Power Latching Retrofit Kits

Following a couple weeks of trying out and testing we are now ready to release the retrofit power latching kits for tailgates and sliding side doors.
The kits are supplied with a custom wiring loom and all required parts to complete the job, the install is relatively straight forward and can easily be completed by a single person.
A 12 volt positive supply is required (negative connections are provided) in the rear of the vehicle to power the control modules that activate the power latching and a cable is provided for this for the installer to take to a place of their choosing.
Each kit requires one existing vehicle cable to be cut and joined onto the provided loom.
Everything supplied is a genuine Volkswagen part supplied from VW UK (excluding the custom wiring loom) and carries the appropriate warranty so a perfect fit can be assured.

*edit
I have recently reviewed parts prices from VW as they have been creeping up and up for a while and the kit prices have not changed for a long time so kit prices have been revised below

Pricing as below + £4.99 delivery per order
Tailgate Latching Kit = £380
Slider Door Latching = £490
Tailgate + One Slider = £845
Tailgate + Two Sliders = £1295

In light of the ever increasing price of parts from VW i will try and keep some second hand motors and modules in stock so we can make side door kits utilising these, as and when these are available then side door kits will be £325 going up as prices are getting crazy

We will be supplying instructions with these kits and hope to have them ready in the next few days but as a loom is provided most of the connections are plug and play and all fixings utilise factory holes so no drilling or power tools are required.
These kits are made to order so we anticipate an approximate dispatch time of around one week from order being placed
First post was last updated Oct 22 so wont be far out
Hi Paul
Definitely interested in the sliding door power latching kit. Would take the cables under the floor and take the 12v supply from the leisure battery. What’s the next step? How do I pay? My van is a T6 2016 reg.

Just sent a message to @Pauly. Wondering if anyone else could assist?

Hi Pauly

I've now purchased the KUFATEC loom and controller (7E0959243E). Unfortunately, KUFATEC won't give me the installation instructions for the whole slider power latching system, or any instructions for that matter... They advise to study the wiring diagram. To have access to full (or any!) instructions apparently that requires the entire kit to be purchased for EUR800. This seems a little mean spirited.

I assume you kit/loom is similar to the one that KUFTEC provide? I've worked out most of the install but I'm somewhat cloudy when it comes to the interface between the loom and the striker plate. This should take place under the passenger seat and requires some cutting/splicing? Any advice would be very much appreciated!

I'm happy to compensate you should you want to send me the instructions provided with your kit!

Regards

No, my kit is nothing like there’s as they supply sliding door lock unit and cabling to go through the b pillar etc which my kit does not so the instructions won’t help you I’m afraid

No, my kit is nothing like there’s as they supply sliding door lock unit and cabling to go through the b pillar etc which my kit does not so the instructions won’t help you I’m afraid
Ah, thanks for the pointer. Some other users seem to have installed the Kufatec kit, maybe they could shed some light...?

If would like to install power latching for sliding doors, do I need to change the lock to the one that has a sensor or I can use this button sensor in C pillar?
Also will your kit fit the T5.1?

Send me a pm to remind me and will have a catch up with everything tomorrow :thumbsup:

Back