I wouldn't go for 235/45/18 these are undersized compared to OEM, and will not look good imo;
My choice would be 255/45/18 or 235/55/18(about 3% over sized)
Thank you Chris for replying to the post. Was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to reply! ( I have read many of your posts )
Do you think the 8.5 et45 would look good and the right fit, the 18" alloys i am thinking off are load rated but only come in et45, will they catch! On 245 45 as they go about 15mm closer to the suspension. I've read so much, some say they don't catch some say they catch!!
I am just trying to make the t6 look a bit better, I didn't want to slam dunk it! And I don't want to lose the ride comfort etc
I brought it for the 3 kids seats to be able to all fit! And a large boot for all there stuff!!
I agree with some of your other posts about all season tyres, i have no issues with the all season tyres that are on, so going to fit some more to the new alloys.

20190602_160337.jpg

Screenshot_20190602-180549_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190602-180725_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190520-105441_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thank you Chris for replying to the post. Was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to reply! ( I have read many of your posts )
Do you think the 8.5 et45 would look good and the right fit, the 18" alloys i am thinking off are load rated but only come in et45, will they catch! On 245 45 as they go about 15mm closer to the suspension. I've read so much, some say they don't catch some say they catch!!
I am just trying to make the t6 look a bit better, I didn't want to slam dunk it! And I don't want to lose the ride comfort etc
I brought it for the 3 kids seats to be able to all fit! And a large boot for all there stuff!!
I agree with some of your other posts about all season tyres, i have no issues with the all season tyres that are on, so going to fit some more to the new alloys.

View attachment 44565

View attachment 44571

View attachment 44572

View attachment 44573

personally I'd go 19s

So the 17" Devonports you already have, also come with a 235/55/17 tyre on some T6 variants; so these tyres will sit 10mm closer to your structs (This is what my van came with); so 14.4mm closer as shown on the drawing is only an extra 4.4mm closer than the wheels mine came with; therefore I'm 99% sure they will be fine, as there is no way VW OEM would work to such close tolerances in terms of mud or ice build up in such a small gap.
So you can safely go with them imo; and if when you've got them you feel like some spacers then no issue. I would have spacers depending on your tyre section width maybe 25mm all around; but I would fit the new wheels/tyres first before deciding.

The bridgestone A005 you show in 255/45/18 are a perfect match imo, and should be a comfy ride no problems at all.

Last edited:
If you did want to go the 19" route, then 235/50/19 Michelin Crossclimate SUV tyres, maybe the choice

personally I'd go 19s
19" Was what i was looking for orginally! Was trying to get all season tyres and keep the sizes more or less tbe same as what's already on, don't want to change the overall size.
So dropped on to 18" as I seam to have more of a choice.

So the 17" Devonports you already have, also come with a 235/55/17 tyre on some T6 variants; so these tyres will sit 10mm closer to your structs (This is what my van came with); so 14.4mm closer as shown on the drawing is only an extra 4.4mm closer than the wheels mine came with; therefore I'm 99% sure they will be fine, as there is no way VW OEM would work to such close tolerances in terms of mud or ice build up in such a small gap.
So you can safely go with them imo; and if when you've got them you feel like some spacers then no issue. I would have spacers depending on your tyre section width maybe 25mm all around; but I would fit the new wheels/tyres first before deciding.

The bridgestone A005 you show in 255/45/18 are a perfect match imo, and should be a comfy ride no problems at all.
Mine came with 215 60 17

20190417_175904.jpg

perfect offset
Do you think this set up will be ok when running air suspension? As mine has just had vb air fitted ? I’m trying to get the best look but also don’t really want to compromise with the wheels possibly catching on arches etc

Do you think this set up will be ok when running air suspension? As mine has just had vb air fitted ? I’m trying to get the best look but also don’t really want to compromise with the wheels possibly catching on arches etc

I'm sure it would be ok, it will be the tyres that will be the tough choice on air

You want to ask the guys on here who are on air

Morning All,
Forgive me for jumping in on a thread that looks like its been dead a while, but as others have said on this forum .... my brains frying !! I'm picking the newish T6 up this week and I've already been and bought some 20"alloys with an et of 40. I have no plans to drop the suspension as its gonna be driven ( steadily of course ) over tracks and fields to get to the best fishing spots on the rivers Wye and Trent . Somewhere on here , one of our well informed fellows has stated the correct size for a 20" rim is 275 \ 35 \ r20 which I appreciate. Would these be OK for my usage ?, if I were to fit 275 \ 40's for the extra wall depth would they rub anywhere with my unlowered suspension ?

Morning All,
Forgive me for jumping in on a thread that looks like its been dead a while, but as others have said on this forum .... my brains frying !! I'm picking the newish T6 up this week and I've already been and bought some 20"alloys with an et of 40. I have no plans to drop the suspension as its gonna be driven ( steadily of course ) over tracks and fields to get to the best fishing spots on the rivers Wye and Trent . Somewhere on here , one of our well informed fellows has stated the correct size for a 20" rim is 275 \ 35 \ r20 which I appreciate. Would these be OK for my usage ?, if I were to fit 275 \ 40's for the extra wall depth would they rub anywhere with my unlowered suspension ?

Look into 265/40/20s

Who'd have thought buying alloys was so stressfull, finally found that the bronze Zito Zf01 are load rated to 900kg, i know i need a tyre 103 or above, the campers on H&R springs so been dropped by about 40mm, same old question do i go 275/40/20 or 265/40/20, dont really want to go 35 , people keep saying 40 will be fine :(
?????

Who'd have thought buying alloys was so stressfull, finally found that the bronze Zito Zf01 are load rated to 900kg, i know i need a tyre 103 or above, the campers on H&R springs so been dropped by about 40mm, same old question do i go 275/40/20 or 265/40/20, dont really want to go 35 , people keep saying 40 will be fine :(
?????
265/40 or 245/45s depending on the rim width

Back