Retrofitting powered Tailgate

pezzas

T6 Pro
Hi all,

So is this possible? I assume it must require power struts, power latching and wiring but has this been investigated to date? I did a loose search but couldn't see anything other than the power latching thread for easier closure...

Thanks in advance:cool:

I think @Pauly looked at it but the parts list was very expensive. Someone inquired at hazydays i think about a retro fit price but i cant think what the answer was...

I did make inroads into this, i have all the wiring diagrams etc, it ties into the rear parking sensors etc etc and i got up to around the £2k + vat mark in required parts then discovered that the BCM may need to be changed as part of it and that adds circa £500 + vat material cost plus it will need coding/programming and theres no way i was ripping the heart out of my van so gave up !

Can anybody post the photo of the switch number 8, please?

Zrzut ekranu z 2018-11-21 00-30-29.png

I am still toying as to where I should get it installed.

Reactions: mmi
It's a bit too pricey for me but looking forward to seeing how this is done

Dont say that! i wanted a electric tailgate to go with my side doors but it was not available when i ordered mine. watching with interest :)

Mmmmmm, electric side loading doors :inlove: If only i'd of read more in-depth the forum wish list before ordering mine. Even more important on mine, because the way we built the rear bulkhead, and side loading shelving was so good, it's almost air tight, meaning I have to open a window slightly, every time someone gets in the sliding door and closes it. So frustrating.

Mmmmmm, electric side loading doors :inlove: If only i'd of read more in-depth the forum wish list before ordering mine. Even more important on mine, because the way we built the rear bulkhead, and side loading shelving was so good, it's almost air tight, meaning I have to open a window slightly, every time someone gets in the sliding door and closes it. So frustrating.

why not fit a power latch to your side door ? my tailgate one works great no slamming :thumbsup:

why not fit a power latch to your side door ? my tailgate one works great no slamming :thumbsup:

I considered it, but for the cost of 1 slider, i'd sooner pay double that cost, and have the full monty like yours. It's just something i'd of added from the factory in hindsight.

Thats interesting i hadnt considered this, just had a look on etka and all standard tailgate part numbers begin 7E0 but all electric tailgate part numbers begin 7E5
The three electric ones i can see are :
7E5827025C
7E5827025F
7E5827025G

Back