Power Latching Retrofit Kits

Sliding door power latching cable routing on a fully converted camper. The cable from the power module to under the passenger seat ideally runs up the D pillar, along the roof and down the B.
How have people routed the wiring when there’s no access to the roof space?

Have gone for routing via the side step.
Note: the power module and motor were recycled T5 / 5.1 spares, cutting the cost down significantly. I’m all for recycling AND saving the world / money in the process.
Many thanks to @Pauly for supplying the wiring loom and installation instructions.

Have gone for routing via the side step.
Note: the power module and motor were recycled T5 / 5.1 spares, cutting the cost down significantly. I’m all for recycling AND saving the world / money in the process.
Many thanks to @Pauly for supplying the wiring loom and installation instructions.

Wish he would sell me some looms!! lol

Following a couple weeks of trying out and testing we are now ready to release the retrofit power latching kits for tailgates and sliding side doors.
The kits are supplied with a custom wiring loom and all required parts to complete the job, the install is relatively straight forward and can easily be completed by a single person.
A 12 volt positive supply is required (negative connections are provided) in the rear of the vehicle to power the control modules that activate the power latching and a cable is provided for this for the installer to take to a place of their choosing.
Each kit requires one existing vehicle cable to be cut and joined onto the provided loom.
Everything supplied is a genuine Volkswagen part supplied from VW UK (excluding the custom wiring loom) and carries the appropriate warranty so a perfect fit can be assured.

Pricing as below + £4.99 delivery per order
Tailgate Latching Kit = £330 inc VAT
Slider Door Latching = £430 inc VAT
Tailgate + One Slider = £735 inc VAT
Tailgate + Two Sliders = £1125 inc VAT

We will be supplying instructions with these kits and hope to have them ready in the next few days but as a loom is provided most of the connections are plug and play and all fixings utilise factory holes so no drilling or power tools are required.
These kits are made to order so we anticipate an approximate dispatch time of around one week from order being placed

So the sliding door kit.. is it working for people? the sliding door annoyance.. for me is two-fold. often it won't shut ( maybe air vacuum in the van with everything else shut) so multiple slams. and that's annoying.. and often its shut but not showing as shut on the dashboard.... so would be really nice to sort this out. This Kit option and concept is very tempting ..

So the sliding door kit.. is it working for people? the sliding door annoyance.. for me is two-fold. often it won't shut ( maybe air vacuum in the van with everything else shut) so multiple slams. and that's annoying.. and often its shut but not showing as shut on the dashboard.... so would be really nice to sort this out. This Kit option and concept is very tempting ..
Had mine in for a couple of years now with no problems, much much better with it.

After the experience of my T5, soft close sliding door was the first option I ticked when it came to ordering the T6 and it’s so much better. I would have liked it for the tailgate too but I had to stop somewhere. It’s on my list.

Mine’s been fitted for a few weeks now and the difference is night n day. No more reslamming and so easy for little ones to close too.

I would say the tailgate is my favorite as I am in and out of the rear fetching tools/materials more than the side!

Agree with @Alan Walsh , in for a few years and no issues, fairly straight foreard to fit and makes shutting so much less slammy and much quieter which is a general + and a ++ for campsites and friends driveways ☃️
Agree with the above - you can quietly and slowly bring the door to a close, and the motor does the rest. Same with opening the sliding door - you don’t feel like you are going to rip the handle off now that opening is assisted!
It’s a straightforward install that has given me no issues.

Agree with the above - you can quietly and slowly bring the door to a close, and the motor does the rest. Same with opening the sliding door - you don’t feel like you are going to rip the handle off now that opening is assisted!
It’s a straightforward install that has given me no issues.
I was amazed to find out that the Grand Cali doesn't have it as standard, and that has an even bigger slammier door.

I was amazed to find out that the Grand Cali doesn't have it as standard, and that has an even bigger slammier door.
Wow. That’s poor. I guess the ‘grand’ denotation definitely means large rather than generous.

Standard side door kit is £430 + £5 delivery

For those on a budget I have a couple second hand motors and control modules I can use to make up a kit

Anyone who wants anything is best sending me a pm and we can arrange it

Back