Power Latching Retrofit Kits

Following a couple weeks of trying out and testing we are now ready to release the retrofit power latching kits for tailgates and sliding side doors.
The kits are supplied with a custom wiring loom and all required parts to complete the job, the install is relatively straight forward and can easily be completed by a single person.
A 12 volt positive supply is required (negative connections are provided) in the rear of the vehicle to power the control modules that activate the power latching and a cable is provided for this for the installer to take to a place of their choosing.
Each kit requires one existing vehicle cable to be cut and joined onto the provided loom.
Everything supplied is a genuine Volkswagen part supplied from VW UK (excluding the custom wiring loom) and carries the appropriate warranty so a perfect fit can be assured.

Pricing as below + £4.99 delivery per order
Tailgate Latching Kit = £330 inc VAT
Slider Door Latching = £430 inc VAT
Tailgate + One Slider = £735 inc VAT
Tailgate + Two Sliders = £1125 inc VAT

We will be supplying instructions with these kits and hope to have them ready in the next few days but as a loom is provided most of the connections are plug and play and all fixings utilise factory holes so no drilling or power tools are required.
These kits are made to order so we anticipate an approximate dispatch time of around one week from order being placed
Hi,
I've just received my van which was ordered with power latching tailgate and side door but it was a misbuild by VW and they forgot to install power latching to the side door. They have advised it can't be retro fitted probably because it's in the "too difficult to answer" category so your solution sounds great. I had the van converted literally straight away after picking it up so this wasn't initially identified. Can you please advise where the tie in to the wiring loom is as now the conversion is completed access is difficult. If it is all local to the locking mechanism this is perfect. Thanks a lot

Is there any coding with VCDS - or is this a stand alone system?

Hi,
I've just received my van which was ordered with power latching tailgate and side door but it was a misbuild by VW and they forgot to install power latching to the side door. They have advised it can't be retro fitted probably because it's in the "too difficult to answer" category so your solution sounds great. I had the van converted literally straight away after picking it up so this wasn't initially identified. Can you please advise where the tie in to the wiring loom is as now the conversion is completed access is difficult. If it is all local to the locking mechanism this is perfect. Thanks a lot

Tailgate and left side door control modules live in the rear left panel directly above/behind the nearside wheel arch. A 12 v positive supply is required at the control modules.
From this location there is a piece of the loom that goes to each power latching motor, the latch motor replaces your existing striker plate so one set of wires goes down and out the rear and runs under the rear tailgate threshold strip on the floor (a replacement threshold is part of the kit) and the other runs forwards inside the rear panel to the left latch plate (behind rear passenger seatbelt) and all these connections are pre-terminated/pre-plugged.

The sensing/door switch cables are the only piece of the kit that run away from this area, the tailgate wires go straight up into the roof and interrupt a cable in the main roof loom that runs along the nearside of van front to back so it can be picked up just before the tailgate area, the side door cable that needs interrupting is underneath the passenger seat, this is the trickiest part getting the cables there although the cable that you need to interrupt basically goes from the BCM to the door switch on the back of the B pillar so you could pick it up anywhere along its length if access is limited in one particular spot.

Control module location does not have to be inside the rear panel that is just how VW do it so we make the kit in the style as if it were factory fitted along with module mounting brackets etc but it can be changed to fit your needs although it would be tricky to produce a finished wiring loom without knowing exact locations/lengths of cables.
Feel free to send me a PM with your number if you would like to discuss this further

I already have both sliding doors as power latching but the van came without rear even though I selected it, would this be just a plug and play for this or would I still have to cut in to the loom for the Live supply ?

Stirke that... just read page two where you answer the question.
Will get saving as my list of bits to do is ever growing....

No coding is required its a stand alone system basically and once connected and powered it works
OK so the control module doesn't connect to the rest of the van, the kit just needs power?

Its stand alone in that it doesnt affect any other systems on the van but you do have to interrupt the door switch negative return cable which routes it through the new control module so it knows when the door is open/closed to activate the motor so not 100% stand alone if that makes sense, when you cut the cable to join onto it the van will see this as the door being opened

I am referring to it as a control module its basically a glorified relay, it cannot be programmed or anything like that and does not connect to the canbus

I'm very interested in this (I'd looked at doing it myself anyway)

Can you sell the loom and other custom parts separate and then I can get second hand latches?

Could do but I think you would be hard pressed to find the latch and controller second hand as they are unique to T6s and not carry over parts from T5/5.1s

Ah right I was hoping to fit to a t5

With it being the same door and shell it should still work on the sliding door with all the T6 parts?

No it's totally different, based on a different control module and interfaces with the van differently

Awesome mate good to hear you got it all sorted, 4 hours is pretty good going im guessing your no stranger to taking a transporter apart !

This sounds well useful for the slider. Mines constantly not shutting properly and takes a fair bit of force. Also feels like the handle gonna break. Really noisy too. Hmm decisions!

That's what prompted me to do it, pull up in van to get kids, they get in shut door does t close properly and child locks stop them from having another go so you have to get out and walk around to close it jump back in drivers seat and start stop is pissed off because you have opened door so you have to key off and back on again to start engine, was getting very frustrating

So does it require any force at all for it to engage? Genuinely find the slider annoying, think this could be money well spent over the years.

Its hard to quantify force, you do have to engage the first click of the latch so you do still need to push the door forwards but the force required is much lower than the force required to fully shut it without power latching
If you try it on your van you should see what i mean, push the door gently but hard enough to engage that first click on the striker plate this will give you an idea what i mean and how much force is required

A few others have had these and fitted it perhaps they can give some opinions ?
@VWJAY
@andythom188
@Alan Walsh

As Pauly says, (I've only had mine on for a day!) but what a difference, although for me the real revelation is the tailgate. I use my van as a van so am in and out of the back and I was starting to lose the plot with having to slam the tailgate shut, with the power latching I just pull the door to about 10" and the weight of the door does the rest.

Back