remove a replace them, thay are crap. weve seen them fall out as paynewright and BAV says above. replaced x 2 yesterday coincidentally. :thumbsup:

Quick update:

I reached out to Dan at JustVans where I bought the van and he got back to me within the hour, confirmed it couldn't be claimed under the TMO Warranty but apologised for not spotting it pre-sales and is sending me a pair of new aftermarket sliders, no quibble (also sorting me out a spare wheel and jack [Edition only comes with compressor and goo] as I prefer to know I have some spare rubber if needed :cool: )

Top man and highly recommend Just Vans for anyone looking for vans or servicing in the South West :thumbsup:

Quick update:

I reached out to Dan at JustVans where I bought the van and he got back to me within the hour, confirmed it couldn't be claimed under the TMO Warranty but apologised for not spotting it pre-sales and is sending me a pair of new aftermarket sliders, no quibble (also sorting me out a spare wheel and jack [Edition only comes with compressor and goo] as I prefer to know I have some spare rubber if needed :cool: )

Top man and highly recommend Just Vans for anyone looking for vans or servicing in the South West :thumbsup:
Good news.
Have a search on the Forum on ‘jack’.
The OEM Jack isn’t really safe I’m many owners opinion, many have opted for a bottle jack

Mine are leaking too… tbh. I didn’t want the sliding windows or the second sliding door either… Im thinking of getting silicone sealant smeared all along the edges.. got no intent of ever opening them…

Don't despair, removing the glass slider will give complete access to the 2 drainage slots. I used a very thin piece of plastic to clear them. I used a syringe filled with water to purge the debris out of the round hole. Also be sure to clean the rubber gaskets with warm soapy water before you refit the window.
Lastly if you park nose down any water that has leaked through the gasket will drain.
This should give you at least 2 years trouble free.

I am waiting on my 3rd replacement sliding window on my 70 plate under warranty.
The Manger at VW told that the OEM windows DONT leak but all the time the van is under warranty VW will only replace them with VW genuine parts.
So I guess its let them replace them hoping that one will do the job or wait and replace it with OEM once the warrantee runs out.
Comes to something been OEM parts are better than genuine. !!!!!!!!

So sorry I obviously got that completely wrong with regards the OEM .
It was after market windows he was talking about.
I apologise

If its any help mate, I cleaned mine, used some Gummi Pflege (I've got an E93 Cab so used this on the seals) on the rubber bits and its still leaks if its torrential but much less than before. I'm talking a few drops on the step compared to a puddle on the step that needed drying out.
Not perfect but enough for me now to not to get replaced.

Hi all, had exactly the same issue with both my side windows (Van just over 4 years old). The passenger side had initially been leaking for some time at the bottom right corner (from inside). Though more recently the driver side also started. In short I removed both windows using a trim tool, cleaned the rubber on the window (very dirty) and treated with Gummi Pledge (as Jonwm said). Also checked the channels were clean and then re fitted. Problem solved and not a single leak since. Seems that this is simple down to the dirt collecting on the rubber seal that you can only clean with the window out. Probably have to do again in a few years time....

I have spoken to a different dealer and the problem allegedly is due to drain holes being to small , so VW fix now is to enlarge the existing drain holes !!!!
We shall see once it’s been done

I took the window seal off with a view to check and clean it before applying some silicone spray but found the inner lip of the seal looked rusty. On closer inspection the lip around the top of the window has parted company and looks bulged (I have nothing to compare it to but it doesn't look right and I think explains why it's not moving freely)
Mine has done exactly the same and a warranty replacement has also been refused. Been quoted around £1100 for OEM slider replacement and £400 to £500 for an OEM non opening window.

Mine has done exactly the same and a warranty replacement has also been refused. Been quoted around £1100 for OEM slider replacement and £400 to £500 for an OEM non opening window.

@Higgidav , these are the replacements I got sent and they look as good as the OEM ones with a better mechanism ;-)

Its not as comfy though.

Thats what I was told too.
had my windows replaced with oem ones 5000 miles in and the new ones leaking now,what next from vw 2 sets of windows both leaked im going to ask them to put aftermarket ones in,anyone had any success asking this?

on my 2nd set of oem windows still leaking and guess what they gunna put a 3rd set in that will leak! 5000 miles in sportline 204 2022 lot of wedge for a leaking van

Mine went in the bin and I got camperglass fixed side windows, if its good enough for a caravelle ...

My window fix was easier than expected. Both mine on my 6.1 were leaking but seems to be not due to the drainage holes being blocked. Mine was from the plastic casing not being sealed and bonded to the glass. The rain would get in and simply run in-between the plastic case and the glass.
I took the sliders out, cleaned thoroughly with a solvent cleaner and caulked the gap with black Tiger Seal sealant while forcing as much sealant in the gap.
Touch wood not a leak again yet!
I'll add some pics asap.

I’ve had the vehicle 8 days!!
Only 8 months old with 6k on the clock. I knew it would happen but didn’t expect it this quick. Booked in with my VW dealer, see what they got to say about it.
IMG_3382.jpegIMG_3383.jpeg

It’s a huge issue and it always has been, why VW can’t address it I’ve no idea, on the basis mine never got opened I went for solid glass panels and binned the oem leaking windows, VW would never have solved the issue from stories in heard, so it was cheaper for me to go the route I did!

Back