T6.1 battery removal / access fuse box

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I am in the process if planning a leisure battery install and dc-dc charger.

However firstly I cant work out how to remove the battery to get access to the bulkhead grommets. Secondly is it possible to take power from the fusebox that is on top of the battery. I seem to have some of these unused.

0F4E89CF-CC0F-4B37-BC37-1F5AF8BC6EB0_1_105_c.jpeg

I am in the process if planning a leisure battery install and dc-dc charger.

However firstly I cant work out how to remove the battery to get access to the bulkhead grommets. Secondly is it possible to take power from the fusebox that is on top of the battery. I seem to have some of these unused.

View attachment 105389
If you cant get the battery out, perhaps you shouldnt be doing a full install ;););):p:p Joke

It looks like WV have just done on the T6.1 what we have allready done on the T6 . . . . . . . . added an extra FuseBox next to the battery.

for the big cables as the battery post gets full up . .

VW solution . . . 2021

1614178661249.png

our solution . . . . 2018

1614178708743.png1614178866095.png

i must say i do like that solution ( i like mine too) . . . but very neat from VW. - wonder if you can get it as a retro fit for T6?

Same thing !!!!

It looks like WV have just done on the T6.1 what we have allready done on the T6 . . . . . . . . added an extra FuseBox next to the battery.

for the big cables as the battery post gets full up . .

VW solution . . . 2021

View attachment 105413

our solution . . . . 2018

View attachment 105414View attachment 105415

i must say i do like that solution ( i like mine too) . . . but very neat from VW. - wonder if you can get it as a retro fit for T6?

Same thing !!!!

Battery looks more exposed to dirt and the elements. :devil::devil:

And I still cant open that &*^&* fuse box

Someone must have sussed it :/

come on . . its a fuse box, so a serviceable item. :thumbsup:

get your trim tools out. :somersault:

pop the clip at the front to get it off the battery.

then get the trim tools on it . . . .

post pics of the inside . . . . .

come on . . its a fuse box, so a serviceable item. :thumbsup:

get your trim tools out. :somersault:

pop the clip at the front to get it off the battery.

then get the trim tools on it . . . .

post pics of the inside . . . . .
Its definitely not that. The top part seems to be hinged at the front, I can release a clip at the back right but then Im stuck :/

looks like the yellow bit is the cover for the actual fuses. - that should pop off.

and the green bit is the lower SJ fuse box that is clipped onto the top of the battey

1614364875568.png

Но это еще не все. Есть еще один под батареей.

DSC_0817.JPG

translated:

But that is not all. There is another one under the battery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Защелки крышки отмечены красным цветом. Чтобы его снять, нужно отодрать края в специально отведенных местах отверткой.

DSC_0817_2.jpg

translation:

The lid latches are marked in red. To remove it, you need to tear off the edges in specially designated places with a screwdriver.

thank you @skoroxod

is that your van? , your pictures?

what is the blue stuff on the battery terminals?

can you get a few close up pics of the fuses and bus bar in the SJ fuse box?

спасибо @skoroxod

это ваш фургон, ваши фотографии?

что это за синяя штука на клеммах аккумулятора?

можете ли вы получить несколько фотографий крупным планом предохранителей и шины в блоке предохранителей SJ?

Фургон мой, и фотографии тоже мои. Голубые стержни смазка для того чтобы предотвратить стержни от окислять. Завтра я сделаю фото крупным планом. Здесь уже темно.

translate :
The van is mine, and the photographs are mine too. Blue stems are grease to prevent stems from oxidizing. Tomorrow I'll take a close-up photo. It's already dark here.

Last edited by a moderator:
@skoroxod thank you. have you got a link for that blue Grease?

look forward to the new pic tomorrow.

Normfest Poltec - Battery-Terminal Protection Spray 300mlProduct Code: NOR2897332300

1614368723903.png

Back