No issues at all
Looks as good as day one .
Will be at Dubs int Dales this coming weekend , check it out if your there
Cheers Chris

Still moving along with my van transformation from startline.

Cracking steering wheel fitted and cruise control by Professional Retrofit Ltd.

Well pleased after traveling nearly 800 miles return journey in 16hrs.

FRONT SHOT T6.jpg New Steering Wheel T6.jpg

NEW CRUISE T6.jpg

After purchasing a steering wheel from another T6 Forum member and being let down big time and conned, faith restored and got this fitted with basic functions all working and cant thanks Paul and his guys at Professional Retrofits enough and will visit them again for more work.

Still looking for single seat next.

And have steering wheel FOR SALE from T6 highline in excellent condition but has MK7 buttons which done work with the wheel, how I was sold it but was never told that at point of sale but the basic wheel is good, if interested PM.

Just sharing .

cheers.

New Mod Completed.

Upgraded front door speakers and tweeters from Skipton @ Peter Preston, excellent deals he has on from time to time and what a difference it has made to the sound quality over standard.

IMG_3186.JPG

IMG_3187.JPG

Reading this with great interest, thanks for sharing your tales, both good and bad. I picked up a t6 startline euro 6 in the summer and the converter quoted £850 to colour code the bumpers and also the door handles and mirrors so that sounds ok-ish from what @Willie said above. Any more info on the post colour coding experience i'd be most grateful.0
Great looking van tho @Willie, nice work... But here'sa question... If you have a red van how do you accent that grill strip without chrome? :unsure:

Bump....

I'm having a quandary as to painting or replacing bumpers. £900 to colour code the startline bumpers or about £1100 to replace with (highline?) Non-splitter bumper from travelin lite?
Another question, if anyone has done a tailgate how easy is it to get the two corner panels off for painting?

I would replace with the high-line bumpers all day long tbh and for only 200 of a difference, its an easy decision but your cash your choice, just giving you my thoughts.

Sorry cant help with the tailgate question, happy with my barn doors.

cheers.

Reading this with great interest, thanks for sharing your tales, both good and bad. I picked up a t6 startline euro 6 in the summer and the converter quoted £850 to colour code the bumpers and also the door handles and mirrors so that sounds ok-ish from what @Willie said above. Any more info on the post colour coding experience i'd be most grateful.0
Great looking van tho @Willie, nice work... But here'sa question... If you have a red van how do you accent that grill strip without chrome? :unsure:

cheers for kind comments, post colour coding I've had no issues, and if i had a red van I would get the strip and get it wrapped to colour of your choice.

cheers

Thanks @Willie, but, that £200 can go towards the new Transporter HQ headlights.
The sportline bumper has never been a look i'm after and the highline bumper looks just the same-ish when painted up, as the startline, just not grey and industrial.
Its going to come down to how easy it is to get the rear panels off and then drilling the new bumper, which i recall you had squeeky-bum time over! ;)

and yes, gonna wrap that strip once I have all the rest done and when I know how its gonna feel.
Cheers

Remove rear lights (2 screws each side) and reveals the fixings for the small panels, they are only fixed on the upper edge them lift and wiggle off

Thanks @Pauly much appreciated. Didn't realise the lights had to come off first but it makes sense.

Hi Willie.... A fellow West coast Scotland here!... Greenock to be precise... Im loving your van and your posts/thread.... Great stuff!... Sorry to hear about the steering wheel!...

Ibe recently purchased a 6 month old highline which is currently having the front end sorted as it was a salvaged van... Im liasing with travellite at the moment to get the parts sorted although the full radiator pack and a few pipes etc needing replaced so getting that sorted this week.... However I'm interested in many things you've done to your vandals I'll be doimg similar.... Did you do the windows yourself and did you purchase them from one of the many eBay shops selling them relarivleycheap?.... Also I'm very interested in the company in Kilmarnock you got the carpet lining from.. Could you give me their contact details...

Thankyou!

Hi Willie.... A fellow West coast Scotland here!... Greenock to be precise... Im loving your van and your posts/thread.... Great stuff!... Sorry to hear about the steering wheel!...

Ibe recently purchased a 6 month old highline which is currently having the front end sorted as it was a salvaged van... Im liasing with travellite at the moment to get the parts sorted although the full radiator pack and a few pipes etc needing replaced so getting that sorted this week.... However I'm interested in many things you've done to your vandals I'll be doimg similar.... Did you do the windows yourself and did you purchase them from one of the many eBay shops selling them relarivleycheap?.... Also I'm very interested in the company in Kilmarnock you got the carpet lining from.. Could you give me their contact details...

Thankyou!

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the comments, sorry for the late repley work as usual.

