Power Latching Retrofit Kits

Yes they do
have sent a couple out for T5.1s but think the power on the motor needs to be reversed as they seem to run the other way, could be that the negative return from the door switch is the opposite way around ie normally closed/normally open ?
Haven’t got one to test so can’t be sure but worst case you will need to reverse two wires in one of the connectors

Send me a message if you are interested but have a bit of a back log at the moment so will need a few days to get a kit together

Hi @Pauly ,

I'd like to buy a side-door latching kit please. Could you confirm how to pay and an ETA on delivery?

Mine's a LWB (in case that makes a difference to loom length or whatever)

Cheers.

@Pauly Any chance of a copy of the instructions please, or maybe post them in the VIP section.
I would like to see what is involved, before ordering the kit.

Many thanks,

Pete

Send me a pm guys and will sort out when i have chance

Yes I am, send me a pm of you want a kit and we can sort it out

For anyone in any doubt as to whether it’s worth retrofitting the power-latching kit..
I was installing some bits today and took the positive feed off the latch motors temporarily.. and wow, I’d forgotten how much effort you need to get the sliding door closed.
Definitely a ‘must have’ for any camper-conversions.
Cheers for the kit and instructions @Pauly

Hey Pauly,

Thanks for the side door kit... it’s fitted and fully operational on our T6 Cali Beach and we love it. Took about three hours ... couldn’t be happier with it.

I managed to connect to the door sensor in the b pillar following your advice to help find black/green cable so no need to cross the van to passenger seat to connect it.

Thanks again

Mark

Hi, Can you supply and fit the power sliding doors and tailgate to t6 18 reg Lwb transporter shuttle. Is it the same as the VW factory supplied upgrade?

Hi, Can you supply and fit the power sliding doors and tailgate to t6 18 reg Lwb transporter shuttle. Is it the same as the VW factory supplied upgrade?
Power sliding doors are different to power latching - the forum sell the power latching kits so you can just gently push the door to its closing point and let the latch pull it closed, but as for power-sliding... I think @Robert has a DIY on the go:
Retro fitting powered Tailgate???

Yes they do
have sent a couple out for T5.1s but think the power on the motor needs to be reversed as they seem to run the other way, could be that the negative return from the door switch is the opposite way around ie normally closed/normally open ?
Haven’t got one to test so can’t be sure but worst case you will need to reverse two wires in one of the connectors

Send me a message if you are interested but have a bit of a back log at the moment so will need a few days to get a kit together

Do you send out instructions that I could give to the converters for them to add it in whilst doing our conversion??

When would we need to buy it in order for them to come before September?? (we are still saving for the conversion just now). How much would it be including delivery for one sliding door only?? We live in Scotland (not technically the Highlands but a lot of companies class it as that).

This is the only thing I miss from our old campervan. It is so quiet opening and closing the door. The whole campsite will hear us going for a pee in our veedub.
:rolleyes:

Yes I can provide basic instructions and connection details

Standard price is £440 delivered for a single side door kit and I would recommend you buy it at least one week (preferably two) before you need it as they are made to order

Back