek dc to dc charger? Aldo I eas going to put all the wires in the double seat under the floor when I put the seat swivel in. The Liesure batt and the c-trek will end up under the drivers seat. That’s the plan anyway. I appreciate the advice you guys give and hope to contribute more during my build. Cheers
I have used one of the spare slots from the fuse box on top of the battery for my dc-dc charger. I added a fuse of the correct rating for the charger, so Im not relying on the fuse box which is far too high.

I have used one of the spare slots from the fuse box on top of the battery for my dc-dc charger. I added a fuse of the correct rating for the charger, so Im not relying on the fuse box which is far too high.
Cheers for that. I thought it made sense but good to know it’s been done and all was well.

So do you think it is ok to take the feed,with its own fuse, from one of the spare feeds to my c-tek dc to dc charger?
If you’re asking “can I use one of those fused cables to power my CTEK DC-DC charger” then the answer is yes, that’s exactly what VW intended them to do (well, they still fit VSR’s, but you get my drift).
Aldo I eas going to put all the wires in the double seat under the floor when I put the seat swivel in.
Tucking them under the floor mat will be fine.
The Liesure batt and the c-trek will end up under the drivers seat. That’s the plan anyway.
if memory serves me right, you can remove the cab mat and have that factory cabling run to your drivers seat base instead of having it run to your passenger seat area - it runs down from the front middle area of the cab / dash, so will reach ok (I’ve an early T6 so this may be different to yours, but removing the mat to sound-deaden and lay other cable is a job that you’ll be doing anyway).

If you’re asking “can I use one of those fused cables to power my CTEK DC-DC charger” then the answer is yes, that’s exactly what VW intended them to do (well, they still fit VSR’s, but you get my drift).

Tucking them under the floor mat will be fine.
if memory serves me right, you can remove the cab mat and have that factory cabling run to your drivers seat base instead of having it run to your passenger seat area - it runs down from the front middle area of the cab / dash, so will reach ok (I’ve an early T6 so this may be different to yours, but removing the mat to sound-deaden and lay other cable is a job that you’ll be doing anyway).
Great. Will give that a try. Cheers

Trying to connect a dc charger to the famous red wire I’ve read so much about, but in my 2021 t6 there are 5 fused accessories coming off it, all 30 fuses each. Besides the cig lighter, I can’t find what else they could be?

More to the point, can I piggy back my charger (30A max) off this with these all still connected?

Trying to connect a dc charger to the famous red wire I’ve read so much about, but in my 2021 t6 there are 5 fused accessories coming off it, all 30 fuses each. Besides the cig lighter, I can’t find what else they could be?

More to the point, can I piggy back my charger (30A max) off this with these all still connected?
Got some pics?

They may have changed things in the T6.1?

5x 30A is 150A possible max.... thats massive! .... unless they not expecting all these to be on all the time?

Adding another 30A could take you to 180A possible max?

You need to check the size of that cable, and the size of the fuse feeding it...

Schematics and fuse box layouts are available in the downloads section.

Jeez, I took a photo of these as I was going to ask If I can power an amp from the fuse box under the passenger seat but then discovered that its permanently live. So Deleted it, thinking I didnt want that, now thinking again I am wondering if it is possible to add another fuse in this box and where would I get a pin/terminal from?97682579-4002-433A-BCEF-B9C2DBD951AB_1_105_c.jpeg

@Dellmassive

7C92A6A5-3568-4564-AF33-6A7448FB83F5_1_105_c.jpegD237A3DE-7077-455F-8E19-AB81BE8AE320_1_105_c.jpeg

Got some pics?

They may have changed things in the T6.1?

5x 30A is 150A possible max.... thats massive! .... unless they not expecting all these to be on all the time?

Adding another 30A could take you to 180A possible max?

You need to check the size of that cable, and the size of the fuse feeding it...

Schematics and fuse box layouts are available in the downloads section.

I agree, that’s huge current draw! The cable isn’t marked but at a guess it’s 12mm and crimped to the line side of the fuse with funny square crimps.

im not a member so can’t access that stuff unfortunately20210328_204806.jpg

Can anyone answer if it’s ok to use this red wire with the other random accessories?

Can anyone answer if it’s ok to use this red wire with the other random accessories?
I’d say yes, but as @Dellmassive stated, you need to make sure your cable is rated for the theoretical maximum amperage should they all be demanding power at the same time.

What are the other 30A loads?

Hi all,

Just test fitting a new Powered Lithium battery. Van is a new t6.1. Wondering if I can repurpose this feed for a Victron Orion DC-DC charger and save myself a few life minutes by not having to route a new one.

I haven’t traced it back to its origin but I’m assuming it runs back to a bus that sits on to top the starter battery. It’s not connected to anything under the seat, just taped up.

Can’t find any mention of it with a search.

Any thoughts appreciated.

64CA02FC-84F8-4BED-AB30-32AEB154C869.jpeg

6C2CA5DA-6296-459F-93AD-ADACF92787EA.jpeg

Starter battery Bus Bar looks like this.

C69F587E-3B1C-4A83-B52F-3D8A75C0307C.jpeg

D0914666-F409-41C5-B87B-F465855523F0.jpeg

Last edited:
If that links back to the main battery fuse box, then yes.

But you need to test it.

See if its live. Then find the main feeds at the battery.

Find same cable and disconnect and bell it out.

Post a few pics of your battery in engine bay.

gotcha.

we had similar question on a T6.1 a while ago.

the feed ended up coming from the main SA fusebox under the battery.

and previous thread . . . .

./

more info:

Dellmassive`s -- "how I Done It" -- Thread
Kit List And Stuff -- How I Done It & What I Use --
VIP Membership | VW T6 Forum - The Dedicated VW Transporter T6 Forum
For Sale - Summer-weekend-t6f Limited Edition External Stickers
For Sale - T6F Flags

come join the VIP club:

Done! Thanks so much for the help.

From looking at the relay location diagrams I'm guessing that it's the feed that would go to the 'Battery Isolation Relay' which I'm assuming is the factory split charge relay? I'll check to be sure but looks like those life minutes are in the bank!

Yes basically.

You might find that cable links back to the SA03 fuse under the battery.

Welco :mexican wave: me to the VIP CLUB btw....

Probably this question been asked before, can the leisure battery be fitted under the front passenger single seat on the VW T6? there seems to be lots of wires and a fuse box under it.

yeh . . . just unwrap it and see if its ladled.

if its fed from the main battery fuse box then you can use it as a main battery feed for DC-DC etc etc.

if its not labelled then you will have to test it with a mustimeter. . . trace the cable back. check for power. remove fuse. check for no power. check contnuity of cable.

its most likely under the batttery.

Hi @Dellmassive, I'm just installing my leisure battery and found these wires under the passenger seat, I've uncovered the thick 10mm red and it is labelled with a sticker, does that mean it's good to use for the dc - dc charger? If so will I need to fuse it or should it be fused already? Thanks.

If it's factory...then.

Will most likely be fed from the SA fuse under the starter battery.

See info above..... I think it's fed with a 100A fuse?

So good for a DC-DC charger.

Back