Panel van to........ to be decided.

Can agree with your verdict of kmc holeshots. Mines have started pitting round the studs:thumbsdown: I'm looking to add a Victron 75/15 mppt soon, I thought the pos to battery had to go on the battery terminal but it looks like you have yours going onto your Victron battery isolator. Is there a reason you've done this? Just thinking I have more room near my isolator than my battery as they're under different seats so would prefer to do this if it is an option.
It's on the battery side of the Smart Battery Protect so even if the protect turns off to stop further drain of the battery the MPPT will still charge. Basically it is connected to the battery positive. You couldn't connect it to the other terminal on the battery protect.

It's on the battery side of the Smart Battery Protect so even if the protect turns off to stop further drain of the battery the MPPT will still charge. Basically it is connected to the battery positive. You couldn't connect it to the other terminal on the battery protect.
That's great thanks for clearing that up! Does the Neg have to connect to the neg battery termial or just an earth point on the vehicle?

That's great thanks for clearing that up! Does the Neg have to connect to the neg battery termial or just an earth point on the vehicle?
Nothing on my system connects to the negative of the battery apart from the BMV712. If you dont have the BMT then the MPPT could go to earth point on the van, as long as the leisure battery was also connect to an earth point on the van.

I do have a BMV but it's under the passenger seat along with the battery whereas the victron isolator is under the drivers so will just use an earth point on the van as I should have more space to fit the mppt under the drivers. Wish I had a whole electrics box like you've made, looks so neat and tidy and easy to work on!

That looks mint!!!! Love them. What wheel/tyre size mate? Current set up we have lowered on 20s but now it’s converted can’t deal with the ride!

Thanks for that.

17" Black Rhino Arsenals with BFG 245/65/17

Stock suspension.

It’s my first VW and drives nicely with this setup.

Well after what seems like an endless wait to get some more Dodomat insulation, today it arrived. So I sound deadened, foam insulated and finally put the Dodomat insulation in the tailgate.

48E973A9-A29B-4C10-81D4-C3097E436E99_1_105_c.jpeg

Now I need to order some ply, to make some panels, @Eli any ideas where to source some from the Manchester area, thanks?

Also need to nip out to get a puller tool to get the wiper arms off, for a tenner is not worth the risk of damaging anything. Stubborn little blighter:

DD8B8C96-28E6-4726-91B9-44F612B33C0A_1_105_c.jpeg

Well after what seems like an endless wait to get some more Dodomat insulation, today it arrived. So I sound deadened, foam insulated and finally put the Dodomat insulation in the tailgate.

View attachment 108699

Now I need to order some ply, to make some panels, @Eli any ideas where to source some from the Manchester area, thanks?

Also need to nip out to get a puller tool to get the wiper arms off, for a tenner is not worth the risk of damaging anything. Stubborn little blighter:

View attachment 108700
What ply are you after?

Only a small addition, but as I didnt like the battery being exposed so much I bought a cover.
Only problem is Im missing the trim clip that the big plastic screw at the bottom fight should fasten into, so that corner is loose.

5B4457AC-4112-42D8-81A3-FA142169EB91_1_105_c.jpeg

You need one of these @Skyliner33 -

Thanks, jeez £3.99 for a tiny bit of plastic.

I dont suppose you can the little plastic cover that goes over the nut that holds the wipers on. Mine of mine disappeared into the engine bay, never to reappear.

It’s £1.99 on their own website, but then £3.48 delivery!

Funny you should say that @Skyliner33, I noticed that I have lost one of these too when I last cleaned the van.
Haven't found one on line, so may have to try the dealer.

It’s £1.99 on their own website, but then £3.48 delivery!

Funny you should say that @Skyliner33, I noticed that I have lost one of these too when I last cleaned the van.
Haven't found one on line, so may have to try the dealer.
Part number: 5N0 955 205 9BN (not sure about the second N).

Only a small addition, but as I didnt like the battery being exposed so much I bought a cover.
Only problem is Im missing the trim clip that the big plastic screw at the bottom fight should fasten into, so that corner is loose.

View attachment 109831

Looks great that! I'm a sucker for an under bonnet cover! Where did you get this from? And does it come with the Headlight cover part?

Back