Also looking into upgrading the front end of my startline and the options.
cost of each etc

Thanks,

A pic of how it looks now, I've nothing else I want to do to it but clean and polish every chance I get it and enjoy it when ever I can, (which isn't a lot at the moment)

How many T6 folk have said "I've nothing else I want to do to it" and the following week we are spending some more cash on things we never thought we needed!!

@Willie - I'll give it 4 weeks (when the next pay cheque lands) before you buy something new...

Hi! I’ve had a look around the forum but I’m looking to generally improve the look of my van. I’ve had a quote to sand down and paint the front and back bumpers and spray them white to transform it to a highline look and also spray the mirrors gloss black. Coming in at £1250 + vat. Ideally looking for a cheaper option, like a used front and back bumper that can be fitted in the right colour. Can anyone help? The dream is to go two tone and keep the white top, but colour on the bottom.

C7AF256A-4250-4B96-8142-D17F59A3769C.jpeg

D7290B46-1C92-4FE4-98D5-595964687FDE.jpeg

Hi! I’ve had a look around the forum but I’m looking to generally improve the look of my van. I’ve had a quote to sand down and paint the front and back bumpers and spray them white to transform it to a highline look and also spray the mirrors gloss black. Coming in at £1250 + vat. Ideally looking for a cheaper option, like a used front and back bumper that can be fitted in the right colour. Can anyone help? The dream is to go two tone and keep the white top, but colour on the bottom.

View attachment 140662

View attachment 140663
Hi, Have you looked into getting the lower half wrapped in your colour choice ?

I 'd expect that to be around the £1500 -£1800 mark .

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Here’s a post you may like - it may work out cheaper:

Theres a few bumpers on eBay currently, worth checking your paint code against the ones on there.

Don't paint textured bumpers. They go weird after a year or two. Just replace. Way cheaper in the long run. I'm so glad I did mine. Well worth it.

Don't paint textured bumpers. They go weird after a year or two. Just replace. Way cheaper in the long run. I'm so glad I did mine. Well worth it.
Thanks for getting back too me! How much did it cost? I just have this van for 1 year until my new one arrives.

Ah, that's a different option then. They will look good for a year, not so good after that but by then you won't care....

I think mine cost me about £600 2 years ago so that would make sense. If you only have it for a year it doesn't make much sense.
Go commercial! Keep the rugged look!

Alternatively you could play to your strengths, save your money, and lean into the commercial look by keeping the bumpers as they are?

I agree…. the commercial look is a great look! And if you’ve only got this van for a year I wouldn’t waste your money changing the bumpers at all.

I have a Highline now but I think next time I’ll go for the commercial aesthetic then I won’t have to worry about the odd bumper scrape.

I’ve seriously considered and wouldn’t rule out for the future changing my front end/bumper to a Startline black textured bumper. I like the simplicity of it and it wouldn’t suffer from as many stone chips as a painted bumper.

Hi! I have seen various bumpers on eBay and FB marketplace from a T6 Caravel or another types of T6 van's that might fit my van. Mines 2018.

If I get this front bumper of eBay (same colour as my van) then can I simply swap it for the one that I have? I don't fully understand the bumper but can I take the grill sections from my van and put it into this painted one? Photo from eBay attached and my van.

B90B2139-C735-4DD0-8E57-A147E6BF2390.jpgScreen Shot 2022-01-13 at 16.29.23.png2125DA22-F538-41F9-B024-D511AED478BE.jpg

Im pretty sure the startline grilles are fixed to the bumper so you wouldn't just be able to pop out your existing and re use your old ones. could be a good opportunity to upgrade to gloss black plastics.....

Back