Power Latching Retrofit Kits

Still need to wire these in. It was on the job list before this blanket of cold stuff appeared everywhere. Hopefully before Christmas.

Hi, my van is a 2 year old T6 SWB Highline. It already had a full camper conversion with pop up SCA roof when I bought it almost a year ago. Is there any hope of fitting the electronic latch for the sliding door now? Thanks for your help / advice. Best regards, Graham.

It may be possible, you have to get a couple cables from rear quarter panel/C pillar area to under the passenger seat, the normal route is up and over the roof and down the B pillar but if you are unable to remove the roof trim to follow this route you may be able to go low and hide the cables under your flooring/side step to jump the gap from C pillar to B pillar ??

We've fitted Paul's kit under the step rather than over the roof before, just make sure your wiring is suitably protected at stress points and edges etc where it passes near raw edges and probably worth wrapping in harness flex. None of the wires were visible on our conversion as we replace the original step with the higher combi step, but this may not be the case in your conversion.

Your biggest problem might actually be with the conversion upholstery. You will need access to the inside of the 'C' pillar and the cavity behind in the quarter panel. A lot of camper converters take the 'lazy' route and upholster over everything from pillar to back door, which means to access the areas needed to fit the soft latch means cutting, stripping off and replacing the upholstery along this panel.

I havent forgot you mate, pm me your number and I will give you a call, afraid I’m out of the office for several days so not going to be able to get one out soon

Hi, just a quick note to say thank you to Pauly and Pocc for their responses to my question yesterday. As Pocc suggested my biggest problem would be the upholstery which appears to be one piece front to back. It would be a major strip down to get the required access which sadly would be too much work for me. I hate the noise of the sliding door when on campsites, especially late evening when people are asleep. If I get another T6 campervan I'll make sure it has the electronic latch. Thanks again.

Hi GA - or just make sure you pick a converter who upholsters the van with maintenance afterwards in mind rather than just a quick easy job - we retrofitted this for a customer as we always leave the panels removable in our builds - too many horror stories from sparkies like Paul who have to try and dismantle campers to fix faults for our liking :)

T5_LWB_SOFT.jpg

Hi Pauly,
My LWB T6 is going to the converter in 3 weeks time, have I time to get one of your slider kits ? And can I still close the door manually with the kit fitted but not powered up ?
Thanks
Colin

Yes and yes, will need a couple days to make the wiring and get it all together but can have a kit to you by end of week
Send me a pm if you want a kit and we can get it sorted

Hi Pauly, just starting my money sapping journey to upgrade my van. Just changed the headlights and the sliding door kit is next on my(long) list.
Not sure how to pm I'm afraid but could you please let me know how to go about getting/ paying for one if they're still available.
Thanks
Al :)

Hi Pauly, just starting my money sapping journey to upgrade my van. Just changed the headlights and the sliding door kit is next on my(long) list.
Not sure how to pm I'm afraid but could you please let me know how to go about getting/ paying for one if they're still available.
Thanks
Al :)
@Al K. At top of screen on right hand side is a button marked “inbox”, press it. Select the person(s) you want to have a private conversation with (works just like an email), give it a title, Press “start conversation” at the bottom once you’ve typed out your message.

Tip: you don’t need to put @ before their name when selecting it.

Hi Pauly I have just got my shiny new campervan and I won’t to fit a power latch to the side door
Please can I order one from you
Thanks
Andy

Yes of course send me a pm with the details of you van and we will get it sorted but I am very busy at the moment so will need a few days

Hi Guys, hope you don’t mind me hijacking this thread but I have factory fitted power latching on the tailgate but it’s stopped working, the thought of a trip across Manchester to the main dealer doesn’t fill me with joy - anyone got any ideas for a quick fix....?

Appreciate any comments / advice.
Tks.

Back