T6.1 What’s this live feed under my passenger seat? [Merge]

I am looking at installing a lesuure battery under the passenger bench seat
I have taken photos of some wires under there's but looking at dell massive post installing dc-dc charger the wires are different. In his it shows a 80 amp fuse and I think a 100amp relay as shown in photo. And in mine I have just a 20amp fuse. As shown in the photos
Could any1 tell me what these wires are for. And is there any way of coming off the terminal block for a lesiure battery.
Or am I going to have to run new cables.
Thanks in advance

20220417_115828.jpg

20220417_120014.jpg

20220417_115903.jpg

Screenshot_20220417-120819_Samsung Internet.jpg

You have, in your hand, the factory-fit feed for an aux battery. It’s got a 20a fuse for something that hasn’t been fitted/isn’t photographed - it’s own fuse is in the e-box within the engine compartment. I’m not sure what the blue cable feeds. The smaller red cables, if they don’t terminate under your seat, likely feed your cigarette lighter.

I’ve moved your post here for relevance and so you can see other posts regarding info on your wiring

If you're using a DC-DC charger you can use those existing cables.
Hi
I’ve got the same question - can I use these existing cables under the double passenger seat on a new T6.1 panel van to charge a leisure battery through a DC DC converter?
Are they a standard fit to provide a feed to an OEM leisure battery?

IMG_5935.jpeg

Hi
I’ve got the same question - can I use these existing cables under the double passenger seat on a new T6.1 panel van to charge a leisure battery through a DC DC converter?

Are they a standard fit to provide a feed to an OEM leisure battery?

View attachment 200789
AFAIK yes and yes. The cable, which usually splits there and runs back to feed a cigarette socket, should be fused via the E-box in the engine bay.

Hi All. Sorry to resurrect this old thread. I'm helping a friend fit a few accessories to his new T6.1 Kombi. He has the factory fit second battery under the passenger bench. It has as dedicated fuse box that is fed from a 60A mega fuse on the battery's terminal connection block, but at the moment it only has a single 20A blade fuse in it which feeds the cigarette lighter on the dash.

I've nicked this photo from earlier in the thread as I don't have a picture, but it basically looks like this.

1712694073535.png

I'm assuming you need a female blade fuse connector you can crimp onto a wire and push fit into this fuse box. But there are so many options out there for this, I was wondering if someone can confirm a working part for this? Would this do it?

Also any recommendations on cable size to feed a combined USB/Cigarette socket in the rear of the van, so approx 1m in length. I was thinking 2.5mm2 would be plenty?

Many thanks.

Back