T6.1 What’s this live feed under my passenger seat? [Merge]

Bobbych

T6.1, Highline 150 DSG in conversion
T6 Pro
Im new to the transporter world. Im looking for a location for my Leisure Battery and have looked under the Single front Passenger seat.

The available pace looks ok. Easily 330 mm L x 230 mm H x 200 mm W.

While looking I found a bunch of taped up (from Factory) Positive wires.

One looks to be at least 10mm2 So I'm assuming I can connect my CTEK250SE via a Fuse to that rather than run a new Cable to the Battery. Or am I incorrect?Under Single Passenger seat wiring (2).jpg

I'd imagine the under seat space is the same as a t6. It certainly looks like it from your photo; I found exactly the same cables under my t6 passenger seat over the weekend. Two of the smaller cables come from the blue (15A ??) fuses which I know are for the c & d pillar 12v sockets.

I assume the smaller cables go to the devices and the larger diameter ones go to the starter battery?

I thought it was odd to come like that from the factory but apparently not!

Im new to the transporter world. Im looking for a location for my Leisure Battery and have looked under the Single front Passenger seat.

The available pace looks ok. Easily 330 mm L x 230 mm H x 200 mm W.

While looking I found a bunch of taped up (from Factory) Positive wires.

One looks to be at least 10mm2 So I'm assuming I can connect my CTEK250SE via a Fuse to that rather than run a new Cable to the Battery. Or am I incorrect?View attachment 62632
Hi Craig, I have just run 2 cables for EHU and the DC to DC charger under the rubber floor. I didnt notice those wires in mine so did what others advise and ran cables through floor and into engine bay using the grommet near glovebox. I removed both swivel seats first ( be careful not to pull the seats out before disconnecting the handbrake and all the electrical plugs- I disconnected the full block of connectors from the swivel base). I think the advice suggests taking the whole floor out to run the cables but i managed to peel the mat back under the glovebox after removing the undertray to locate the grommet, and used an electricians fish wire to feed down centre of cab in channels alongside rhe looms ( it is tight near the centre console and requires patience but saved me from taking quite a bit of the dash out ). I sort of put my head under the mat and used a torch to assist with feeding cable to rear of centre console.Once routed, put the wire through the grommet.The cable pops out above the battery but is above the black metal plate.I took the metal cover off in order to feed the cables down with the bulkhead cable loom. Its a tight fit with 2 cables but managed it. Give me a shout when you get round to doing it, unless somebody knows about the wires you already have under the seat.

I am also on the hunt for a leisure battery setup. Not sure whether to go for the passenger seat or right at the back of the van. I sited the battery at the back in my T4 and it was fine no evidence of voltage drop. I'm finding the smart alternator thing a bit of challenge think I'll go with a Ctech. Am I right in thinking Fuse 55 is the one to use for a ignition live wire? This site seems like a great resource this is my first post!

I am also on the hunt for a leisure battery setup. Not sure whether to go for the passenger seat or right at the back of the van. I sited the battery at the back in my T4 and it was fine no evidence of voltage drop. I'm finding the smart alternator thing a bit of challenge think I'll go with a Ctech. Am I right in thinking Fuse 55 is the one to use for a ignition live wire? This site seems like a great resource this is my first post!
The fusebox is different on the T6.1. I used the spare way as you see in the picture with a piggy back fuse holder. This was an ignition live that feeds my dash cam.

20200304_094458.jpg

Thanks , just fitting insulation and soundproofing. tomorrow is making the panel below the rear light into a EHU cover/water inlet. Electrics are still in the future, but trying to get my head around them as so many things are interelated All I need now is a view of a T6 fusebox and piggyback connection! Thanks all the best.

Hi, I also have the wires already under the passenger but was advised to run thicker, which I did (10mm2) I now want to disconnect the wires already there from the battery so \i can connect the new one, I am guessing it is the one on the top in the photo, does anybody know for sure?
Thanks

IMG_3132.JPG

Those cables under the seat will be connected to fuses in the ebox under the battery. They are not connected directly to the battery +ve terminal.

Those cables under the seat will be connected to fuses in the ebox under the battery. They are not connected directly to the battery +ve terminal.
Thank you! I guess I will add the new one on top then and the leave the others taped up?

If you're using a DC-DC charger you can use those existing cables.
I am but I was advised by Absolut 5 to run a thicker one so he provided a 10mm2 as part of a 'Kit' so I ran a new cable from starter battery that will go into ctek, I didnt get any cable to run from ctek to leisure battery so need to order some more 10mm2 have 30 amp fuses to insert before ad after ctek

Does any one know what this wire is my t6 didn’t have it?
Fingers crossed it the wire to use for my leisure battery.

62E99E5A-4EA4-492E-8898-13A05B780943.jpeg

Haha I’ve read up that I can be used for dc dc charger which I have. The ctek one.
think I just need to get to the ebox and change the fuse or maybe can just ad the fuse to the end that is taped up hmmm
Hopefully someone with a bit knowledge tells me what I can do with it :)

I would look for you but unfortunately I`m away from my personal laptop to check. Have you not looked on downloads to see if that area of the circuit is covered in there....long shot tho.

Can I use it to to charge my leisure battery?
Via a DC-DC charger, yes. It’ll be fused at the e-box so no fuse should be needed.

I’ve got a Ring unit which is battery sensing thus doesn’t need an ignition live feed - depending on the unit you choose, you may need one (it’s possible that one of the smaller gauge cables is an ignition live feed, but I seem to recall it being the top-dash cigarette-socket feed).

Back