Power Latching Retrofit Kits

Ha Ha Nope, thanks anyways Robert.
I will have to buy some, waste money and find out which ones I need. When I do I will let everyone know so they do not waste money trying to find out, the idea of a community forum. he he.

It’s the smaller control modules for power latching 7E0959243E
The larger control module is for electrically actuated door and thats 7E0959243D (the one you don’t want)

The wiring is surprising simple, a few cables need running front to back as you need a hefty power supply (larger than power latch) and cables for canbus/dash buttons
I have run all these cables in but have not removed the door yet to change the rails/seals etc so still work in progress, I am making notes and have templated the wiring loom just in case I need to recreate it again ;)

@Pauly I’ll try and work out how to PM you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and be in touch! I’m so rubbish with computers lol

So I've fitted this on the sliding door of my '18 plate T6 Highline. The latching itself works fine, but the problem is the dash indication of door opening; it always shows open when the door is closed and vice versa. Have tried two control modules - 7H0 959 243 D and 7H0 959 243 H -and the same problem occurs with both. Measuring the output wire from the power latching module to the BCM, it's connected to ground when the door is open - the reverse of what you'd expect!

Has anyone seen anything like this? Is there something in VCDS which codes this behaviour?

Cheers @Pauly your kit went in perfectly, you obviously know you’re stuff as based on our conversation the loom was perfect length for my slightly custom install round the camper conversion. Now have to stop playing with it or I’ll wear the motor out in days at this rate!

So I've fitted this on the sliding door of my '18 plate T6 Highline. The latching itself works fine, but the problem is the dash indication of door opening; it always shows open when the door is closed and vice versa. Have tried two control modules - 7H0 959 243 D and 7H0 959 243 H -and the same problem occurs with both. Measuring the output wire from the power latching module to the BCM, it's connected to ground when the door is open - the reverse of what you'd expect!

Has anyone seen anything like this? Is there something in VCDS which codes this behaviour?
I have this problem too. Did you resolve it?

Back