Power Latching Retrofit Kits

Doesn't take much force to close the side door with power latching proper little gem.
I have it on the rear hatch aswel very easy to close

I agree, the tailgate is the one that gets used the most and is vastly improved, but equally its nice that the Children no longer have to take a run up when closing the slide door, if its on the rear stop then using just enough force to slide it to the end should be enough to engage the first latch then the motor takes over. Defiantly a worthwhile upgrade if you ask me.

@Pauly I am very interested in the single slider and tailgate. I presume they both need a 12v supply so is it possible to take the rear 12v supply from the cable that powers the side latching as they both live in the nearside of the van?

Hi paul et al, just to confirm that the side latch kit also fits the canbus T5's - short and long wheelbase (the C pillar pressings are different in a LWB from a SWB). Customer satisfied with his soft latch. Many thanks.
T5_LWB_SOFT.jpg

Good to hear you got it sorted even with my small mistake on the wiring loom :oops:

Finally got round to fitting my rear and side kits supplied by @Pauly . Great service and instructions, only awkward bit was permanent 12v as my van didn’t have any thing under the passsenger seat so used a piggy back fuse holder from the 15amp cigarette lighter fuse. Will see if it can be made more permanent when the van is converted but well happy with the result. Cheers

Absolutely useless and would have no hope of fitting these. Any one suggest where to have these fitted based in the south east near Brighton.

Is there any way of just getting the wiring for the side and tailgate latching as vw have supplied the parts but no wiring. Having a bit of a nightmare with vw. Should have been fitted at factory but they were missed off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is there any way of just getting the wiring for the side and tailgate latching as vw have supplied the parts but no wiring. Having a bit of a nightmare with vw. Should have been fitted at factory but they were missed off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Then the vehicle is not as ordered and VW are therefore liable. Don't let them shirk their responsibility. Don't deal with the stealer go straight to VWCV head office and failing that VW Germany and your local trading standards office.
Did you buy it with finance/ pro? If so use them to apply pressure as well.

Try sending @Pauly a message, he supplies the kits and wiring on here so is probably the best person to help you.

Pauly makes up the wiring it’s fantastic quality for a retro fit but not factory
I’d persist with VW it’s there cock up after all

As above I make wiring etc but agree with others why should you spend time and money when it's their mistake, it's no 5 minute job

Problem is vw have messed us around so much and it's taken nearly 3months to sort it's now at the converters and they were going to do it and it's currently holding them up. VW sent everything except the wiring and instructions as I don't think the dealer has retro fitted it before.

Cheers for sending the kit so quick, @Pauly. Are you / anyone able to direct me to where the instructions are?

Yes it would need to be changed to the one that is supplied in the kit, it looks identical from above but underneath there is more space to accommodate the power latching motor housing

The supplied kit contains every part required including the threshold trim/replacement screws for the motor etc
@Pauly I've fitted Cali rails and thresholds. Will the kit still fit @ the rear please?

@Pauly I've fitted Cali rails and thresholds. Will the kit still fit @ the rear please?
Yes it won't make any difference as the doors still close to the same position regardless of internal trims although you may need to replace part of the threshold to accommodate the motor

Back