500g, suitable for all door, window and pop top seals. Good price for a good product.
My normally less than perfect side window seal hasn’t leaked in the last couple of days deluge.
This is cheap enough to apply thick, close the window and wipe off the excess.

Up date on my diy fixes. I re sealed the joint between the glass and the track with black silicone. It seems to have solved the problem of water leaking down by passing the catching drainage channels. Iv greeted up my rubber is grease but I don’t think my window shuts tight enough. D8D6F01E-5C5A-4745-9473-34C9EC84AF51.jpeg

Hi.

It’s not news about factory kombi windows and how shit they are, because they leak!!!

Mine has got worse and worse, and now to a point the van smells damp, I’ve today with an air line blown the drains through but seen as it’s still raining, parked in my drive won’t take long to determine it it’s resolved or not!

Anyway, after speaking to a local consversion company, he said aftermarket kombi windows don’t leak, however I don’t want inset windows!

I’m sure I’ve seen THQ do some kombi windows without an opening window, Jami at a plain panel of glass.

Anyone got these or know anything about? I’m tempted to go down this route before this water ingress becomes a bigger problem!

5489C3B5-CB25-4C30-B9B4-B1CC13A53D05.jpeg

C028BF9D-ABCA-465E-83A1-6F9DE7793500.jpeg

Search ‘sliding windows’.
The quick ’fix’ while it’s raining hard is to pack some silicone grease in the gap from the outside, I don’t mean a light coat, jam it in.
At least the van will be dry inside.
Other option is tape over the gap, won’t look pretty but it will stop the water until you have decided on a solution.

Literally looking at this today for the same reason! Mine have been replaced once under warranty too :rolleyes:.
THQ/Camper glass definitely do fixed windows, reasonably priced. If you want them sliding I believe they’re recessed as you said. I do know, from their videos, that they’re working on a flush sliding window but aren’t 100% happy they don’t leak yet…

Reactions: DWS
I had this same issue on my Kombi well over six months ago. Went for the recessed sliding Camper Glass windows and can't fault them... However I can count the amount of times I've opened them on one hand.

THQ/Camperglass do flush sliders now.

I fitted the recessed sliders to my last van when going PV>Kombi - they never leaked.

Literally looking at this today for the same reason! Mine have been replaced once under warranty too :rolleyes:.
THQ/Camper glass definitely do fixed windows, reasonably priced. If you want them sliding I believe they’re recessed as you said. I do know, from their videos, that they’re working on a flush sliding window but aren’t 100% happy they don’t leak yet…
So I found a local chap who was recommended via a friend of a friend who just had his T5 kombi windows done.

So I’m just in the process of booking him to supply and fit a pair of fixed privacy windows! Hopefully will be done in the next couple of weeks, and will more than likely work out cheaper than getting them dismantled cleaned and refitted to only find they will leak again!!

So I found a local chap who was recommended via a friend of a friend who just had his T5 kombi windows done.

So I’m just in the process of booking him to supply and fit a pair of fixed privacy windows! Hopefully will be done in the next couple of weeks, and will more than likely work out cheaper than getting them dismantled cleaned and refitted to only find they will leak again!!

That’s what I’m hoping to get done! Wouldn’t have thought it would cost too much? Got to be easy when you know what you’re doing and the hole is already there…
I’ve never opened my windows for any reason other than trying to work our why they’re leaking so I think I’d rather just do away with the risk!

That’s what I’m hoping to get done! Wouldn’t have thought it would cost too much? Got to be easy when you know what you’re doing and the hole is already there…
I’ve never opened my windows for any reason other than trying to work our why they’re leaking so I think I’d rather just do away with the risk!
£345 and he’s supplying everything

I have a VW T6 and the factory side windows are leaking. There is loads of info on the net but does anyone know how to remove the sliding wind onto gain access to the drainage outlets so they can be cleaned out?

if this doesn’t work I am thinking about replacing them with OEM windows. Are these better at getting rid of water?

cheers all

I noticed the factory flush-mount sliders on my 2018 Edition have been leaking recently and the one on the drivers side (non door) doesn't slide that well, so following some posts on here I took the window out from the runners to clean the drains and check fitment etc.

I took the window seal off with a view to check and clean it before applying some silicone spray but found the inner lip of the seal looked rusty. On closer inspection the lip around the top of the window has parted company and looks bulged (I have nothing to compare it to but it doesn't look right and I think explains why it's not moving freely)

IMG_4823.JPG

The seal also seems damaged around the catch area?

IMG_4824.JPG

Has anyone seen this before, I've contacted the garage where I bought the van to see if anything can be done under warranty (although wording states it excludes bodywork and glass so not hopeful) but my leaks seem to be more down the failure of the integrity of the window casing rather than anything I can do maintenance wise.

If I can't get anything done under warranty does anyone know if you can just buy the window insert as a separate part from VW and if so any idea on cost? Failing that I may be looking at swapping out for Transporter HQ's new flush sliders :-(

I noticed the factory flush-mount sliders on my 2018 Edition have been leaking recently and the one on the drivers side (non door) doesn't slide that well, so following some posts on here I took the window out from the runners to clean the drains and check fitment etc.

I took the window seal off with a view to check and clean it before applying some silicone spray but found the inner lip of the seal looked rusty. On closer inspection the lip around the top of the window has parted company and looks bulged (I have nothing to compare it to but it doesn't look right and I think explains why it's not moving freely)

View attachment 194831

The seal also seems damaged around the catch area?

View attachment 194832

Has anyone seen this before, I've contacted the garage where I bought the van to see if anything can be done under warranty (although wording states it excludes bodywork and glass so not hopeful) but my leaks seem to be more down the failure of the integrity of the window casing rather than anything I can do maintenance wise.

If I can't get anything done under warranty does anyone know if you can just buy the window insert as a separate part from VW and if so any idea on cost? Failing that I may be looking at swapping out for Transporter HQ's new flush sliders :-(
Someone had one fall out due to rust - in the archives somewhere.

Someone had one fall out due to rust - in the archives somewhere.
Here...

Back