Sounds like you've got a bit of work on there, Tavel-Lite sorted me out and a good price and no real major issues with there stuff TBH. I got a friend of friend to do the windows, he was really good and done them for years and was if i remember about 120 fitted and i bought the windows from a place in Lakedistrict (Lakeland Windscreens Cumbria 01539 736422) delivered and no issues, I've bought T4 and T5 windows from them before and no isssues and very well priced.

VAN TRANSFORM LTD in Killie are superb and still 6 months on no issues at all with there fitment, Cameron 07412 672420 is the one to speak with, tell him you got the number from my self and of the this fourm and you will get a very good price.
Any issues gives shout.

cheers

Update from the look of my Startline to this and still a few things to do but I've only had it a few weeks, so its early on in its transformation journey but I like it.

BEFORE PICS AND AFTER.

View attachment 19733

View attachment 19734

Wheels next and then a few other mods to make it personnel to me and my taste.

cheers
What a great job done very nice was it all from travelin -lite I am thinking of getting the sportline
Bumper and the DRL in the grill from them
Are you pleased with the fit and Quality and the
DRL is it the same colour light as the head lights DRL s

What a great job done very nice was it all from travelin -lite I am thinking of getting the sportline
Bumper and the DRL in the grill from them
Are you pleased with the fit and Quality and the
DRL is it the same colour light as the head lights DRL s

Thanks for the comments,

Overal fitment was good, have an on going little issue with grill on the main bumper pops out a little at one little bit it is annoying from time to time but during the summer im going to change them out for gloss black ones to fix the issue. I never addressed it with Jason at Travelin-lite.

Drl lights and Drl headlights are the same LED colour and no issues with them or fitment.

cheers

Overall really pleased with the van and love driving it every chance i get.

Still looking for single seat tbh but refuse to pay stupid money for one, so looking at RX8 seats in red and black leather or Audi black A5 S line seats and both for half the money of 1 sinlge seat for T6.

Enjoy the journey.

Thanks for the comments,

Overal fitment was good, have an on going little issue with grill on the main bumper pops out a little at one little bit it is annoying from time to time but during the summer im going to change them out for gloss black ones to fix the issue. I never addressed it with Jason at Travelin-lite.

Drl lights and Drl headlights are the same LED colour and no issues with them or fitment.

cheers

Overall really pleased with the van and love driving it every chance i get.

Still looking for single seat tbh but refuse to pay stupid money for one, so looking at RX8 seats in red and black leather or Audi black A5 S line seats and both for half the money of 1 sinlge seat for T6.

Enjoy the journey.
Thanks for your reply I will have to pull the trigger and get them from Jason then. Enjoy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the comments, sorry for the late repley work as usual.

Sounds like you've got a bit of work on there, Tavel-Lite sorted me out and a good price and no real major issues with there stuff TBH. I got a friend of friend to do the windows, he was really good and done them for years and was if i remember about 120 fitted and i bought the windows from a place in Lakedistrict (Lakeland Windscreens Cumbria 01539 736422) delivered and no issues, I've bought T4 and T5 windows from them before and no isssues and very well priced.

VAN TRANSFORM LTD in Killie are superb and still 6 months on no issues at all with there fitment, Cameron 07412 672420 is the one to speak with, tell him you got the number from my self and of the this fourm and you will get a very good price.
Any issues gives shout.

cheers
Hi wellie thanks for the info reallyappreciate it!... Sorry I'm so late at replying also been flat out work!.... Im still in the process of fixing GN the front end plus I purchased a tailgate that arrived yesterday and now I'm wondering if I've made a mistake considering how complicated it appears... Anyways I'll jeep you posted on my progress and hope your van is coming along also!

Has any one went from a starline front end and upgraded it to a highline one with front spoiler?..

I've found the kit I want, bumper primed, lower grille with drl, upper grille, front end spoiler, and also buying fog lights as an extra.

Just unsure if am best to get fog lights fitted and drl in lower grille 'prepped' ( as these cant be fitted to my startline bumper ) first, then take it too my paint shop for bumper and lower spoiler to be painted.

20180403_123247 (1).jpg
My van now.VA5930_vw_t6_transporter_caravelle_15+_genuine_oe_front_drl_sml_a.jpg
This is what I'm after with it been painted candy white.

Any help or advice ?

Hi mate, I did exactly the same with mine but without the drl’s. Might be worth asking if your bodyshop will just do the whole lot... fitting the fogs and drl’s too. I just got it all done in one go!

AD09D701-5B9B-4604-ADEB-2E12177ECDAC.jpeg

A103F6C8-3B35-4AD4-9125-051BA967388B.jpeg

Back