How wide spread are these Turbo failure cases? Right now all I can see is one company reporting failed turbos after remaps and another with customers who’ve done 20k +with no issues.

Is there any data out there that details the findings either way of the results?

How wide spread are these Turbo failure cases? Right now all I can see is one company reporting failed turbos after remaps and another with customers who’ve done 20k +with no issues.

Is there any data out there that details the findings either way of the results?

Have just contacted HazzyDayz to try and obtain a definitive answer and they apparently use Celtic Tuning - here's their web page....for the T6 Euro 6

Volkswagen Transporter T6 2.0 TDi EU6 102 bhp
ShareFacebookTwitterBack to Models

We at Celtic Tuning develop all of our own software in house using the very latest equipment.

All of our software is developed in our purpose built dyno cells running state of the art Dynocom 4WD rolling roads to ensure accuracy in terms of both power delivery and also to ensure fuelling, boost pressures and exhaust gas temperatures (where applicable) are all within tolerance.

We pride ourselves on our ability to achieve maximum power whilst maintaining optimum reliability.

Request Quote
Economy
Stage 1

Original and Modified Difference
Power
(bhp)

102 Original
bhp

144 Modified
bhp

+42
bhp

Torque
(lb/ft)

184 Original
lb/ft

278 Modified
lb/ft

+94
lb/ft

View Chart

Stage Notes
The stage 1 software on this vehicle is designed for use with standard components and within tolerances.

This is classed as our fast road application which is the best all round performance for stock vehicles.

They have been removed

We dared mention trade membership to him and i was met with insults so he has departed along with his posts

Hmmm not good public relations from him.

As for things going missing, have all the SOLD posts in the for sale section disappeared?

Oh thanks a lot Pauly. Thank you for clearing that up for me and Apologies to the Above as got confused. I've had a pendle re map done on my 150 and very pleased with it. Still bit confused as Pendle have put on profile page a free health check to outside companies who have carried out the software for Pendle for customers. Not sure if he just digging out one company as was very pleased with who done mine?
Am I worrying over nothing?

I haven’t changed my mind just not keen on his attitude, personally if I was remapping I like the idea of it going on a rolling road and getting a custom map/tune

Agree, just using a generic map and not having a before/after RR print out seems a bit hit and miss. Hence why Pendle knows what he's talking about, but his attitude is just wow.

I had a generic map put on an old Subaru of mine, back in the days when mapping was all smoke and mirrors, all it did was boost spike and smoke like crazy. That engine was on a sure fire path to destruction if I'd have carried on using it.

When I took it for a custom map by Bob Rawle the difference was night and day, that engine finally went on for 10000's of miles before I missed a gear at Castle Combe. :laugh:

My view for what it's worth both are extremely good remaps, however I'd rather give my cash to Revo due to their investment prior to launching a remap (although I might need to delete this now) and their "works van" overtook me on the dual carriage way outside Poole a few weeks ago and it was COOL.

Back