Power Latching Retrofit Kits

Hi,
I'm trying to find a place to install automatic side doors in my 2016 T6 Caravelle and I arrived here. Are you still offering those kits. The tricky issue is that I'm based in Madrid....

Hi,
I'm trying to find a place to install automatic side doors in my 2016 T6 Caravelle and I arrived here. Are you still offering those kits. The tricky issue is that I'm based in Madrid....
Are you talking about power-latching / closing
or
power opening and closing?

Are you talking about power-latching / closing
or
power opening and closing?

Well, I'm afraid my English is not as good as it used to be. I don't really understand what is "power-latching". I'm looking for automatic opening and closing the kids doors by pressing a button in the car interior and also in the remote key.

That’s full electric, I only do power latching which requires the door to be closed manually then a motor pulls the door in for the final closing action

Well, I'm afraid my English is not as good as it used to be. I don't really understand what is "power-latching". I'm looking for automatic opening and closing the kids doors by pressing a button in the car interior and also in the remote key.

I think the quickest way to do this would be to trade in and fit new. Definitely not the cheapest option.

I would provide you with handy solution if I didn't have these from factory setup.:(

I'm pretty sure this can be done way cheaper;) like few times cheaper:whistle:

• Love
Reactions: mmi
Following a couple weeks of trying out and testing we are now ready to release the retrofit power latching kits for tailgates and sliding side doors.
The kits are supplied with a custom wiring loom and all required parts to complete the job, the install is relatively straight forward and can easily be completed by a single person.
A 12 volt positive supply is required (negative connections are provided) in the rear of the vehicle to power the control modules that activate the power latching and a cable is provided for this for the installer to take to a place of their choosing.
Each kit requires one existing vehicle cable to be cut and joined onto the provided loom.
Everything supplied is a genuine Volkswagen part supplied from VW UK (excluding the custom wiring loom) and carries the appropriate warranty so a perfect fit can be assured.

Pricing as below + £4.99 delivery per order
Tailgate Latching Kit = £330 inc VAT
Slider Door Latching = £430 inc VAT
Tailgate + One Slider = £735 inc VAT
Tailgate + Two Sliders = £1125 inc VAT

We will be supplying instructions with these kits and hope to have them ready in the next few days but as a loom is provided most of the connections are plug and play and all fixings utilise factory holes so no drilling or power tools are required.
These kits are made to order so we anticipate an approximate dispatch time of around one week from order being placed
Hi,

Are you still selling these?

Thanks,

Tom

Just reading through and it is a standalone system that just requires 12v. Could I just wire to a leisure battery or should it go to the van supply?

Hopefully Pauly can sort a loom out for me, far too skint to buy the complete kit in one go :-( Or does anyone know what size cable/plug types I need and I will "attempt" to make one. I need to get the loom in place before I carpet.

Just reading through and it is a standalone system that just requires 12v. Could I just wire to a leisure battery or should it go to the van supply?

Hopefully Pauly can sort a loom out for me, far too skint to buy the complete kit in one go :-( Or does anyone know what size cable/plug types I need and I will "attempt" to make one. I need to get the loom in place before I carpet.
Wired mine to leasure battery, no issues :thumbsup:

... does anyone know what size cable/plug types I need and I will "attempt" to make one. I need to get the loom in place before I carpet.
Cable sizes for tailgate power latching and associated wiring are as follows
0.35 mm²
0.5 mm²
1.0 mm²
1.5 mm²

Found the looms pre made on ebay now. I will wait to see if Pauly wants my money as I would prefer it went his way, If not it will be ebay.
Good info though Robert thank you.

Back