I had the -40 springs (marked with vw677). Was a bumpy ride with no weight in the back on a t32.

I'd recommend increasing your budget for a set of coilovers. Much better overall system than springs only but will be more expensive. Cheers Ian

Hi @Big LG, welcome to the forum :thumbsup: As you live in the midlands, I would strongly recommend you speak to Steve @CRS Performance about all things suspension? Going from my own experience and depending on your budget of course, I would steer clear of just the springs with the standard shocks as the ride is harsh. If 40mm is as low as you’ll ever want to go, then speak to Steve about the H&R springs with the Koni shocks.

If you’re willing to travel, speak to @ChrisR The Van Cave he has a T32 himself and a wealth of knowledge!

To be honest, looking at location, I think this is one for Steve @CRS Performance ! Much easier for the OP to get over there than get down to me, but thanks @T6ARF for the recommendation. :thumbsup:

It's all good advice about lowering springs and standard shocks @Big LG , it's not the best ride available let's say, but if springs is all your budget allows then fair enough.

The best result possible for a modest drop and quality ride and comfort is the KONI shocks and H&R springs specced to your requirements
The kit isn't as expensive as a good coil over but the ride is better because of the sensible drops .
We have plenty of stock ( for the first time this year )
we can fit and set up the van for you as well if we are convenient to you .

Really wanted to go for 20's but after a lot of reading and the fact I carry a fair bit of weight I'm going to be semi sensible and go for 19"s.

I really like the look of this which has staggered 19"s, same colour van as mine.

My question is can I get away with just springs to get this look, 40mm drop, and be ok when I have to carry the occasional half pallet of tiles. I always have around 150kg in the back in racking and tools.

Screenshot_20201119-205718~2.jpg

Really wanted to go for 20's but after a lot of reading and the fact I carry a fair bit of weight I'm going to be semi sensible and go for 19"s.

I really like the look of this which has staggered 19"s, same colour van as mine.

My question is can I get away with just springs to get this look, 40mm drop, and be ok when I have to carry the occasional half pallet of tiles. I always have around 150kg in the back in racking and tools.

View attachment 92473
I have a T28, Panel Van. It’s a work van, and has racking on one side. I have 20’s with eibach adjustable springs, and standard shocks. It’s down 40mm, but as importantly it sits level. The set up is fine for me. C76FA6F1-7906-408C-A9EE-E433E8E425D3.jpeg

I have Supermetal Trident 20’s with 275 35’s. Available as vw accessories, with the recommended tyre size. I have 102 load rate tyres. I did the wheels/tyres first. The ride was better than the 17in Davenport’s I took off. About a month later, I got the springs changed. A little firmer, but still better than the old 17’s. It corners flatter, and looks so much better. I had the alignment done at the same time. All is spot on. I’m well chuffed

The springs are listed as 40mm at the front, then the rears, are set to level the van. I reckon I’m hauling around 500kg

@Ads_Essex
non at the moment pal for three reasons

1. Carnt make my mind up
2. Tight
3. Looking at possibly stopping to a Kombi and selling camper

Option 2 and 3 don’t go together really,
If or when I change I would pro go for the ST by KM or Chilli Jams

If I sell the camper I would still change the suspension but for something like the Stance, the ones on now are poor

I have a T28, Panel Van. It’s a work van, and has racking on one side. I have 20’s with eibach adjustable springs, and standard shocks. It’s down 40mm, but as importantly it sits level. The set up is fine for me. View attachment 92477
Are those the gloss black or Matt black? I’ve ordered the same van and can’t decide between them (the tridents I mean)

I'm changing my lowered springs and going back to standard, I'm sick of scraping my ABT bumper trying to get in to customers driveways !
There will be a full set of lowered springs and T32 shocks front and back for sale after wednesday next week

If you're looking for tridents, save yourself some cash and ask me for a quote. I'm a supermetal dealer and my prices are much lower than the main dealers.
No probs
If you're looking for tridents, save yourself some cash and ask me for a quote. I'm a supermetal dealer and my prices are much lower than the main dealers.
sounda great, I’ll give you a call, or a dm

My two penny’s worth.
I read a lot of reviews about Steve at CRS Performance. Cannock is 40 minute drive away.
I read up on what I wanted to achieve.
Same height ‘ish. But I wanted comfort, like comfort that was derived from the best shock absorber for under £1500. Fitted.
I rang and spoke with Steve.
Detailed my requirements.
Arrived and they installed the kit, the height at the front was too low.
They removed all the front suspension again.
Micrometer adjusted the clamp and Shock.
Ordered thicker heavy duty too mount.
I bought us the sarnies, Steve picked up BEST !
Kit installed, Steve at CRS will detail better if I got it wrong !
H&R 30mm diameter front & rear ARB.
original Cali Ocean 6.1are 24mm front and 25mm rear. Woefully under rated IMHO for a 3 ton Campervan.
Koni shock absorbers on each corner, dual shock with frequency self adjusting technology.
Same technology they use in very high end
My review and findings below.

Before: sloppy and feels like it’s going to tip over, point it to a bend and worry the back is going to overtake the front, feeling like I’m driving a bus.
Bouncy castle effect feels like being on the venga bus.
Whilst driving at 81mph in France, feels bouncy and if you hit a large undulation in the road it’s just not the best feeling.
Pull out of a junction a little spiritedly, the front wheels can spin and lose traction.

After: taught steering, turn into a bend and the whole chassis feels like it sits down and is flat, with no roll, no feeling of wanting to tip over.
Planted going over speed humps, potholes, dips and bumps. No rattling or wobbling of things inside.
Whilst driving at motorway speeds, feels planted to the road, bends and undulating road surface soaked up and causes zero concerns, leaving one more relaxed whilst driving.
A more rounded enjoyable driving experience.
Lower only 20mm on the front height clearance, but gained a truckload of enjoyable driving experience. At 30mph on B roads, the idiots who pull out in front of you, causing you to jab the brakes, the whole body hunch’s down on its 4 corners rather than tipping you forward.
It’s like the suspension knows what you want, it’s hard when you want a quick manoeuvre. It’s soft and supportive like a good bra!! When you need it to soak up the bumps and holes.
Truly awe inspiring shock absorber.
It uses Koni’ patented frequency selective damping to ensure the correct level of damping on each corner as to the ever changing road conditions.
Another example, when I pull out of a road, used to get a small amount of tyre spin, and lose traction, tried the same junction, same wet greasy cold road. (I’ve still got the newish BFG K02’s on) And no wheel spin, it’s like the shock is holding the rear, no wheelie as the weight is transferred to the rear of the chassis, and I don’t get that lift up at the front anymore. Pushing the front down so more power is delivered and it’s a lot more noticeable for feeling stuck to the road.
The shock absorbers are truly a work of art.
The extra size diameter of the ARB will help in tandem with the shocks, and keep everything feeling tight and controlled.
That’s the feeling, tight, controlled, as if I am back in control and it’s going to go where I point it. And stay there

A truly massive Thank You to Steve (Steve’s!) at CRS Performance in Cannock.
Glad I went with spending money on suspension that £640 on Lazer lights !! Maybe next year;)

Back