Panel van to........ to be decided.

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
After having sold my Starlight Blue T6, I have started on the journey again. Maybe in a different direction this time.

This was delivered to me:

47E92D48-0B2B-4202-A456-35F4DC6E437F_1_105_c.jpeg

So as I cant drive it yet, which is killing me, I decided to start on some jobs.

First was sound deadening using the Dodo Mat, which I found easier to use than Silent Coat.

A5074D63-6120-4812-8D20-5157CF75DE2C_1_105_c.jpeg74EEA6EE-EF65-4340-BEAC-C235797DADD2_1_105_c.jpeg

Then onto a bit of the foam insulation.

C91EEDEB-6136-42EF-89B7-7E934BB6317D_1_105_c.jpeg

Next I need to get some of the thermal insulation but not decided which one as yet.

looking good . . . why cant you drive it yet?

Gone for the LWB option this time.

Not done much in the last couple of days on the van itself, just added a bit of thermal insulation on top of the sound deadening.

8153464F-AE62-4B37-9428-9111F492232B_1_105_c.jpeg

Apart from this I have been playing with a few bits for the leisure electrics I bought off here.

Starting the battery cabinet, and solar:

46DF7C46-7E5B-484B-A215-FC071685D0C2_1_105_c.jpeg

2146CCBD-D8E1-482B-93EA-BA1E8ED45A9D_1_105_c.jpeg

Loving this thread @Skyliner33.... what an ideal situation to be able to start over, especially after building/converting a lovely looking Starlight Blue T6.... which in my opinion looked at it’s best on your banded steels! :inlove:

Loving this thread @Skyliner33.... what an ideal situation to be able to start over, especially after building/converting a lovely looking Starlight Blue T6.... which in my opinion looked at it’s best on your banded steels! :inlove:
Thank you. I agree it did look best on the banded steels. I sometimes regret selling them. However Im not sure they would have been as god on this colour. I might not drop this one however or if I do it will only be a moderate drop and go the urban swamper setup.

Wheels are the big question. Firstly colour - silver or black (satin, matt, gloss) then style and size - decisions decisions.

Thank you. I agree it did look best on the banded steels. I sometimes regret selling them. However Im not sure they would have been as god on this colour. I might not drop this one however or if I do it will only be a moderate drop and go the urban swamper setup.

Wheels are the big question. Firstly colour - silver or black (satin, matt, gloss) then style and size - decisions decisions.
I think @Tourershine has one of those apps that lets you try different wheels on your van to see what they are like :)

If you’re going for the urban swamper look, what about the Fuel wheels from THQ? Or the KMC Holeshot from @BognorMotors?

Last edited:
Started to work on the leisure electrics.

First a box to put them in, at least until I decide what the conversion layout will be.

673B50CE-60F7-48F0-A6E8-B415A8A76006_1_105_c.jpeg

Then starting to fit the various bits of the leisure electrics. At this stage the battery should charge from solar when the panel is plugged into the MPPT. Then just a couple of wires to get the DC-DC working. Need to run some cables in the van for that. However that will wait. Im not taking the van to bits as many times as I did the last as I just did 1 thing at a time.
CBAA5383-0A40-4C04-87A6-FE1F5E75DF01_1_105_c.jpeg

Started to work on the leisure electrics.

First a box to put them in, at least until I decide what the conversion layout will be.

View attachment 107666

Then starting to fit the various bits of the leisure electrics. At this stage the battery should charge from solar when the panel is plugged into the MPPT. Then just a couple of wires to get the DC-DC working. Need to run some cables in the van for that. However that will wait. Im not taking the van to bits as many times as I did the last as I just did 1 thing at a time.
View attachment 107667
What are you using to crimp the battery lugs? I have some to do.

Can agree with your verdict of kmc holeshots. Mines have started pitting round the studs:thumbsdown: I'm looking to add a Victron 75/15 mppt soon, I thought the pos to battery had to go on the battery terminal but it looks like you have yours going onto your Victron battery isolator. Is there a reason you've done this? Just thinking I have more room near my isolator than my battery as they're under different seats so would prefer to do this if it is an option.

Back