Power Latching Retrofit Kits

Glad to report I didn't get scammed. :whistle:
New motor fitted and working.
Hardest part for me was getting the B-Pillar clipped back up. Well happy with the end result. :thumbsup:

Following a couple weeks of trying out and testing we are now ready to release the retrofit power latching kits for tailgates and sliding side doors.
The kits are supplied with a custom wiring loom and all required parts to complete the job, the install is relatively straight forward and can easily be completed by a single person.
A 12 volt positive supply is required (negative connections are provided) in the rear of the vehicle to power the control modules that activate the power latching and a cable is provided for this for the installer to take to a place of their choosing.
Each kit requires one existing vehicle cable to be cut and joined onto the provided loom.
Everything supplied is a genuine Volkswagen part supplied from VW UK (excluding the custom wiring loom) and carries the appropriate warranty so a perfect fit can be assured.

*edit
I have recently reviewed parts prices from VW as they have been creeping up and up for a while and the kit prices have not changed for a long time so kit prices have been revised below

Pricing as below + £4.99 delivery per order
Tailgate Latching Kit = £380
Slider Door Latching = £490
Tailgate + One Slider = £845
Tailgate + Two Sliders = £1295

In light of the ever increasing price of parts from VW i will try and keep some second hand motors and modules in stock so we can make side door kits utilising these, as and when these are available then side door kits will be £325

We will be supplying instructions with these kits and hope to have them ready in the next few days but as a loom is provided most of the connections are plug and play and all fixings utilise factory holes so no drilling or power tools are required.
These kits are made to order so we anticipate an approximate dispatch time of around one week from order being placed
Hi Pauly: Can I buy a Slider Door Latching Kit please for a 2019 T6 SWB?
Kind Regards Alan

Thanks to @Pauly for the sliding door kit. Perfect fit and cannot understand why this is not a standard fit for all sliding doors.
Door now closes without having to open a front door or window

Following a couple weeks of trying out and testing we are now ready to release the retrofit power latching kits for tailgates and sliding side doors.
The kits are supplied with a custom wiring loom and all required parts to complete the job, the install is relatively straight forward and can easily be completed by a single person.
A 12 volt positive supply is required (negative connections are provided) in the rear of the vehicle to power the control modules that activate the power latching and a cable is provided for this for the installer to take to a place of their choosing.
Each kit requires one existing vehicle cable to be cut and joined onto the provided loom.
Everything supplied is a genuine Volkswagen part supplied from VW UK (excluding the custom wiring loom) and carries the appropriate warranty so a perfect fit can be assured.

*edit
I have recently reviewed parts prices from VW as they have been creeping up and up for a while and the kit prices have not changed for a long time so kit prices have been revised below

In light of the ever increasing price of parts from VW i will try and keep some second hand motors and modules in stock so we can make side door kits utilising these, as and when these are available then side door kits will be £325

We will be supplying instructions with these kits and hope to have them ready in the next few days but as a loom is provided most of the connections are plug and play and all fixings utilise factory holes so no drilling or power tools are required.
These kits are made to order so we anticipate an approximate dispatch time of around one week from order being placed
Hi Pauly
are you still doing the sld power latching kits.

Kevin

I am yes, feel free to send me a pm and we can arrange
Hi @Pauly , Are you still doing power latching kit for a tailgate?
Will it fit a t6.1 ?
I have a oem power latching sliding door but couldn’t order power latching tailgate without rubber floor and I wanted a plywood floor. I have fitted a kombi threshold plate to cover the edge of the ply flooring.

No reason why it wont work but the wires should have gone in before the floor went down, you may be able to tuck them into the edge of the ply flooring depending how tight the wood is against the bottom of the D pillar ?

Send me a pm and we can discuss

No reason why it wont work but the wires should have gone in before the floor went down, you may be able to tuck them into the edge of the ply flooring depending how tight the wood is against the bottom of the D pillar ?

Send me a pm and we can discuss
Hi @Pauly
Thanks for your reply, it’s no problem as the floor is not screwed down but held down by the plastic rings that fit under the tie down eyes so I can lift it.

Just fitted mine today and found it really easy to install. No more waking the world and his dog up in the middle of the night going for a slash.
Cheers Pauly

Yes I agree, @Pauly does an excellent job of the loom.
lucky for me, I found a spare 12v permanent supply in the fuse box and fitted a terminal into the feed side so the fuse fits like oem.

*edit

*edit

These kits are made to order so we anticipate an approximate dispatch time of around one week from order

*edit

Hello, I need to order one for the tailgate and a single sliding door. Any Idea where to start?

Can anyone help recommend someone to fit one of these for me please? I've bought one from Pauly but it's not something I'd take on myself. I'm in South Bucks. Thank you.

@Pauly
Hi Pauly, I've thoroughly read your post about retrofitting the slider door power latching.... would it be possible, if I can find a motor here in France, to get (buy) only the ECU and the harness? Thank in advance for your reply, Pierre

@Pauly
Hi Pauly, I've thoroughly read your post about retrofitting the slider door power latching.... would it be possible, if I can find a motor here in France, to get (buy) only the ECU and the harness? Thank in advance for your reply, Pierre
Yeah sure we can sort something out, send me a private message and we can discuss and I will find out postage cost to France

*edit

In light of the ever increasing price of parts from VW i will try and keep some second hand motors and modules in stock so we can make side door kits utilising these, as and when these are available then side door kits will be £325 going up as prices are getting crazy

I am interested in a sliding door latching kit. Prices have no doubt gone up but they seem reasonable, have got all winter to work on it.

Back